Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Repel Boarders blocks First Strike

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 20, 2009
I noticed this behavior with Ratbeard. He has Hold the Line, First Strike 2, and Repel Boarders.

An enemy would approach, Hold the Line would trigger, Repel Boarders would trigger, but First Strike would NOT trigger before the enemy got an attack.

Bug?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
It depends. Is the attack they're getting a vengeance strike from Repel Boarders? I think first strike goes against a targeted attack, not one of the freebies, but I could very easily be wrong. I often am.

Developer
Sirap on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
I noticed this behavior with Ratbeard. He has Hold the Line, First Strike 2, and Repel Boarders.

An enemy would approach, Hold the Line would trigger, Repel Boarders would trigger, but First Strike would NOT trigger before the enemy got an attack.

Bug?
Just based on my review of the talents, it sounds like a bug.

There are some attacks that (by design) can defeat than First Strike-- either because they are too fast (Riposte) or too sneaky (Flanking) for the First Striker to respond.