Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sinbad weapon bugs?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 29, 2012
So after getting my hands on a few of these weapons I've noticed the hook and claw version which is a slashy/stabby weapon only boosts strength no matter what character you use it on, on top of that the krakens breath set which is the shoots/slashy version is very limited in what it allows you to stich it with. Are these bugs or are they meant to be this way?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AntonioXavier1773 on Jun 27, 2021 wrote:
So after getting my hands on a few of these weapons I've noticed the hook and claw version which is a slashy/stabby weapon only boosts strength no matter what character you use it on, on top of that the krakens breath set which is the shoots/slashy version is very limited in what it allows you to stich it with. Are these bugs or are they meant to be this way?
I believe that this is intended. You'll notice that the hook and claw uses slashy as the first part of the combo, slashy boosts from strength, so this is appropriate.
For stitching, the weapon has to be a match in order to stitch (shooty/slashy to a shooty/slasy). This type of combo is limited as it is both a ranged weapon and a melee weapon; so ranged talents (like overwatch) won't activate.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 28, 2021 wrote:
I believe that this is intended. You'll notice that the hook and claw uses slashy as the first part of the combo, slashy boosts from strength, so this is appropriate.
For stitching, the weapon has to be a match in order to stitch (shooty/slashy to a shooty/slasy). This type of combo is limited as it is both a ranged weapon and a melee weapon; so ranged talents (like overwatch) won't activate.
But there is already plenty of slashy/stabby weapons in the game that will also boost agility depending on the class you use, why not these ones? it would make them much more desirable in my opinion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AntonioXavier1773 on Jun 30, 2021 wrote:
But there is already plenty of slashy/stabby weapons in the game that will also boost agility depending on the class you use, why not these ones? it would make them much more desirable in my opinion.
True, I would love to have the Hook and Claw boost from Agility; but I can only say that the strength bonus seems to be a trend of these weapons (I have 3 and they all boost from strength).

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 30, 2021 wrote:
True, I would love to have the Hook and Claw boost from Agility; but I can only say that the strength bonus seems to be a trend of these weapons (I have 3 and they all boost from strength).
I wonder if they all boost from Strength because they were copied/pasted from the same weapon and changing the boost stat was overlooked. Copy/paste errors happened with almost all of the most recent companions added to the game in the past few years, so why not with weapons -- lord knows it is the bane of anyone who works on computers at all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jul 2, 2021 wrote:
I wonder if they all boost from Strength because they were copied/pasted from the same weapon and changing the boost stat was overlooked. Copy/paste errors happened with almost all of the most recent companions added to the game in the past few years, so why not with weapons -- lord knows it is the bane of anyone who works on computers at all.

I don't believe it's copy/paste errors so much as copy/paste laziness. If it was an error they would have corrected it when they changed the level requirement for the weapon.
"Let's just shove this new content through and shut them up for a bit."