Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Retcon/Rewrite Valencia Part 2 and Release Books 16-20

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
As many players know, Book 15's content was severely cut down and it prematurely ended the first arc 5 books too early. I'd say a majority of players were very upset about how a great storyline ended in a very rushed and unsatisfying manner over 6 years ago. The abrupt ending also left many plotholes and loose threads that should've been explored in this arc. So... since Pirate101 is getting updates again... maybe Valencia Part 2's storyline should be retconned, restored to it's original design, and continue the original story as intended before Pirate101 was put on ice for 6 years.

Wizard101 did something similar to this in the Wizard City quest changes as well as the Traitor's Cave storyline here on Pirate101 in 2014. KI completely gutted the old quests and created new plot elements in order to have more interesting and complex storylines in both Wizard City and Skull Island, so shouldn't Valencia and the rest of Arc 1 receive the same treatment? We know it's possible since it's been done before.

It's been said that creating a new world is years away but what about fixing and adding to an existing one? It would give players something to do while expanding the already existing story of the game without creating entirely new worlds. I think Kingsisle and the dev team should consider this and let the community voice their opinions on this. I know restoring the original plans would make a lot of people in this community really happy and it would most likely encourage older players to return to the game.