Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Go Go Overpowered Stormzilla!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2009
Hi everyone

I have just got to the Go Go Stormzilla quest and I have battled him at least 10 times and lost all of them he is just too overpowered!

First off he has 4 epic talents (Second Chance x2 Vengeance Strike and Repel Borders) while the Stupendor X has none! Even though the Stupendor X has a lot of powers it is still an unfair advantage.

Also the Stupendor X only does around 100 damage where as Stormzilla does at least 200!

Can you please make this fight easier by giving The Stupendor X at least 2 epic talents like First Strike or Relentless?

Hope you take the time to read this topic.

Dashing Roberto Sharp Level 46 Swashbuckler.

Community Leader
Dashing Roberto Sh... on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
Hi everyone

I have just got to the Go Go Stormzilla quest and I have battled him at least 10 times and lost all of them he is just too overpowered!

First off he has 4 epic talents (Second Chance x2 Vengeance Strike and Repel Borders) while the Stupendor X has none! Even though the Stupendor X has a lot of powers it is still an unfair advantage.

Also the Stupendor X only does around 100 damage where as Stormzilla does at least 200!

Can you please make this fight easier by giving The Stupendor X at least 2 epic talents like First Strike or Relentless?

Hope you take the time to read this topic.

Dashing Roberto Sharp Level 46 Swashbuckler.
If you engage Stormzilla in direct fisticuffs, you will lose. The strategy is to set up your two lines of fires, using the beam attack, and then kite him though them. Also, if you have a pet equipped, they will do some damage to him while you go around setting fires and breaking eggs. They have already adjusted the difficulty of this fight once and they may do so again, but until then, I was albe to defeat him using this strategy with only one line of fires (I messed the other one up) . . . though I only had 50 health left when he finally dropped.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
They actually recently lowered his damage among some other adjustments to make this instance easier.
Took me a few tries originally, now I can beat it on the first try.

The biggest issue is learning the new attacks your given, and a strategy for using them.

Walked one of my stormzilla noob friends through it on her first try the other night. It can be done.

However I might add, that having our Armadillo pet join us was helpful, lol, and may not be as much help in the near future (as they prepare to nerf our poor cute armadillo).

I recommend traversing the board in a counter clockwise direction, systematically destroying all the eggs you can on this path. Try to keep distance between yourself and stormzilla, use the 2 attacks that create lines of fires to do just that, and try to coax Stormzilla into chasing you through the fires, these will whittle him down so you can go toe to toe with him in the final rounds.

Good luck!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2010
Wow. You should have fought him a few weeks ago. They've made him much easier. I posted a guide in another thread. It goes like this:

1) If your pet doesn't come into the fight, escape out of it and go back in. Repeat until your pet shows up.

2) Destroy all the eggs in this order: Bottom right, top right, top left.

3) Move to an area that has lots of open spaces connected to it in a long row and shoot your eye beams to set up a row of fires.

4) Use your power to slow Stormzilla

5) Move to the end of the row of fires and try to draw Stormzilla through the fires.

6) Once Stormzilla has gone through the fires, repeat steps 3 to 5.

7) Now Stormzilla should be nearly dead. Attack, attack, attack.

Ensign
May 11, 2010
This is my opinion is the worse thing in game! I am now on my 10th try and am starting to lose interest in the game as i can not do it and it makes it so i can not go on..Tried every thing everyone has suggested and no luck for me. About to try again. If i can not succeed i will probably be done with the game as what is teh point of me doing the same thing over and over and over only to fail each time.

Ensign
May 11, 2010
Yep I am done with this game 20 trys .... had him down to 52 health and I had 63 he dodged my hits and killed me..

Needs work

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
KittyKungFu on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
This is my opinion is the worse thing in game! I am now on my 10th try and am starting to lose interest in the game as i can not do it and it makes it so i can not go on..Tried every thing everyone has suggested and no luck for me. About to try again. If i can not succeed i will probably be done with the game as what is teh point of me doing the same thing over and over and over only to fail each time.
I've had friend from Wizard101 quit over this quest. Its very out of place.

Ensign
Sep 17, 2010
Thanks pzannucci,

That was a really useful reply, clearly stated, well written. This Pirate really appreciates the help!

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
I still have the quest as of the time of this posting, and the stormzilla had 14 health left when I died.

Friendly Justin Everhart - Level 46
Helpful Luke Nelson - Level 10

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Other than adjusting Stormzilla's health, I didn't see any other difference in "making him much easier".

Before the alleged 'nerf', I was able to beat Stormzilla the first time. After the 'nerf', I had a hard time beating him, as he blocked just about every hit I made, and he was able to not only hit me most of the time, but hit me double the damage (without critical), that I would do.

My final solution? I destroyed the first egg, stopped in the lower middle section. Stormzilla was at the top mid-section, so I lit my line of fire. He followed it all the way down (yay). Then the eggs started to hatch (boo). I lit another fire line from the bottom up, and he and some babies followed most of it (yay). Down went two babies.

The rest was using the remaining 'spells' and trying to pummel Stormzilla, while I was surrounded by 7 babies. Amazingly, I blocked EVERY baby hit (yay). Even though he was hitting me for twice the damage I was, I managed to smack that smile off his face, and send him to oblivion (super yay).

Weird, but it worked!

PS: No matter how many times I tried to get my pet to appear, he never did (boohoo)

Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
I know how to beat Stormzilla with that piece of junk of a robot:

1. Destory all of the eggs on the bottom in till you reach the top right hand corner of the battle screen.

2. Use the Eye Beam attack on the top of the battle screen in a straight line pattern.

3. Then have your Robot run through the fire traps you made in this kind of pattern <----------
---------->
(the fire traps will not hurt you) and then have Stormzilla follow you in through the fire traps.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2009
Thank you everyone for all your help i have managed to beat Stormzilla from all your great advice and hopefully this will help other pirates who are stuck on Stormzilla too.

Dashing Roberto Sharp Level 49 Swashbuckler