Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ricky Ticky Tabby

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
This boss is during the Bob's Your Uncle quest. You go in a shack and talk to a Rat. You are interrupted when a bunch of enemies walk in, including Ricky Ticky Tabby. You fight them. Afterwards, you talk to the rat again, at which point you are again interrupted and again have to fight Ricky Ticky Tabby.
There were Bilge reports a while back about the fights looping. I only had 2 fights back when my first pirate did the quest. I recently did it on a second pirate. Again there were 2 fights, not seeming to register that Ricky was defeated the first time. So I was wondering if there are SUPPOSED to be 2 fights?
I'm totally ok with it if there are, and the rat is meant to stall us for 2 fights to happen. It just seems like, in that case, the Boss, Ricky Ticky Taby, should not be in until the second fight. The way it works now, he seems to walk in and talk, fights, then walks in again and repeats himself. Maybe he could walk in once, say say what he usually says and add "Get them, boys," and stand aside until the first fight ends. Then he could call for more flunkies and fight us himself. So is this instance still bugged or working as intended, but with awkward dialogue repetition?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Mar 29, 2017 wrote:
This boss is during the Bob's Your Uncle quest. You go in a shack and talk to a Rat. You are interrupted when a bunch of enemies walk in, including Ricky Ticky Tabby. You fight them. Afterwards, you talk to the rat again, at which point you are again interrupted and again have to fight Ricky Ticky Tabby.
There were Bilge reports a while back about the fights looping. I only had 2 fights back when my first pirate did the quest. I recently did it on a second pirate. Again there were 2 fights, not seeming to register that Ricky was defeated the first time. So I was wondering if there are SUPPOSED to be 2 fights?
I'm totally ok with it if there are, and the rat is meant to stall us for 2 fights to happen. It just seems like, in that case, the Boss, Ricky Ticky Taby, should not be in until the second fight. The way it works now, he seems to walk in and talk, fights, then walks in again and repeats himself. Maybe he could walk in once, say say what he usually says and add "Get them, boys," and stand aside until the first fight ends. Then he could call for more flunkies and fight us himself. So is this instance still bugged or working as intended, but with awkward dialogue repetition?
I think it's still bugged, but I like your solution much better.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Calamity Finch on Mar 29, 2017 wrote:
I believe this a bug.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
had the same thing happen to me though i really liked double drops, wish i couldve healed in between but eh xD been fun to have him pop up the second time with "o? now ya thought i was defeated didja? well ya thought wrong!" and promptly pull us back in..

I'm mean I'd even have it be like near end of second match he says "ah but remember matey, a cat has nine lives" and boom go again until its nine matches xD good thing Ratbeard is in the one in charge lol >:B

stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Mar 30, 2017 wrote:
had the same thing happen to me though i really liked double drops, wish i couldve healed in between but eh xD been fun to have him pop up the second time with "o? now ya thought i was defeated didja? well ya thought wrong!" and promptly pull us back in..

I'm mean I'd even have it be like near end of second match he says "ah but remember matey, a cat has nine lives" and boom go again until its nine matches xD good thing Ratbeard is in the one in charge lol >:B

stormy jen silver
I really like that "9 lives" comment, Blind Mew should use it for a cheating Cat Boss!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Mar 30, 2017 wrote:

stormy jen silver
I've just remembered something! There is a spell promo quest for Myth wizards which features a Marleybone Cat with extra lives ( I think more than 3? ).

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 30, 2017 wrote:
I've just remembered something! There is a spell promo quest for Myth wizards which features a Marleybone Cat with extra lives ( I think more than 3? ).
Freddy Nine Lives for death and life wizards. 9 defeats are required to finish him.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Mar 31, 2017 wrote:
Freddy Nine Lives for death and life wizards. 9 defeats are required to finish him.
Thank you, it was soooo long ago when my Death wiz did that!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Freddy Nine Lives was a cool challenge. That kind of thing was part of why I wondered if the Tabby ambush was intentional, at least as a 2 fight ambush. The dialog is still buggy sounding either way. Has anyone noticed if the labeling on the boss is exactly the same in both fights? He appeared the same, but I was wondering if his abilities were any different in the 2 fights, like was he a mob the first time and had extra powers the second. Since this bug seems to be of long standing, I was hoping someone for KI would tell us if this was how they intended the fight to run, a bug they are working on, or just one they decided to live with .

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 30, 2017 wrote:
I really like that "9 lives" comment, Blind Mew should use it for a cheating Cat Boss!
one-shot or re-playable? pve or home instance? i'd love where we could scale diffilculty.. definately would be a great one.. drops i want his hat including ears xD

stormy jen silver