Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Request: Mouse wheel for Friend List

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I just had a "small" request.

Would it be possible to add programming to enable the use of the mouse wheel to scroll through our friends list, after clicking on and while we hover over the opened list? Or at least hold the left mouse button down (M1) after clicking on the up & down arrows, to scroll through the list. With a full list, it takes a lot of clicking to move up and down the list of friends and you can easily miss click during the process-- and if you have a lot of "whisper chats" on screen with the list open, you sometimes can't even click on the down key at all. (unless you can move the friends list-- not sure if you can, I haven't yet tried it...perhaps I should). If you could scroll with the mouse wheel, it would be so much faster, easier and more convenient as well.

Just curious if this was something even possible to do.

Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:

Would it be possible to add programming to enable the use of the mouse wheel to scroll through our friends list, after clicking on and while we hover over the opened list? Or at least hold the left mouse button down (M1) after clicking on the up & down arrows, to scroll through the list. With a full list, it takes a lot of clicking to move up and down the list of friends and you can easily miss click during the process-- and if you have a lot of "whisper chats" on screen with the list open, you sometimes can't even click on the down key at all. (unless you can move the friends list-- not sure if you can, I haven't yet tried it...perhaps I should). If you could scroll with the mouse wheel, it would be so much faster, easier and more convenient as well.

Thanks!
OH YAR infinity

It takes over 80 clicks to get to the bottom of the list to get to the non yellow stars. Sheesh I sound like a Tootsie Pop commercial. That's if you actually HAVE any that are unstarred, lol. THEN if you click on someone to see if the picture shows up (one of my criteria when I have to bite the bullet and toss off a yellow starred one) and when you look.............It totally resets and you have to start clicking all over again

I would ADORE some help in managing my lists.

Captain
May 16, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:

Thanks!
Wow! Great idea! I knew I would have a naturally hard time starring so many MBMs(plus the former and out-of-comission Marauders).

I would repeat my previous pattern from A Week Before Xmas, but I believe I've made my point by now.

Indeed, I might myself try messing around with the friends list.

Happy Holidays!

~Thunder

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I think this would be a fantastic addition!! It would be very useful for when I want to check someone that's waaaaay down at the bottom of the list. Being able to hold the arrow and have it auto-scroll would be nice as well.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Dec 23, 2014 wrote:
I think this would be a fantastic addition!! It would be very useful for when I want to check someone that's waaaaay down at the bottom of the list. Being able to hold the arrow and have it auto-scroll would be nice as well.
Oh yes Misty! I'm sure the auto-scroll by clicking and holding on the arrows would be much better for you and other laptop users. I often jump in game on the work laptop and it would greatly help, since I don't have a mouse set up for it-- just use that moody touchpad mousy, thingy.

So, perhaps both the scrolling and the clicking and holding would be a great way to go-- if they could and should happen to add it in the future!

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Admiral
May 30, 2010
While I don't have as many friends as some of you (I tend to be a bit cautious about adding strangers after the whole Wizards begging fiasco), I would also like to be able to scroll through the ones I do have (and yes, most of them belong to my other accounts or to Indigo and my brother).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
Oh yes Misty! I'm sure the auto-scroll by clicking and holding on the arrows would be much better for you and other laptop users. I often jump in game on the work laptop and it would greatly help, since I don't have a mouse set up for it-- just use that moody touchpad mousy, thingy.

So, perhaps both the scrolling and the clicking and holding would be a great way to go-- if they could and should happen to add it in the future!
"Moody touchpad mousy thingy" LOL Best and most accurate description of one I have heard yet.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
So, what do you say there Ratbeard (or whomever may handle these types of programming thingies)?

Is this something that could possibly be added in the future? Or are there perhaps issues with adding programming of this nature that would limit you all from being able to implement this kind of feature?

Just curious as to whether it could, or even possibly may, be added down the road.

Thanks in advance for any input, answers and/or feedback.