Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ability to heal/buff other ships

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 12, 2012
I was wondering why you can target allied ships (not to shoot at, of course) so I thought that maybe I could put it to use. So my idea is that if you target an allied ship your attack powers will gray out. You can use the wheel power (healing) or sometimes buff it with sails power. Sail powers like sailors hex (I think that's what it's called) will be grayed out so you cannot debuff an ally. Oh yeah, and you can't target an enemy and an ally at the same time. New players with get a tip from Boochbeard if they are near a ship that needs healing and he will show you how to heal other ships.

Community Leader
I have always thought it would be fun if the ship battles could be tuned towards the "holy rpg trinity" of tank, damage and heals so that you could specialize your ship a little more. This way, you could focus on absorbing damage, dealing damage or healing/support based on what ship items you equipped. It would obviously help if you could target and heal other ships for that last one.

However, as cool as I think this would be, it would require a significant restructuring of how ship combat works and changing just about every piece of ship equipment in the game, so it's unlikely that they'll make this specific change. I'd still like the abilities to directly help an ally, though, more than just getting to an enemy first. I'd also find it helpful if there was a way to get an enemy ship's attention on yourself and off an ally.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
There is a Wheel available in the game, cant remember its specific title, but it has the ability called "Fleet Repair" gives 10% health over 10 seconds presumably to surrounding ships.

Its buggy, tried it once and things went haywire, going to try it again and submit reports to KI.

I foresee a fleet of ships working together, and if they all had this ability, and if it works as it appears to be advertised, im not seeing how any bad guys could bring down the fleet!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
Actually, they did implement this, in a way. You can't put a heal or buff on a certain person, but some of the ship boss drops in Aquila give the ability to group heal or group buff. You don't target your ally however, it just sends out a sort of pulse the heals/buffs the people around you. It really makes sailing with buddies a lot more fun!

Bosun
May 10, 2010
actually, I just heard about a heal or wheel that allows to heal all ships around you by 10%! I have not seen it, but I heard from a friend whom is a very reliable source. It is a heal of 10% to all surrounding ships. Does not seem like much, but if everyone has it and everyone is using it, it can be quite a bit if you have many ships doing battle at one time!

DarthJT

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Darth JT on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
actually, I just heard about a heal or wheel that allows to heal all ships around you by 10%! I have not seen it, but I heard from a friend whom is a very reliable source. It is a heal of 10% to all surrounding ships. Does not seem like much, but if everyone has it and everyone is using it, it can be quite a bit if you have many ships doing battle at one time!

DarthJT
pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?36635-Group-Assistance-Ship-Drops&p=145961#post145961