Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A lot of my in game friends are upset

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
BalanceAngel128 on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
My friend is really upset and so am i be cause everytime she logs in her computerstarts getting glitches and hacktools and some other stuff so she says she wont play it any more and i really want her to keep playing pirate101 but she cant! If KI could plz do something about this Thanks
Lesson one: Please do not hijack a thread that does not pertain to your problem.

Lesson two: Your friend needs to contact KI support to find out if they can help. There is nothing KI can do when this type of problem is posted on the boards

thanks!

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
eveque67 on Nov 30, 2012 wrote:
Would you pls remind me where the Duke of Death fight is at? Its was some time ago and I didnt write down the details. Thank you
If you had not discovered him by now, or found out, here he is.

He is in Arroyo Grande (the elevator over the blue skylane) off Junction. Remember, the dungeon becomes active only after you accepted and progressed through the side quest that Rooster Cogburn gives you in Cooper's Roost. He is located in the Sheriff's office in Cooper's Roost.

Go down Arroyo Grande (over the blue skylane, the more difficult part of the Arroyo Grande) and hug the right wall. Walk down to near the very end and you'll find his dungeon there.

To anybody that reads this actually, and who is around level 20 (he drops level 20+ equipment). He drops as much stuff as Fin Dorsal, of all different kinds, with all kinds of extra spell cards attached to equipment, for all kinds of classes. He drops a very decent amount of gold. This fight (unless that was changed 12-12-12) also drops 3 different kinds of pets.

He is a kill the boss only fight, so that fight can be very quick and simple.

Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
Shining,

You say its a defeat the boss only fight? I was remembering a different flow. It seems you entered the instance at the tombstone place. He is surrounded by a forcefield. You touch the urns to put holy water on your weapons. Then his shield is down, you defeat all the enemies. Then when defeated, he runs to a ship which you have to take a dingy to. On the ship you have to fight him again. Cant remember if on that fight you have to only defeat him alone.

Is that the same fight or is there another spot you fight him and a crew as the only fight where as you just have to defeat him?

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Shiningfantasia on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
If you had not discovered him by now, or found out, here he is.

He is in Arroyo Grande (the elevator over the blue skylane) off Junction. Remember, the dungeon becomes active only after you accepted and progressed through the side quest that Rooster Cogburn gives you in Cooper's Roost. He is located in the Sheriff's office in Cooper's Roost.

Go down Arroyo Grande (over the blue skylane, the more difficult part of the Arroyo Grande) and hug the right wall. Walk down to near the very end and you'll find his dungeon there.

To anybody that reads this actually, and who is around level 20 (he drops level 20+ equipment). He drops as much stuff as Fin Dorsal, of all different kinds, with all kinds of extra spell cards attached to equipment, for all kinds of classes. He drops a very decent amount of gold. This fight (unless that was changed 12-12-12) also drops 3 different kinds of pets.

He is a kill the boss only fight, so that fight can be very quick and simple.
Oops, I think you are talking about the Duck With No Name, not the Duck of Death.

The Duck of Death is fought at a higher level and is at Boot Hill. Hey, I get those two confused sometimes.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
As I posted in another thread, Duck with No Name has actually been renamed to Bird with No Name.

He's still a Duck when you fight him though :)

Ensign
Dec 21, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Nov 13, 2012 wrote:
I feel the need to chime in again.

I can certainly understand decreasing the amount of gold from the 'farming' areas in Haunted Skyway, as they did drop a LOT of gold. But, gold is quickly spent, buying clothing gear, ship gear, ships, housing items, houses, training tomes, and whatever else may come up now, or in the future for the game.

Training tomes for companions are 5,100 at level 50. It takes 4 tomes to level one companion up (if you can no longer use one tome per level). That's 20,400 gold for ONE companion to get to level 50. Considering there are about 22+ companions per pirate class (some have more than 22 that they get in the game), that's a LOT of gold to obtain.

