Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Constant crashing.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 24, 2017
Been fine most of the day (UK) but as soon as it starts to get busy i'm getting crashes and can't connect to server every 2 minutes or so,
i know it's not my internet because i have a laptop connected downloading stuff and i got a strong internet speed.

Ensign
Apr 24, 2017
It's starting to get annoying now i can't go through any door or zone without it freezing and crashing,

gonna unsubscribe and hope it goes away and come back another time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
GhostOfErn on Apr 30, 2017 wrote:
Been fine most of the day (UK) but as soon as it starts to get busy i'm getting crashes and can't connect to server every 2 minutes or so,
i know it's not my internet because i have a laptop connected downloading stuff and i got a strong internet speed.
It could be your router as I had similar problems a couple of years ago,or, possibly you're on Avery realm ( a busy realm can cause lags & crashes. )

Administrator
Sorry you're experiencing problems. Pirate101 shouldn't cause constant crashes for your computer. You may want to contact our Support@pirate101.com if you're having a lot of issues. When you contact them, please provide as much detail as possible, such as the following:

1. Confirm username (which account are you playing)
2. What area were you trying to access when this issue occurred?
3. What time (approximately) was it?
4. Please attach game logs for further review
5. Are you still having this trouble? If not, what occurred?

The game log is called the Captain.log file, and you should send that over to support the next time this happens. It's quite easy to send one. Use your email service to add an attachment. Drill down to the Pirate101 Folder then to the Bin Folder and the Log Folder then select "Captain_XXX.Log" (the highest numbered one or the most recently dated).

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Apr 24, 2017
The most puzzling thing is i played wizard 101 last night for three hours without a stutter and paladins/overwatch/battlefield 1 today with no lag or crashes, most confusing.

I did manage to play a couple of hours today with no problems but as soon as the the evening comes thats when the problems start.
I love the game have spent money buying mounts and ships for all 5 characters and it's spoilt by how much i can play.

Ensign
Apr 24, 2017
anecorbie on May 1, 2017 wrote:
It could be your router as I had similar problems a couple of years ago,or, possibly you're on Avery realm ( a busy realm can cause lags & crashes. )
Are all the realms in one area ?

or are there any closer to UK.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
GhostOfErn on May 1, 2017 wrote:
Are all the realms in one area ?

or are there any closer to UK.
Realms are pretty much servers and there are no separate severs for different areas in the world as far as I know of. If you go to options and click the world looking icon you can see all the realms, try changing to a realm with less people. Also, how high are your game settings? I have mine on medium, and the game looks fine with medium settings on.