For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Last Main Quest Completed

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 04, 2018
97
I spent three hours yesterday helping someone find their next main quest as their main quest line was broken. There are many places in the game in which the main quest line might not automatically take the next main quest and that without anything such as disconnection or accidentally porting somewhere or some other sort of mistake or mishap occurring. The player stated they sent in a request for help, but they never were helped. They also stated they quit playing quite a bit ago when their main quest line broke.

All of this could have easily been avoided if someplace, such as under badges or upon its own tab one could easily see the name of their last main quest completed. Then all the player would have to do is a web search upon the quest to find where it turns in at and the name of the next main quest and who starts it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
Takhethis on Sep 10, 2019 wrote:
I spent three hours yesterday helping someone find their next main quest as their main quest line was broken. There are many places in the game in which the main quest line might not automatically take the next main quest and that without anything such as disconnection or accidentally porting somewhere or some other sort of mistake or mishap occurring. The player stated they sent in a request for help, but they never were helped. They also stated they quit playing quite a bit ago when their main quest line broke.

All of this could have easily been avoided if someplace, such as under badges or upon its own tab one could easily see the name of their last main quest completed. Then all the player would have to do is a web search upon the quest to find where it turns in at and the name of the next main quest and who starts it.
There are tabs in your quest log that indicate the type of quest it is. Also, Boochbeard, Gandry and your main quest companions give you a re-cap of what's happening when you log on ( after 24 hours of inactivity. )
Sometimes it takes awhile for Support to send in a email.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
To pull up your quest log: type "q". Main quests have a golden goblet icon, side quests have a map stabbed by a dagger, & companion promotion quests use the chess piece ( horse ) icon.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2002
anecorbie on Sep 10, 2019 wrote:
There are tabs in your quest log that indicate the type of quest it is. Also, Boochbeard, Gandry and your main quest companions give you a re-cap of what's happening when you log on ( after 24 hours of inactivity. )
Sometimes it takes awhile for Support to send in a email.
I don't think you get a recap if you don't have a main quest in your book, since the recap is based on which main quest you are on.

The Notifications page shows quests and areas completed, unless you are on a new computer or have lots of pet training and companion task collections cluttering it up.

Knowing which side quests are available can be helpful for identifying where the Main Quest might be found, unless the player doesn't accept side quests at all. Also, depending on which world the pirate has access to - the areas already opened give more clues. For example in Cool Ranch, which Stage Coach stops have been opened, or in MooShu, if access is available to Khotan but not Subata.

Badges are also a clue, since many are given after milestones are achieved.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
Willowydream on Sep 12, 2019 wrote:
I don't think you get a recap if you don't have a main quest in your book, since the recap is based on which main quest you are on.

The Notifications page shows quests and areas completed, unless you are on a new computer or have lots of pet training and companion task collections cluttering it up.

Knowing which side quests are available can be helpful for identifying where the Main Quest might be found, unless the player doesn't accept side quests at all. Also, depending on which world the pirate has access to - the areas already opened give more clues. For example in Cool Ranch, which Stage Coach stops have been opened, or in MooShu, if access is available to Khotan but not Subata.

Badges are also a clue, since many are given after milestones are achieved.

Yet there is still a way to find this information; which was what the OP's request was about. Just pull up your quest log and there it'll be. If the last main quest was done bit not turned in, the incomplete quest will be there.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2002
anecorbie on Sep 13, 2019 wrote:
Yet there is still a way to find this information; which was what the OP's request was about. Just pull up your quest log and there it'll be. If the last main quest was done bit not turned in, the incomplete quest will be there.
In the OP, they said the quest line was BROKEN. If the last main quest was turned in but the next part wasn't accepted, then there would be no main quest in the quest log. My advice was for such a situation, not if there was a Main Quest sitting pretty in the quest log.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
Willowydream on Sep 16, 2019 wrote:
In the OP, they said the quest line was BROKEN. If the last main quest was turned in but the next part wasn't accepted, then there would be no main quest in the quest log. My advice was for such a situation, not if there was a Main Quest sitting pretty in the quest log.

I apologize if my reply came off as snarky. If it's truly broken, then he needs to contact Support.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
470
They should just make it so you can never not accept a main quest. There is no reason to allow it. You have to do the main quests to advance in this game (opposed to most MMOs where you can level up by just defeating monsters and never do quests at all).

Side quests should be optional for acceptance.

This would make much easier to determine if a quest line is truly broken or unfound.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2002
Oran from Urz on Sep 19, 2019 wrote:
They should just make it so you can never not accept a main quest. There is no reason to allow it. You have to do the main quests to advance in this game (opposed to most MMOs where you can level up by just defeating monsters and never do quests at all).

Side quests should be optional for acceptance.

This would make much easier to determine if a quest line is truly broken or unfound.
I thought about that, but then I thought of reasons why a quest might get turned in and the new one not started --like being called away from the computer and getting timed out, or losing connection or power -- outside of just not accepting the next quest.


First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
470
Willowydream on Sep 19, 2019 wrote:
I thought about that, but then I thought of reasons why a quest might get turned in and the new one not started --like being called away from the computer and getting timed out, or losing connection or power -- outside of just not accepting the next quest.

Yeah, but that sounds like a broken quest line or a technical issue....something that would need a KI support ticket. I'm talking about not allowing a player to decline a main quest line, where they might take a break for a week and forget where they left off and uncertain on where to pick up at.....something that shouldn't involve KI Support. If a player is forced to accept the quest, then after their week break they would have the "chalice" main quest designation to remind them where to pick back up.

Most of the main quests in Wizard101 were changed so that you cannot decline the main quest, except for a few. No reason why they couldn't update that for Pirate101.