Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bloodsucker 1 and 2 really needs to be added to the secret trainers

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Right now the melee classes are a bit weaker than the shooty and magic classes, and part of that is due to scratch but I don't really think either shooty or staffy classes should be nerfed, nor scratch changed.

The easiest way to balance out the classes would simply be to add Bloodsucker 1 and 2 to the secret trainer. This would be a major boon to the melee classes who would instantly become not only stronger but far more versatile far quicker. The buccaneers could use their hit until miss cards without fear that its going to kill them and without the problem of having to worry about health going into the next battle, which is a major concern whenever playing solo. While the squishier swashbucklers could pretty much do large single hit heals every time they do assassin strike breaking their invisibility. Since privateers and witches heal pretty well as it is, adding Bloodsucker 1 and 2 would really balance things out. Musketeers would still lack self healing, but musketeers have valor's armor and that itself balances out and resolves that issue.

It is totally unfair that pets are able to get Bloodsucker 1 and 2 upon them, but the melee player classes can't. As to is it unfair that pets can get higher ranks in dodge and health than player characters can. Level 5 talents need to be allowed for players in at least the talents that pets themselves can already access (though perhaps never achieve). You can't tell me that a hundreds more points in health is going to negatively impact the game when what we are up against can hit for several times that, and the same goes for dodge as when running incredibly high dodge my characters are still hit as though theirs was incredibly low.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Apr 6, 2021 wrote:
Right now the melee classes are a bit weaker than the shooty and magic classes, and part of that is due to scratch but I don't really think either shooty or staffy classes should be nerfed, nor scratch changed.

The easiest way to balance out the classes would simply be to add Bloodsucker 1 and 2 to the secret trainer. This would be a major boon to the melee classes who would instantly become not only stronger but far more versatile far quicker. The buccaneers could use their hit until miss cards without fear that its going to kill them and without the problem of having to worry about health going into the next battle, which is a major concern whenever playing solo. While the squishier swashbucklers could pretty much do large single hit heals every time they do assassin strike breaking their invisibility. Since privateers and witches heal pretty well as it is, adding Bloodsucker 1 and 2 would really balance things out. Musketeers would still lack self healing, but musketeers have valor's armor and that itself balances out and resolves that issue.

It is totally unfair that pets are able to get Bloodsucker 1 and 2 upon them, but the melee player classes can't. As to is it unfair that pets can get higher ranks in dodge and health than player characters can. Level 5 talents need to be allowed for players in at least the talents that pets themselves can already access (though perhaps never achieve). You can't tell me that a hundreds more points in health is going to negatively impact the game when what we are up against can hit for several times that, and the same goes for dodge as when running incredibly high dodge my characters are still hit as though theirs was incredibly low.
We also don't get that Rainbow boost, feeding frenzy or any of our pets wonderful powers - and imo, it should stay that way. Keep pet powers for pets (or do you want to face a Scratch boosted WD with Boodsucker?)

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
I should also note that when you are playing pvp and have to charge through both characters and their companions having overwatch and readied (both at two or three), as a melee character you really need a heal attack to stand a chance at making it to another turn.

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020
considering old scratch is banned in any sanctioned pvp tournament event, i'm not sure using scratch as reasoning is very fair.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Apr 6, 2021 wrote:
We also don't get that Rainbow boost, feeding frenzy or any of our pets wonderful powers - and imo, it should stay that way. Keep pet powers for pets (or do you want to face a Scratch boosted WD with Boodsucker?)
Bloodsucker isn't magic based, it doesn't plus up as its a flat percentage, though perhaps with all the chains one can get the percentages aught to be dropped a bit i.e. 10% of all damage dealt at Rank 1, 15% Rank 2, 20% Rank 3, and so on. I do believe the melee characters need bloodsucker to balance them out with the other classes who not only mass kill at a distance but mass heal themselves as they do it.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
caleb10104 on Apr 7, 2021 wrote:
considering old scratch is banned in any sanctioned pvp tournament event, i'm not sure using scratch as reasoning is very fair.
Scratch buffs magic so very much, but the problem is that all his buffs cast by multiple scratches stack up, when they shouldn't. I don't mind his three different buffs stacking, but it would really change things around if you could only have one active 100% mojo buff, one 75% mojo buff, and one 50% mojo buff stacked, rather than say 3 or 4 100% and another 3 or 4 75%.

When mojo buffs drop off, playing the magic classes really start to hurt.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
In game play, I believe it to be a mistake to change how scratch now works. In team PvP multiple players stacking his buffs is a bit too much, so PvP needs to be treated differently than normal gameplay.