Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pack Comps Should be Buffed

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 10, 2010
Hi KI. earlier today someone told me i should use strictly scratch just so i could use his spell power buffs. this isnt the first time i have been told this. i'm a big fan of the pack comps and I know other people appreciate them too. My question is, why is scratch the only companion to have such powerful buffs? why not add something like that to Flom Beh? Or give Mister Scorch an Agility Buff Card? What really crossed the line is when someone told me that my companions are "Doubloon Summons that cost real money" and honestly i feel like that is a little true.

Also a side note: Flom Beh uses a melee animation for ranged attacks. looks really weird hitting someone with a stick 20ft away

Thank You
-Angel

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Angel Flame on Nov 15, 2021 wrote:
Hi KI. earlier today someone told me i should use strictly scratch just so i could use his spell power buffs. this isnt the first time i have been told this. i'm a big fan of the pack comps and I know other people appreciate them too. My question is, why is scratch the only companion to have such powerful buffs? why not add something like that to Flom Beh? Or give Mister Scorch an Agility Buff Card? What really crossed the line is when someone told me that my companions are "Doubloon Summons that cost real money" and honestly i feel like that is a little true.

Also a side note: Flom Beh uses a melee animation for ranged attacks. looks really weird hitting someone with a stick 20ft away

Thank You
-Angel
To explain about Old Scratch: He is a universal companion that's why he has buffs most universal recruits have important buffs or powers.
As for the pack comps, many do have good powers and buffs (ex: Itzen Kahn of the Tribal pack has an accuracy buff or Ghor with the Eagle Eyes talent.)

Don't listen the Scratch crowd; if you enjoy using your pack companions and they're working for you, then just use them!
Adding super strong buffs or epics will just shift the game to "Pay to Win".

Ensign
Sep 25, 2021
the general issue is the pirate nightmare pack comps are not ideal, ex: quincy cripse- can train overwatch, he's a melee unit. he will never be able to trigger it.

the thing with pack comps is if you give them a bit too much they will become way too powerful and the game shifts to p2w.

"My question is, why is scratch the only companion to have such powerful buffs? why not add something like that to Flom Beh?"

The whole point of Mojo Flow was to be on a free universal companion accessible to every class in the game (although- this has created more problems too.) Mojo flow should not exist in this game and it should honestly just be removed. Giving it to a paid companion is a very bad idea.

and if we're being honest, there's enough pack comps that are fine enough on their own, free, universal mainline comps should be better than pack comps always- if not, your game shifts to a p2w scenario.

Ensign
Mar 21, 2010
yeah update the pirate nightmare pack and switch out khord / flom beh for la lamia (charred undead spectral caplata)