Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hold the Line + Haywire Shot glitch in PVP

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Hello KI Devs,

While I was doing a practice match on my swashbuckler, I encountered an interesting interaction with haywire shot and hold the line. I used my haywire battle angel's Haywire Shot against an opposing buccaneer pirate. As expected, it knocked the buccaneer back. The opposing pirate then took her turn (she didn't move). The next round, I moved my angel to attack the opposing pirate. Instead of immobilizing and reducing the dodge of the angel when she reached the opposing pirate, the angel was immobilized and had her dodge reduced about halfway through her movement. The spot where she was immobilized was next to where the buccaneer pirate was the previous round. For the sake of hold the line, the game registered the buccaneer pirate as being in her pre-knockback spot, rather than her actual spot. Assuming this is not intentional, could this be fixed in an ensuing update? Thanks.

tldr: I knock enemy buccaneer back with haywire shot. Buccaneer doesn't move on her turn. On my next turn, hold the line triggered as if the pirate had *NOT* been knocked back.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Matthew525011 on May 16, 2017 wrote:
Hello KI Devs,

While I was doing a practice match on my swashbuckler, I encountered an interesting interaction with haywire shot and hold the line. I used my haywire battle angel's Haywire Shot against an opposing buccaneer pirate. As expected, it knocked the buccaneer back. The opposing pirate then took her turn (she didn't move). The next round, I moved my angel to attack the opposing pirate. Instead of immobilizing and reducing the dodge of the angel when she reached the opposing pirate, the angel was immobilized and had her dodge reduced about halfway through her movement. The spot where she was immobilized was next to where the buccaneer pirate was the previous round. For the sake of hold the line, the game registered the buccaneer pirate as being in her pre-knockback spot, rather than her actual spot. Assuming this is not intentional, could this be fixed in an ensuing update? Thanks.

tldr: I knock enemy buccaneer back with haywire shot. Buccaneer doesn't move on her turn. On my next turn, hold the line triggered as if the pirate had *NOT* been knocked back.
I'm very sorry about your problem, Matthew5250! Hmm. Please let KingsIsle know about this by emailing support@kingsisle.com or by contacting a Message Boards Community Manager right here on the Message Boards!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 14 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 11 Musketeer

Ensign
Jun 14, 2013
I experience this glitch a lot but mostly in PvE. The same glitch also occurs when a Galewind Doubloon is used. Alongside that, Readied Spell and Overwatch's trigger range doesn't change either, causing me to get sniped most of the times.

(Despite their decreased accuracy Muskets can still land a shot. How accurate are they!?)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Joseph K on May 16, 2017 wrote:
I experience this glitch a lot but mostly in PvE. The same glitch also occurs when a Galewind Doubloon is used. Alongside that, Readied Spell and Overwatch's trigger range doesn't change either, causing me to get sniped most of the times.

(Despite their decreased accuracy Muskets can still land a shot. How accurate are they!?)
How Dodgy are you?