Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

One Year Ago this Month

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
glitterway123 on Oct 1, 2019 wrote:
Hurray!

Oh, come on guys we at least got an update, even if it is a bit small. We might not be getting a storyline update, but we are getting an update.
Yes, it's an update, and it DOES actually address some issues we've been requesting be fixed for years. I wish they had focused more on that aspect of things rather than "YAY, here are some super-hard battles you'll need to team up for, and HURRAH, more elixirs to buy in the Crown Shop!"

This update just didn't rise to the standard of making membership worthwhile for an account with all maxed pirates, which is what many of us here have. I do have lesser pirates to work on, but my main account is pretty well finished.

One new house to decorate, Level 70 ships in bundles, a new pet or mount to find in the Gift Boxes... any of these would have been more interesting to me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hurray!

Oh, come on guys we at least got an update, even if it is a bit small. We might not be getting a storyline update, but we are getting an update.
Yes, at this point any update keeps the game alive. But I'm disappointed that content we've been asking for these 7 years haven't been implemented.
IMHO, KI could leave W101 on it's own for at least 6 months and address the issues of this game.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Hurray!

Yeah, I fought the new bosses a couple of time and... it was rather fun! I think I'm beginning to see now, people pay Crowns for the new Elixirs and Companions, ans that gives Kingsisle the funds they need to launch another, small-scale update. I'm guessing that by this time next year, we will have received one or two minor updates, to deal with things such as companion promotions for those who need them, new Houses, stuff like that.

(And also, forget what I said about the FTUD earlier. I still have misgivings, but I shouldn't have reacted that way.)

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Well, after all this time, it seems one key request of players has been resolved: The Spirits of Yuletide are FIXED AT LAST... and they can be promoted twice! Thank you to Ratbeard for resolving this issue! It means a lot. Everyone with the Spirits, go to a tavern cellar... they've become well worth the price we payed when we first got them!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Well, the new updates have certainly encouraged me to run some again, which I really don't think I have done in over a year. Currently it is Rogan and Chase, teamed up with a pair of Fiorenza's pirates, vs. Black Annie Rackham. Giving you a chance to recruit her after 25 victories was clever - keeps me interested.

So thanks, KI. As always, I dream of more content, but I am quite enjoying your latest effort.

-Indigo

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
anecorbie on Oct 3, 2019 wrote:
Yes, at this point any update keeps the game alive. But I'm disappointed that content we've been asking for these 7 years haven't been implemented.
IMHO, KI could leave W101 on it's own for at least 6 months and address the issues of this game.
Umm...
Is this...are you really celebrating?!
It's hard to tell...

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
glitterway123 on Oct 15, 2019 wrote:
Umm...
It's hard to tell...
This post effective echoes the thoughts of the entire Pirate101 community over the past couple weeks. There was a short bout of happy when the update was first announced. Then everyone got upset because they though the update wasn't enough. That feeling slowly eroded away when we saw the new update for the first time. It was fun! And now that we have a new pack and Pirate101's Birthday celebrations, everyone is positively joyous!

So yes, we're celebrating now.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Good, very good.
It is something to celebrate about!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
glitterway123 on Oct 15, 2019 wrote:
Umm...
It's hard to tell...
Give me a reason to celebrate and I will. Did we really need another farming dungeon? Or do we need activities beyond farming, Pets, or PVP?
I've been waiting for crafting, gardening, or even fishing ( which I loath from W101 ) but at least it would give us a choice of things to do.
It's like hearing about a friend in the ICU, and you're just happy they're not dead yet......

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
anecorbie on Oct 19, 2019 wrote:
Give me a reason to celebrate and I will. Did we really need another farming dungeon? Or do we need activities beyond farming, Pets, or PVP?
I've been waiting for crafting, gardening, or even fishing ( which I loath from W101 ) but at least it would give us a choice of things to do.
It's like hearing about a friend in the ICU, and you're just happy they're not dead yet......
So...
It's still kinda hard, but I'm guessing you are partying.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
glitterway123 on Oct 22, 2019 wrote:
So...
It's still kinda hard, but I'm guessing you are partying.
Very happy with this new pack, thank you!