Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Some dungeons ought to be changed to 4 person join

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Pirate Regatta and the end Kane dungeons should require four people to start when queuing up as both are a pain when they start with less and its really unfair to hit those who only want to do them with a full group with a penalty for declining especially if they have waited a lot of time just to get people.

Both of these have sigils so there is no reason why smaller groups of players couldn't just normal join together.

There might be other dungeons that ought to also be changed over to full team only when queuing but those are the obvious two that come mind.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Aug 18, 2019 wrote:
Pirate Regatta and the end Kane dungeons should require four people to start when queuing up as both are a pain when they start with less and its really unfair to hit those who only want to do them with a full group with a penalty for declining especially if they have waited a lot of time just to get people.

Both of these have sigils so there is no reason why smaller groups of players couldn't just normal join together.

There might be other dungeons that ought to also be changed over to full team only when queuing but those are the obvious two that come mind.
I agree about the Regatta, but the Machine is teleportable and you can ask a friend to port in to help you. Making the machine wait for a full team would tend to make it a gauntlet ( like the Tower ).
I have done the Machine with less than a full team ( even a duo, it can be done. )

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Takhethis on Aug 18, 2019 wrote:

I don't think this is a good idea.

1. These dungeons can be solo'd at level 65-70. There are Youtube videos on them (although it isn't easy or quick).

2. Most importantly, assuming Pirate101 gets updated with higher levels in the future, imagine being a level 100+ pirate and being required to group with three other players.....just to get inside.

The root issue is that Pirate101 is a dying game. There just isn't enough players still questing through the game to keep the sigils "healthy" with four players queuing. If Pirate101 ever gets an update, I would expect a surge at those sigils, but until then, recommend coordinating for additional players outside of the game. I also recommend you host a Pirate101 event to draw out players to get to the sigils. RRRRZZZZ419 just hosted a Pirate's Regatta event recently, he might host another in the future.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I agree with those above who said there isn't any reason to hold off for four players. Team Up takes way too long to find anyone as it is. I am doing it on my Swashbuckler when I play her and it takes about 20 minutes to find another player. Players aren't using the Ledger because there aren't any pirates waiting for the team from the sigil. Most dungeons can be soloed pretty easily, but there is no way to try for Group Plunder unless we get someone else to join or run a second account.

Let's not make it worse.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Oran from Urz on Aug 19, 2019 wrote:

1. These dungeons can be solo'd at level 65-70. There are Youtube videos on them (although it isn't easy or quick).

2. Most importantly, assuming Pirate101 gets updated with higher levels in the future, imagine being a level 100+ pirate and being required to group with three other players.....just to get inside.

The root issue is that Pirate101 is a dying game. There just isn't enough players still questing through the game to keep the sigils "healthy" with four players queuing. If Pirate101 ever gets an update, I would expect a surge at those sigils, but until then, recommend coordinating for additional players outside of the game. I also recommend you host a Pirate101 event to draw out players to get to the sigils. RRRRZZZZ419 just hosted a Pirate's Regatta event recently, he might host another in the future.
Thanks for the shout out. Would there be enough interest for me to host another Pirate's Regatta event soon? I could definitely do that if enough people would want me to, that was a fun event.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Oran from Urz on Aug 19, 2019 wrote:

you are aware that you can get the regatta quest at level 50 and waiting until you are level 65 to 70 pretty much means you get absolutely nothing from it nautical wise

Any dungeon you wait to do until you are 15 to 20 levels higher than the dungeon itself is easy enough to solo.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Aug 19, 2019 wrote:
I agree about the Regatta, but the Machine is teleportable and you can ask a friend to port in to help you. Making the machine wait for a full team would tend to make it a gauntlet ( like the Tower ).
I have done the Machine with less than a full team ( even a duo, it can be done. )
Most people leave in the Machine unless its full or someone can fill it up with their friends as the drops and gold are so much more with a full team.

Regatta has no drops worth getting and gives no real gold or anything really. Going into it with only one or two people typically winds up with one or both of them leaving before its done which really screws over the player who wanted to get rid of the quest.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Aug 20, 2019 wrote:
Most people leave in the Machine unless its full or someone can fill it up with their friends as the drops and gold are so much more with a full team.

Regatta has no drops worth getting and gives no real gold or anything really. Going into it with only one or two people typically winds up with one or both of them leaving before its done which really screws over the player who wanted to get rid of the quest.
Regatta has a few drops worth getting - this is the only place you can get Captain Swing's gear, if you've already turned in Bonnie Anne's promotion, plus the scrip drops are fairly good.