For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

The Cabin Glitch must go!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
828
I'll provide a little bit of a backstory here. A couple months ago, I was doing the Haywire Dreadnaught when, to my confusion, couldn't enter the dungeon. Imagine my annoyance when I found out that the issue was caused by the infamous Cabin Glitch, which when done in this dungeon in particular, locked it to all outside players. In a post I made on these message boards, Bat Masterson said that this was indeed illegal and an offense that could get exploiters banned.

However, I have seen no action against the glitch since that reply.

I realize, Bat, that the glitch will be a very hard one to take down. What I'm asking for here is other kinds of action. Perhaps an official statement condemning the glitch and notifying players of it being a bannable offense? Or, as Anecorbie has suggested before, locking all unnesessary parts of the crown shop in a dungeon? (While leaving the Elixir and Henchman pages open, of course.) Can something like this be done in the near future, so that people can earn rewards fairly and leave the Dreadnaught available for everyone else?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
Lookit Light on Oct 23, 2019 wrote:
I'll provide a little bit of a backstory here. A couple months ago, I was doing the Haywire Dreadnaught when, to my confusion, couldn't enter the dungeon. Imagine my annoyance when I found out that the issue was caused by the infamous Cabin Glitch, which when done in this dungeon in particular, locked it to all outside players. In a post I made on these message boards, Bat Masterson said that this was indeed illegal and an offense that could get exploiters banned.

However, I have seen no action against the glitch since that reply.

I realize, Bat, that the glitch will be a very hard one to take down. What I'm asking for here is other kinds of action. Perhaps an official statement condemning the glitch and notifying players of it being a bannable offense? Or, as Anecorbie has suggested before, locking all unnesessary parts of the crown shop in a dungeon? (While leaving the Elixir and Henchman pages open, of course.) Can something like this be done in the near future, so that people can earn rewards fairly and leave the Dreadnaught available for everyone else?
I can't "yar" this post enough. And to those of you using this exploit: take warning, KI has banned accounts for lesser exploits than this one. Also, your excuses aren't going to help you if KI decides to take action.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
470
Lookit Light on Oct 23, 2019 wrote:
I'll provide a little bit of a backstory here. A couple months ago, I was doing the Haywire Dreadnaught when, to my confusion, couldn't enter the dungeon. Imagine my annoyance when I found out that the issue was caused by the infamous Cabin Glitch, which when done in this dungeon in particular, locked it to all outside players. In a post I made on these message boards, Bat Masterson said that this was indeed illegal and an offense that could get exploiters banned.

However, I have seen no action against the glitch since that reply.

I realize, Bat, that the glitch will be a very hard one to take down. What I'm asking for here is other kinds of action. Perhaps an official statement condemning the glitch and notifying players of it being a bannable offense? Or, as Anecorbie has suggested before, locking all unnesessary parts of the crown shop in a dungeon? (While leaving the Elixir and Henchman pages open, of course.) Can something like this be done in the near future, so that people can earn rewards fairly and leave the Dreadnaught available for everyone else?
Bat Masterson did make it clear that doing the cabin glitch is a bannable offense HERE

...but yes, putting in even a work around fix to stop the cabin glitch would have been helpful with all the recent bug/glitch fixes that was implemented.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 10, 2011
296
anecorbie on Oct 23, 2019 wrote:
I can't "yar" this post enough. And to those of you using this exploit: take warning, KI has banned accounts for lesser exploits than this one. Also, your excuses aren't going to help you if KI decides to take action.
Well, the problem is it's very hard to take action against this. Considering the fact it literally isolates you from everyone else except anyone who is with you or is friends with you. So, in all honesty, you can really only get in trouble from this if you get betrayed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
chiliman05 on Oct 24, 2019 wrote:
Well, the problem is it's very hard to take action against this. Considering the fact it literally isolates you from everyone else except anyone who is with you or is friends with you. So, in all honesty, you can really only get in trouble from this if you get betrayed.
You don't think KI can't look at their records to find out who's doing this regularly?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
chiliman05 on Oct 24, 2019 wrote:
Well, the problem is it's very hard to take action against this. Considering the fact it literally isolates you from everyone else except anyone who is with you or is friends with you. So, in all honesty, you can really only get in trouble from this if you get betrayed.
If KI can find out who was doing the tomato basket glitch and ban them in W101, then they can certainly find out who is abusing the cabin glitch here. And if I had a membership, I would be reporting anyone who even suggests we use it!
Enough already!

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
133
Sounds like a good plan how about this since the game is so easy anyways.

XP loss for deaths of pirates and companions , able to get to 100% into max level so gear does not become unusable just from 1 single death. remove the team up feature people need to be more social in this game.

remove the regain health feature in the between battles for companions helpful for multi fight maps that have no healing to increase the difficulty a little.

Add a signal for final Moo Manchu and the N5 fight in Moo tower > might as well let the dread stay up all the time that also would stop the need to do any "cabin glitching"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
*Creepy singing*
KI knows when you're sleeping,
They know when you're awake ( & logged-in ),
They know if you've used the cabin glitch,
Or not
So beware for your account's sake!
Krampus is Comin' to Town!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
234
Lookit Light on Oct 23, 2019 wrote:
I'll provide a little bit of a backstory here. A couple months ago, I was doing the Haywire Dreadnaught when, to my confusion, couldn't enter the dungeon. Imagine my annoyance when I found out that the issue was caused by the infamous Cabin Glitch, which when done in this dungeon in particular, locked it to all outside players. In a post I made on these message boards, Bat Masterson said that this was indeed illegal and an offense that could get exploiters banned.

