Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hydra - 2 years & still here

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 09, 2011
I was wondering, if after these two years, could you please finally fix the issue with the Hydra in Aquila? When it was first released, it took me around five tries in the Hydra battle, for the Ebon head to stop glitching out. The Ebon head will get hit the first round, you wait for it to respawn, and when it finally does- it breaks. The Ebon head does not have a hit box so you can attack it, nor does it move or attack any other players - it is just there.

I am sorry to sound like a narc, I know your company is majorly busy, but it just seems a little extreme - that a major bug like this hasn't been fixed in the past two years, and your only major update in those two years is a world that has been in the files for a long time.

Please fix the Hydra glitch

-Sincerely ; every single one of your players that has been complaining about this for the past two years.

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2015
nicolas123654 on May 31, 2016 wrote:
I was wondering, if after these two years, could you please finally fix the issue with the Hydra in Aquila? When it was first released, it took me around five tries in the Hydra battle, for the Ebon head to stop glitching out. The Ebon head will get hit the first round, you wait for it to respawn, and when it finally does- it breaks. The Ebon head does not have a hit box so you can attack it, nor does it move or attack any other players - it is just there.

I am sorry to sound like a narc, I know your company is majorly busy, but it just seems a little extreme - that a major bug like this hasn't been fixed in the past two years, and your only major update in those two years is a world that has been in the files for a long time.

Please fix the Hydra glitch

-Sincerely ; every single one of your players that has been complaining about this for the past two years.
some people don't get this glitch it could be checked out with something other then an update possibly your computer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
mario king on May 31, 2016 wrote:
some people don't get this glitch it could be checked out with something other then an update possibly your computer
Of my six pirates only one experienced this glitch, however 100s of reports of this glitch proves beyond doubt that its real and in the game, and not the fault of the player's computer.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
And some of us get it sometimes but not others. It's a known bug; it should be fixed.

Ensign
Dec 09, 2011
My entire (full) team got this glitch at the same time, I highly doubt that all four of our computers got the same issue at the same time?

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
No this is still a problem, my computer is up to date and everything sometimes when i am bored I go and re-do boss battles and I happened to do the Hydra and the Ebon head just left for good.

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
Anyone can encounter this bug, the issue is in the battle itself.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I know that hydra refuse to be unglitched.

It won the most award for the most annoying boss in pirates, for that infamous glitch.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
A really long time ago when I noticed this problem, it only glitched when I used traps. I posted something about it ,but I got no replies.

Ensign
Sep 27, 2011
I just ran this battle a few hours ago out of curiosity, and when Ebon popped up for round two I was unable to target him. I was using melee companions, no traps.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Lesath on Jun 10, 2016 wrote:
I just ran this battle a few hours ago out of curiosity, and when Ebon popped up for round two I was unable to target him. I was using melee companions, no traps.
Did you use big guns? When I fought hydra it glitched a lot on me but only when I used traps maybe its something else, like maybe if it takes too much damage then it hides longer but in a glitchy way? I do know that it hides based on the general area of its health. It might be something complicated like if you assassin strike it past its first hide point but when bleeding is calculated it reaches the second checkpoint?

Also, I just realized something, when you can't target him you still see him in the background just like the glitch that sometimes happened in team groups in moo tower maybe it has something to do with that.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
um only time I ever experienced this is when a friend begged me to port.. when it is glitching, ebon can be damaged by jobu kiss and other types of square hits that hit multiple enemies in an area.. otherwise I usually just solo it.. less than 20 minutes on my swash zero glitching that way, no clue why it never glitches when I solo, but its one I usually farm with my ports off.. hope this helps you..
stormy jen silver

Petty Officer
Sep 17, 2011
Please, please look into this, hydra battle is very very bugged, nearly impossible to complete anymore, battle is bugged nearly every time i enter it.

Ensign
May 07, 2009
I wasted five doubloons on this fight! Will they please fix this

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Chiming in on this... for what it's worth, two times in, two times glitched as of this AM. This is not counting the numerous tries before the update. After several fails prior to the update I decided to abandon the quest for a while in the hope that the new update would address the issue. Post update - same deal.
I'll keep trying KI but this is disappointing!