Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A VERY RUDE reference: Tyson the chicken?????

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I dont know much about this issue, but several players have told me that Tyson the chicken is based of a character that does... what do I say... extremely innapropriate activity to other humans. They (other fellow pirates) seemed offended and did not like it at all.

I did some research and found a boxer named Tyson, but he did not seem to do much wrong in his life. I was just wondering what the issue with this 'Tyson the Chicken Boxer' is. And anyways even if Tyson did not do anything bad, some people are offended so I reccommend you change his name to ... CLUCK Norris .

Cluck Norris sounds like a good name for a chicken boxer lol.

SDH Level 65

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It is also a reference to Tyson Chicken, a rather large food and poultry company. They were just making word play on the chicken company and the boxer, Mike Tyson. I like your idea of Cluck Norris, but I'd put him in Mooshu as a side quest, or in a future world not yet added. There is a lot of potential for that name. I see a quest thread starting, "Cluck Norris Can ..." I hope Blind Mew notices that name.

Community Leader
You do realize Tyson is a type of chicken brand? Also a Boxer's name. I don't see any harm with the name. It's kind of funny. I'm sure it'snot meant to harm anything but only to make a pun. I never feed to much into game games, they're meant to be off the wall and funny.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Community Leader
Mike Tyson, a professional boxer, had a very unusual career.
Ending around when he actually bit one of his competitors ears off in the ring during a fight.

He later when to jail for actions also deemed inappropriate by his peers and the law (lets not get into that).
He is more of a publicly known figure as a fighter, known because he was a good fighter, and because of some of his peculiar behaviors towards the end of his boxing career.

Then of course, there is Tyson chicken, a big name brand in the chicken industry. Tyson patties, nuggets, strips, etc.

I think its quite a humorous combination, and on top of that, they are making this boxer of unusual background a "chicken"... almost serves as a diss towards the boxer ;)

All in all, I think its in good fun.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Cluck Norris made me fall out of my chair.

Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
You do know that Chuck Norris is a very prejudice person against some groups of people. I think there's a reason why they left his name out of the game. I would probably quit playing if I saw a reference to him anywhere in this game.

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
Funny that you should pick this one character to focus on...you do realize this is a game based on pirates. Historically, pirates were thieves and murderers, some of them very infamous for their cruelty and violence. My advice is to not take any reference too seriously...it's just a game, after all.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Well from where I live I never heard of a tyson chicken brand. Well ty for teaching me something!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
galliard1 on Sep 24, 2013 wrote:
Funny that you should pick this one character to focus on...you do realize this is a game based on pirates. Historically, pirates were thieves and murderers, some of them very infamous for their cruelty and violence. My advice is to not take any reference too seriously...it's just a game, after all.
Well said Galliard1. And congrats on making Petty Officer.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
I had a similar Cluck Norris idea, but I called him Cluck Borris to make him less identical to Chuck Norris. I would agree that he would be in MooShu, as Chuck Norris is a martial artist. He'd probably look like the MooShu Chicken Pugilists in Sato's Tower.