Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

English Bill's outfit un-dyeable

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Is there any particular reason that English Bill's gear (his hat, outfit & boots dropped by the Duck of Death on Boot Hill) can't be dyed? I've got the full set for my Musketeer but Zoe's a Browncoat through and through - she just doesn't look right walking around dressed all in black & purple.

I love the cut of that suit - especially with Ringo's Revolvers on her gunbelt - but sadly the color just doesn't work. With Eloise coming, if I could dye it brown I'd probably be stitching Zoe's gear to it from now to eternity.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Community Leader
A little more info - I don't know if this is a bug with the English Bill gear items, or if the bug's in the dye vendor. When I take one of the English Bill gear pieces (hat, jacket or boots) to the dye vendor she lets me choose new colors and charges me the gold to dye the outfit - but it won't actually change the gear's colors. The suit remains the same black & purple as always, and my purse is a little lighter with nothing to show for it.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sierra Starsong on Mar 27, 2013 wrote:
A little more info - I don't know if this is a bug with the English Bill gear items, or if the bug's in the dye vendor. When I take one of the English Bill gear pieces (hat, jacket or boots) to the dye vendor she lets me choose new colors and charges me the gold to dye the outfit - but it won't actually change the gear's colors. The suit remains the same black & purple as always, and my purse is a little lighter with nothing to show for it.
Hmm, Sounds like that vendor has a little bit of a pirate in her

Administrator
As an update, this issue was fixed on 2 April 2013.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/update_notes

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*