Mooshu might be a better place to get gold, however, there are many areas and battles that drop nothing or very little. I was in a battle with Black Hand Monks, and I received 3 chests. 2 chests were empty and one had 49 gold. Battles with Tengu Sorcerers end up with NO chests dropped at all.

You never know what you're going to get. It can be 1-1000+ gold in a chest, or nothing. The higher gold received is few and far between. I'm trying to keep my companions leveled up, while trying to keep my clothing gear and ship gear as good as I can get it, because of the battles. I've farmed for hundreds of hours, selling what I can (for the little amount of gold I receive), just to keep up with the cost of items and difficult enemies.

It would be really nice if there were a few places to farm for gold, like what we had in Haunted Skyway, which is not at the end of the game, because it would give people a chance at mid-level to farm for items they desperately need as they progress.

If the gold rewards are not upped, then the cost of items need to be readjusted accordingly.

Thanks!
I totally agree, as a mid- lvl player. This is the main issue to why I may not continue my sub with pirates 101. I dont have tons of hours to farm, when I have questing and lvling up my nautical as well. Especially when some quest ask for ten of collect item, and I only get the one enemy per battle, with their dogde rate higher then what is offer for my lvl. I tend to be just two lvls higher at the most, my companions are usually at the most too lvls behind, I have the best stats I can get for my lvl, (crown gear, looting items), and those battles take an hour for a mob fight. It is a grind, grind, grind, which for me equals to annoying. Farming takes time also, and I am a firm believer in killing fast and repeat when farming, at my lvl when I am just getting to the bosses worth farming, it takes too long to want to be bother with it, especially when it is the cost of companion points, is more then what u can get in one battle, bascially.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The best farming place I have found is Friar Sand in Mooshu. He is in Temple of the East Wind, North Landing, off of the Corrupted Shrine, Verdant Dock in Subata. He drops an average of 5 to 7 grand in gold if you have more than one player and his lvl 45 drops are really good for many schools. I saved a bunch of stuff for my littler pirates to grow into. I was able to get my companions all trained to lvl 50 in just a few days of farming and had a good time with friends to boot. If fact I met some wonderful new friends in the process. Friar Sand is also good because all you have to do is take him out and that speeds up the farming considerably.

Captain
May 13, 2011
about the training tomes, they ARE expensive. that pelican should have his own mansion just by selling me training tomes. i got an entire army of companions to tend to. 3 pages and growing even more, almost at 4. about getting no or little profit... avery?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It seems like some of the people who are having the most issues with needing gold spend a lot on training tomes and like to keep their crews very close to their level. As a captain, I think we are meant to be better and tougher than our crew. In the early levels, I try to get my crew to go up one level per training point. Later on, I usually let my crew stay about 3 or 4 levels below me. When I level up, I level the crew too, usually getting a couple levels up per training point. Sometimes I do buy training points. I try to make sure I have 10 of them before I turn in a quest to level myself up. That way I have a full amount before the price goes up. This strategy has not caused me to lose fights. It really helps with conserving gold. My crew has reached levels 44-47 without much trouble.

Community Leader
Sneaky George Quar... on May 19, 2013 wrote:
about the training tomes, they ARE expensive. that pelican should have his own mansion just by selling me training tomes. i got an entire army of companions to tend to. 3 pages and growing even more, almost at 4. about getting no or little profit... avery?
He'd be rich if his profit margins on the tomes weren't so slim. And think of the massive inventory he has to upkeep! Now, he has to have 65 different volumes each for 5 different classes. I don't know where he stores them all, but it can't be cheap. Also, with the new expansion, the warehouses full of level 50 tomes are suddenly not such a hot commodity. Before, they would sell by the truckload, but now? He'll need to re-purpose that storage facility (and probably reinforce the shelving) to support the much more substantial lvl 65 training tomes. Do not envy the training tomes salesman, but rather, pity him! It's back breaking work hauling all those musty old books from storage over to the tavern, day in, day out!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!