For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

"Late Charges" bug

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
Ok, I'm pretty sure this problem's been unattended, so I may as well bring this to your attention.

During the instance quest, "Late Charges", I tried speaking to Luigi Vandalo in the Villa Vandalo in Valencia's Florenza, but, when I was about to finish my conversation with him, the Vandalo Guards show up and interrupted the conversation before I could even finish, but I was nowhere near them.

Later on, I repeat the conversation to quickly update the instance's quest goal, which wasn't updated when I got interrupted by them, making it look like I have to fight the Vandalo Guards twice before completing this instance, but in truth, the conversation should only finish without interruption, then the Vandalo Guards can be only defeated once before completing the quest, no more.

Bat Masterson, I've been through this before, and that bug, among many, was not corrected upon Valencia II's launch, as my memory greatly recalls. Please take a look. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

Thanks!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2002
@Trimond297 - if you speak to Luigi before collecting your treasure chests after the battle, the second wave of guards can be avoided. But I agree that this is an extremely annoying bug.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
Willowydream on Feb 21, 2019 wrote:
@Trimond297 - if you speak to Luigi before collecting your treasure chests after the battle, the second wave of guards can be avoided. But I agree that this is an extremely annoying bug.

Won't the treasure chests time out while you're talking to Luigi? This isn't the only quest that does this; the Ricky Ticky Tabby battle is the same.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
Willowydream on Feb 21, 2019 wrote:
@Trimond297 - if you speak to Luigi before collecting your treasure chests after the battle, the second wave of guards can be avoided. But I agree that this is an extremely annoying bug.

I appreciate you giving me the workaround, but I really think KI should fix it so we won't have to deal with it.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2002
anecorbie on Feb 21, 2019 wrote:
Won't the treasure chests time out while you're talking to Luigi? This isn't the only quest that does this; the Ricky Ticky Tabby battle is the same.
If you don't read the dialogue, you can still pick up the chests, but even if you miss them, it's better than a second fight.


Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
anecorbie on Feb 21, 2019 wrote:
Won't the treasure chests time out while you're talking to Luigi? This isn't the only quest that does this; the Ricky Ticky Tabby battle is the same.
Ah, yes, from "Bob's Your Uncle". Of course.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2002
Trimond297 on Feb 22, 2019 wrote:
Ah, yes, from "Bob's Your Uncle". Of course.
Yes, the same workaround is effective in that battle as well - speak to the rat before picking up chests to avoid another go-round.with Ricky Ticky Tabby and his mates.


Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
Willowydream on Feb 23, 2019 wrote:
Yes, the same workaround is effective in that battle as well - speak to the rat before picking up chests to avoid another go-round.with Ricky Ticky Tabby and his mates.

Well, I sure hope KI can fix that quest's bug, too. Until then, we've got that workaround.