However, I have seen no action against the glitch since that reply.

I realize, Bat, that the glitch will be a very hard one to take down. What I'm asking for here is other kinds of action. Perhaps an official statement condemning the glitch and notifying players of it being a bannable offense? Or, as Anecorbie has suggested before, locking all unnesessary parts of the crown shop in a dungeon? (While leaving the Elixir and Henchman pages open, of course.) Can something like this be done in the near future, so that people can earn rewards fairly and leave the Dreadnaught available for everyone else?
I'd 'yar' this post at least a million times for a million years until the Cabin Glitch goes!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
234
anecorbie on Oct 27, 2019 wrote:
*Creepy singing*
KI knows when you're sleeping,
They know when you're awake ( & logged-in ),
They know if you've used the cabin glitch,
Or not
So beware for your account's sake!
Krampus is Comin' to Town!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
828
glitterway123 on Oct 27, 2019 wrote:
I'd 'yar' this post at least a million times for a million years until the Cabin Glitch goes!
Glad to see this is getting attention. It's not just me that's unable to get into the Dreadnaught when they do this... it's everyone else as well!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
234
Lookit Light on Oct 28, 2019 wrote:
Glad to see this is getting attention. It's not just me that's unable to get into the Dreadnaught when they do this... it's everyone else as well!
Lol,

I can't actually do the Dreadnaught yet but I understand how bad it is for the players to spam the Cabin Glitch...and preventing other people from getting in and having fun.

Still, it's sad you can only 'yar' a post once...

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
828
glitterway123 on Oct 29, 2019 wrote:
Lol,

I can't actually do the Dreadnaught yet but I understand how bad it is for the players to spam the Cabin Glitch...and preventing other people from getting in and having fun.

Still, it's sad you can only 'yar' a post once...
I'm sad I can't see 'yars'...

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
234
Lookit Light on Oct 30, 2019 wrote:
I'm sad I can't see 'yars'...
You got four yars...

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
828
glitterway123 on Oct 30, 2019 wrote:
You got four yars...
And I don't have the proper rank to see them. But we're getting off topic. Does Bat or Ratbeard have anything to say here?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
Lookit Light on Oct 31, 2019 wrote:
And I don't have the proper rank to see them. But we're getting off topic. Does Bat or Ratbeard have anything to say here?
You should be able to see them regardless of rank, perhaps your computer is old. I have played on older computers and haven't been able to see or give "yars".

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
828
Is anyone still experiencing issues with the Dreadnaught?

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
644
anecorbie on Oct 25, 2019 wrote:
You don't think KI can't look at their records to find out who's doing this regularly?
How exactly would they be able to monitor that?

The only way the glitch would stop is if KI fixes it. I believer that the no sigil bug has been around since the dreadnaught was put in place but I guess it comes from the cabin glitch.

Banning EVERYBODY who uses this is downright ridiculous. Thousands of pirates will be locked out of their accounts for good. You can put a warning out but that won't stop players from using it. They could do what they did with the Hydra glitch (major xp exploitation) and just knock off, for example, the amount of Moo Manchu or Kane runs done with it.

But it is pretty funny they're not doing anything about it rn. After it got taken seriously and there's no update as to how the glitch is made or the progress is of stopping it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Dec 27, 2019 wrote:
How exactly would they be able to monitor that?

The only way the glitch would stop is if KI fixes it. I believer that the no sigil bug has been around since the dreadnaught was put in place but I guess it comes from the cabin glitch.

Banning EVERYBODY who uses this is downright ridiculous. Thousands of pirates will be locked out of their accounts for good. You can put a warning out but that won't stop players from using it. They could do what they did with the Hydra glitch (major xp exploitation) and just knock off, for example, the amount of Moo Manchu or Kane runs done with it.

But it is pretty funny they're not doing anything about it rn. After it got taken seriously and there's no update as to how the glitch is made or the progress is of stopping it.
It seems that my original response to your post didn't pass moderation; perhaps there was too much information.

KingsIsle does have ways to monitor player behavior. Just as they were able to know who abused the tomato basket glitch in W101, they'll be able to tell who is abusing the cabin glitch.
The "no sigil" isn't a bug, it's part of the conditions of that dungeon. Only one team can go in at a time.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
828
I am surprised. Even after all this, I have not seen ANYTHING regarding the Cabin Glitch. Compared to everything else we want, this is a simple and easy request that should have taken no time at all if they decided to but their mind to it.

My trust in Kingsisle's treatment of this game is slowly waning. The LEAST they could do is address this, the mother of all Pirate101 glitches. If they fixed Wizard's Tomato Basket glitch, why not this one???

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
I still think that IF KI does decide to ban accounts for this exploit, that it should be a temporary ban. Yes, yes, I know "cheating is wrong" but the state of memberships to this game is such, that if banning occurs, that will further reduce the player base. We all want P101 to continue, yes?
Anyway, I think permanent bans should only be used in cases of 3rd party software use or really bad language/behavior.
That's just my opinion, I'm sure KI has other ideas on what constitutes a permanent ban. ( My account, at least, is safe. )