Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ideas For An Able Skeleton Key Boss

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 29, 2012
So most of us know from our good friend blind mew that in the original story plans for this game we were to construct a new clockwork in the likeness of our arch enemy Kane, However this clockwork would be named able which is a reference to Cain and Abel. However this idea was sadly scrapped since the story for the game was shortened from 20 books to 15 and the concept of Able was never realized. I loved the concept of able being a good version of kane so much and it would be such a shame to see it just stay a concept so i've been thinking what if we turned able into a skeleton key boss? Able could be like the hero of valencia in the nightmare door we fight him in while we are the villains he seeks to eradicate! That sounds like a nightmare right? The roles have been reversed where Able thinks that killing us would save valencia and the spiral itself! of course Able would mostly have moves similar to Kane since he is Kanes counterpart and all. Some drop ideas would be ables weapon and outfit, a lot of people really want kanes sword and outfit as drops so having something similar to them would be the next best thing and it would be something worth farming for. A bonus idea would be if we kill able a certain amount of times we could unlock him in the crowns shop similar to Blightbeard and Black Annie Rackham. How awesome would it be to have a Kane like companion of your own?! Since clockwork companions are available through the ashes of armada pack I dont see why not. This is just my basic concept, do you have anything you would like to add to make it better? Safe sailing friends!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AntonioXavier1773 on Nov 23, 2019 wrote:
So most of us know from our good friend blind mew that in the original story plans for this game we were to construct a new clockwork in the likeness of our arch enemy Kane, However this clockwork would be named able which is a reference to Cain and Abel. However this idea was sadly scrapped since the story for the game was shortened from 20 books to 15 and the concept of Able was never realized. I loved the concept of able being a good version of kane so much and it would be such a shame to see it just stay a concept so i've been thinking what if we turned able into a skeleton key boss? Able could be like the hero of valencia in the nightmare door we fight him in while we are the villains he seeks to eradicate! That sounds like a nightmare right? The roles have been reversed where Able thinks that killing us would save valencia and the spiral itself! of course Able would mostly have moves similar to Kane since he is Kanes counterpart and all. Some drop ideas would be ables weapon and outfit, a lot of people really want kanes sword and outfit as drops so having something similar to them would be the next best thing and it would be something worth farming for. A bonus idea would be if we kill able a certain amount of times we could unlock him in the crowns shop similar to Blightbeard and Black Annie Rackham. How awesome would it be to have a Kane like companion of your own?! Since clockwork companions are available through the ashes of armada pack I dont see why not. This is just my basic concept, do you have anything you would like to add to make it better? Safe sailing friends!
This is such a good, creative idea that I HATE to disagree with it. ( And I would have wanted your idea over the Black Annie/Blightbeard fiasco that we have now. ) But, imo, we have too many skeleton key bosses and farming dungeons already.
Also, not really keen on an Elite Armada companion.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
AntonioXavier1773 on Nov 23, 2019 wrote:
I've always thought that Gracie's promotion at Level 70 should have increased her ability to create clockworks. Rather than collecting companions (I've never gotten one from the hundreds of packs I've opened, the universe knows why) Gracie should be able to construct more than just the basic war golem.

If this was Gracie's next promotion quest rather than a kill-and-unlock dungeon, I would love to see it happen.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 4, 2019 wrote:
This is such a good, creative idea that I HATE to disagree with it. ( And I would have wanted your idea over the Black Annie/Blightbeard fiasco that we have now. ) But, imo, we have too many skeleton key bosses and farming dungeons already.
Also, not really keen on an Elite Armada companion.
I thought of it being a skeleton key boss because lately that seems to be all that ki wants to drop their minimal resources into when working on pirate101. I get that youbareyou really on board with a kane counterpart companion, it's just a neat little idea.

Ensign
Sep 22, 2012
I think the idea is really neat (I love twist endings), but my only problem is with players who don't read the forums. The only people who would really enjoy this boss fight would be the ones who know about Blind Mew's original plans for Arc 1, and not many people know about Able. They would find it awkward and confusing to enter into a battle and find a new clockwork elite saying that we're the bad guys, if they don't know the original story behind it.