Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PIRATE101 COMPANION APP!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 26, 2012
Ok so listen to this. I would really like a companion app to come to android so I can put my companions on "Sailing" or "Pet Wrangling", being notified when they finish the task and able to collect it, also level my companions, being able to check who of my friends is online, what quests I have, my account data and option to buy member/crowns, see my character & what gear I have, train my pet and that kind of thing. What do you think, do you like this idea?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
MegaEpicMich12345 on Jul 8, 2017 wrote:
Ok so listen to this. I would really like a companion app to come to android so I can put my companions on "Sailing" or "Pet Wrangling", being notified when they finish the task and able to collect it, also level my companions, being able to check who of my friends is online, what quests I have, my account data and option to buy member/crowns, see my character & what gear I have, train my pet and that kind of thing. What do you think, do you like this idea?
It's a good idea and an app I would use, I'm just not sure it could be done.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
KingsIsle can make just about anything work, and I think with enough time and energy put into it, it will. Great ideas!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
And welcome to the Message Boards, MegaEpicMich12345!

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
i seriousilly doubt this is possible.

from a gamer standpoint, it's a good idea, not perfect,

but from a programmer standpoint:

it'd be near impossible(you'd have to find a way for the app to connect to the servers, allow players to access the game data and do quests, etc.)

also, whats up with the fact you want it for android only? most people have IOS phones( though android are easier to modify, making them useful for mods)

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
I would suggest it should be for Android and Mac.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 9, 2017 wrote:
KingsIsle can make just about anything work, and I think with enough time and energy put into it, it will. Great ideas!
Well you see from kingsisle' stand point it's pretty much a waste of time.

You see it would be hard to make and it wouldn't bring any money in for Kingsisle, if your not going onto their game then your not enticed to make a purchase.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 11, 2017 wrote:
Well you see from kingsisle' stand point it's pretty much a waste of time.

You see it would be hard to make and it wouldn't bring any money in for Kingsisle, if your not going onto their game then your not enticed to make a purchase.
I definitely understand your point. KingsIsle's creative brains behind those computers and audio microphones can make lots of things happen, but not everything. Although I believe this is something that they could do, it would be plenty of money out of their pocket that they are shelling out. However, it's not a waste.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 12, 2017 wrote:
I definitely understand your point. KingsIsle's creative brains behind those computers and audio microphones can make lots of things happen, but not everything. Although I believe this is something that they could do, it would be plenty of money out of their pocket that they are shelling out. However, it's not a waste.
It is a waste from a money standpoint, I don't see how it would make Kingsisle money.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
It is a waste from a money standpoint, I don't see how it would make Kingsisle money.
Well, I do understand your point, but Memberships would continue to make KingsIsle money. And you and I, of all people, know how important it is for these kinds of games to make money!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
pirate crusher on Jul 9, 2017 wrote:
i seriousilly doubt this is possible.

from a gamer standpoint, it's a good idea, not perfect,

but from a programmer standpoint:

it'd be near impossible(you'd have to find a way for the app to connect to the servers, allow players to access the game data and do quests, etc.)

also, whats up with the fact you want it for android only? most people have IOS phones( though android are easier to modify, making them useful for mods)
I don't think it will be hard from a programming standpoint. Wizard101 already has Grub Guardian that shares information about a player's energy (and other login information since you can't be logged into both games at the same time).

Now, whether KI wants to invest the programmer's time, energy, money etc into an app that would be connected to a game that isn't updated as often as Wizard101 is a different story.