Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Suggestions Part 2

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 09, 2020
This is part 2 of Companion Suggestions. Part 1 was a joke, but these are serious suggestions.
Format: #) Companion Name. Reason for change. Suggestion. Tactical reason for change. Rebuttals.

Buffs
1) Hawkules. Just because he's on the prideful side and comes in late game, doesn't take away the fact that he's a major storyline companion and a demigod. I suggest giving him Tide 2 and a Buccaneer's Smash. Why? All meaningful buccaneers get Tide 2 and he has a reduced epic count. His critical is also only an Epic. Too powerful: Not really. Between 4 movement, lack of charge and reduced epics, he is far less aggressive than other companions.

2) Monkey King. Another relevant storyline companion and a likeable trickster. I suggest giving him an Epic Strike. Why? Because he doesn't have any powers at all. Too weak: If every companion in the game was viable, it would be an absolute nightmare.

Nerfs
1) Old Scratch. I have to put him in here or the community will have my head and he's a bit powerful. I suggest reducing the duration of his spellpower buffs(10, 5, 3 to 5, 3, 2) and only allowing them to affect adjacent pirates and companions. Why? If we take out spellpower buffs entirely, scratch goes back in the trash can where he started, plus Doom Mojo! is already banned from pvp and Purge Magic is accessible for everyone. Not enough: So we just completely ruin the only major storyline and free universal witchdoctor companion in the game? It's gonna take a compromise between power and fairness.

2) Exeter. He deserves to be here, just think about the other Kraken Skulls counterparts. I suggest removing his Musketeer's Mettle. Why? With it, he can be better than his original, Emmet. There are some people who believe Exeter the clone, is better than the original and who can blame them? He's a musketeer with actual agility and good ranged epics. The heal is not worth the class swap, so take his damage reduce away. Too much: Just check out those other Kraken Skulls companions and compare them to their originals.

Honorable Mentions
1) Ghor. Sure Eagle Eyes can be broken sometimes, but all these pack bears have what I call secondary epics. Epic talents not normally seen or obtainable on most companions. He is a pack companion so getting him can be tough and he does fit the theme of all these other bears with their secondary epics, beastmaster abilities, etc.

2) Nausica. Aggressive melee musketeers may make some people angry. However, Nausica carries a hefty price tag and KI does exist to make money, so bear that in mind. Also, she has a reduced epic count(4 compared to 5-7).

3) Bonnie Anne. Stock Assault(Epic) can get her killed. I know she has a massive aoe dodge reduce, an infinite range heal, an absurd amount of epics and the highest range in the game, but hear me out. Stock Assault can be potentially dangerous for her, especially against someone with Vengeance 3. She also fails to get a guaranteed attack that she can chain off of.

That's Companion Suggestions Part 2. If you have any comments, questions, concerns or ideas for other posts, please let me know down below!

Ensign
Mar 21, 2010
Update the pirate nightmare pack and switch out khord/flom beh with La'Lamia by porting over from w101 a reskinned variant of spirit of darkmoor a red spirit and undead features of spectral caplatas (I was gonna go combine with loremaster with the design but decided to ditch that idea because it doesn't really fit the whole pirate101 narrative and secondly i like the idea of the reskinned variant red spirit of darkmoor its fits the bill perfectly (I'll bet Kingsisle loves my idea). Replace khord/flombeh with la'lamia it fits the newly updated pirate nightmare pack (maybe the newly updated ashes of the armada pack with armada themed gear instead of releasing them with new packs thats updating legacy content with regular updates) and its a moneys worth.

With the pirate nightmare pack updated, switch out khord/flombeh with la'lamia and having khord/flombeh a regular crown shop companion or retired like boochbeard

Have the reskinned variant red spirit of darkmoor La'Lamia dual-wield the Fortune Teller's Eternal Gaze since the wand itself fits the witchdoctor theme and a reference to the aquila myth lamia where zeus skyfather
appears to have took pity on her and allowing lamia to take out her eyes and creating the

"The Fortune Teller's Eternal Gaze" and creating the (Charred Spectral Caplata) in the process.

Promotes to La'Lamia (Charred Spectral Witchdoctor) at Level ?? (prior to Level 57)

Promotes to La'Lamia (Charred Spectral Caplata ) at Level ?? (prior to Level 57)

Class: Witchdoctor Type: Undead

Abilities:

La'Lamias reach: damages 520 mojo to all enemies, slows & wracks all enemies around her greatly reducing

critical hits for 6 turns, shadow step, vengeful eye 420 mojo damage to all

and 50% debuff for 4 turns, La'Lamia's Lament: Forces the Enemy team to attack their allies (unlike old scratch this one is a spectral caplata a ghostly red spirit of darkmoor with its third promotion with ghostly undead features like grong the revenant from world of warcraft but as a red ghostly spectral caplata).

Skull Island Salon located in the skull island bazaar like the black market in the right side of the bazaar the saloon on the left of it with all new pirate themed hairstyles (maybe different from w101 to keep it pirate themed)

(maybe a reference to certain celebrity hairstyles in the skull island salon like the shaggy swoop hairstyle in the skull island salon)