Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My Nitty Gritty game critique

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 01, 2011
I have read many reviews and suggestions pages; only a few deal with game-play itself, including one-eyed jack's now categorized list of suggestions. I think I'm seeing fewer pirates engaged in playing the game. I was excited to bring my young cousin who plays Wizard101 over to watch, but she got bored and left way before I finally got ONE lantern in Mooshu. I am at a crossroads myself, as I have only ship battles left before I can progress, and frankly, I am not looking forward to this--if I win a battle using a much weaker ship, I "did not get any x"; if I win a shipboard battle with two companions against 4 enemies, I "did not get any x"; I do get a mismatch in all the next battles, however. In one, I counted 16 blocked blows IN A ROW, while every enemy arrow or sword landed against me and one remaining companion, which quickly became just me, then out. (My companions' stats equalled or exceeded those from crown shop at the same level). I feel as if luck rather than skill is the key to my progress; and since my best buddies stopped playing, and since I have less than half the XP needed for ship upgrades at level 45, I can either spend for training points ( I bought a lot before learning the secret to waiting), or wait until I might feel like fighting. I am a very patient person; have enjoyed games over years without maxing and welcome the mismatches that make games competitive. What I'm experiencing, however, is closer to tedium. I don't feel as if I'm earning the rewards, as much as I'm waiting on luck. I don't even earn a better pet for leveling...During brief beta play, I anticipated maxing a pirate in each class; for now, I see possibly maxing a pirate. My thoughts

Community Leader
I agree that some of the ship battle in Moo Shu need to have their drop rates addressed. I'd imagine that, since there are fewer players that have made it that far at this point, there have been fewer complaints. As always, even meeting up with a random person to ship battle with makes it a ton easier but doesn't make the drop rate any higher or less frustrating.

However, if you can figure out how to get past those few quests, I don't think there are any more ship battles until you complete the Monkey King quest line, at which point you will be lvl 50, since it sounds like you have done some sidequests.

KI has adjusted drop rates on quests in the past when there has been a problem, so I'm sure this will get addressed in the mean time. Also, in the latest update, they added more ship items to ship vendors, so hopefully that will help ship combat as well.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2010
Let's find some way to meet up. I live in the U.S. eastern time zone. I love helping people with ship battles and farming ships to get nautical levels, and I have a level 50 with the best ship/equipment. We could knock this out pretty quickly for you.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
If I'd ever see my lvl 50 friends ONline, I'd be so happy to join them in Mooshu for ship battles! So HAPPY! But.... I never see any of my 50 buddies online when I log on. :(

Ensign
Sep 01, 2011
Thomas Stormweaver on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Let's find some way to meet up. I live in the U.S. eastern time zone. I love helping people with ship battles and farming ships to get nautical levels, and I have a level 50 with the best ship/equipment. We could knock this out pretty quickly for you.
Thanks, pzannucci. I am ready to try again. I would really like to play past this point and enjoy the rest of the game....