Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

That Was Yesterday - Collect Inoshishi Key

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Quest Name: That Was Yesterday.
Goal: Defeat Inoshishi Bandit and Collect Key in Sujimura Village.

Hiya, all! It's Aurora again.

I need help. I was questing on Brave Kiley, and I'm stuck. It keeps telling me to defeat the Inoshishi Bandits and collect the key, but I can't. I've tried over five times once, and I just came back to try it again today, and it again isn't working. I've tried fighting the Bandits, the Necromancers, and the other type of Inoshishi whose title escapes me at the moment.

Is this a glitch? Or is it just a hard part of the game? It totally feels like a glitch. Help would be much appreciated. I've experienced a few things similar to this on my main Pirate when I was questing on her in Aquila, but nothing quite like this.

Thanks!

(P.S. I'm also willing to meet up with anyone in-game for help, if an extra Pirate is the solution to the problem. Thanks again to anyone who's reading this! )

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Helpful Aurora Par... on Nov 25, 2018 wrote:

I need help. I was questing on Brave Kiley, and I'm stuck. It keeps telling me to defeat the Inoshishi Bandits and collect the key, but I can't. I've tried over five times once, and I just came back to try it again today, and it again isn't working. I've tried fighting the Bandits, the Necromancers, and the other type of Inoshishi whose title escapes me at the moment.

Is this a glitch? Or is it just a hard part of the game? It totally feels like a glitch. Help would be much appreciated. I've experienced a few things similar to this on my main Pirate when I was questing on her in Aquila, but nothing quite like this.

Thanks!

(P.S. I'm also willing to meet up with anyone in-game for help, if an extra Pirate is the solution to the problem. Thanks again to anyone who's reading this! )
I have no idea what the solution to this issue is but I do know you know 2 mighty fine pirates (if I do say so myself) who are willing to help you out, specifically Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg and Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Nov 25, 2018 wrote:

Thanks!

The drop rate for this quest has always been low ( although I've had a couple of characters get the key
for the fist time! ).
Here's what you can try:
1. Don't fight the pigs in the first part of the street. Go to the back, near the cave or the tower.
2. Get some friends together for these fights, the more enemy you have the more likely the key will drop.

3. If you can't get friends, then go to a busy server, maybe you'll meet another pirate on the same quest.
OR
just tell us when and where you'll be on-line ( be sure to include time zone. ) I would love to help.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
This quest is infamous for its drop rate. You’re just getting unlucky. Good luck on finding that key!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Ah, that key. The drop rate for it is ridiculously low for some reason even though it was supposedly adjusted a couple of years ago. You'll just have to keep fighting bandits until you get it - it could take a long time. I've been fairly lucky (5-15 battles) with the four of my pirates who have gone through that, but I know some people have had to do upwards of 30 battles in order for it to drop.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I must say that I don't really recall this quest being all that difficult for most of my pirates, but every now and then, someone posts a streak of bad luck like yours. I hope that you did finally get the key and move past it.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Thank you all! For some reason, my post thanking each and every one of you got deleted. (KingsIsle? Help, please?) But thank you all for your incredible help. I'll keep trying!