Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

the Sinbad quest weapons

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
How many have you found? I've managed to get 3 so far:

Anchor Tanker (requires Big Chopy Weapons talent)
Smashy/ Slashy Bonus: Strength
263 damage

Hook and Claw
Slashy/Stabby Bonus Strength
251 damage
+10% armor penetration

Devil's Fishhook
Slashy Bonus strength
224 damage
+18 armor

All are 70th level and grant: Esprit de Corps
Let me know what you've found! And Good Hunting!

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
I have gotten NONE of them...

PS - I really dislike having to return to Devilfish Hollow for this on every pirate I have.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Halloween Chick on Jun 28, 2021 wrote:
I have gotten NONE of them...

PS - I really dislike having to return to Devilfish Hollow for this on every pirate I have.

Read the post: "Sinbad ain't gonna pirate himself" players are planning to meet up and group for this instance on Friday.
I'll be glad to help anyone go through and hopefully get a weapon.
I left a mark just outside the Crusher's hideout, for my maxed pirates. I'm using my Witchdoctor, Silver Isis, since she has the best equipment.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 29, 2021 wrote:
Read the post: "Sinbad ain't gonna pirate himself" players are planning to meet up and group for this instance on Friday.
I'll be glad to help anyone go through and hopefully get a weapon.
I left a mark just outside the Crusher's hideout, for my maxed pirates. I'm using my Witchdoctor, Silver Isis, since she has the best equipment.
Thanks, but I am almost never in the game on Friday evenings, and I honestly don't think these weapons are enough of a draw for me to farm the dungeon. I'll eventually get everyone through, I'm sure.

Good Luck to you!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Can anyone tell me if there is a staffy/slashy weapon from this dungeon? It would be great if I could stitch the Veteran's Day weapon with a level 70 type of weapon.

Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2013
A bit late but i have gotten:

Hook and Claw (Stabby/Slashy)
Base power of 251/Has 10% Armor penetration

Nice weapon, currently using it on my buck until i can get anchor tanker. Though sadly despite being a stabby weapon is strength based on bucklers.

Kraken's Breath Set (Slashy/Shooty)
Base power of 239

The only agility based weapon on buckler, so if you were wanting to run espirit weapons its forces you into hybrid. Not the end of the world but it has a severe weapon power drop due to it lacking the stabby tag.

The rest are:

Anchor Tanker (Smashy/Slashy)
Base power of 263

I have spent over 40 hours of raw game time for this variant, still haven't gotten it. Another cool thing about this weapon is that it has one of the highest base weapon power available in-game.

Devil's Fishhook (Slashy)
Base power of 227/Gives 18 Armor.

A strength based slashy weapon that has smashy/slashy animations is cool, though this is 2nd worst variant of the anchor weapons, its lacks a 2nd type of attack tag so it ends underperforming in damage this is compounded by it also having in general a low weapon power at level 70. There really is no reason for this weapon to exist as they other 2 strength based version have way higher base weapon power and has a 2nd attack type tag.

Arcane Anchor (Staffy Slashy
Base power of 215

The only will based weapon and has even lower weapon power then Devil's Fishhook. Its actually unusable in a half serious pvp setting. Witchdoctors would never touch this thing with a 6ft pole due to it being melee.
Privateers could argue that it has use with them due to it being will based. There are just better options for privateers as privys already pack a espirit and zeal.

Overall these weapons are very cool, heck some of them even might have legit pvp viability. The problems are

2 of the weapons (Hook and Claw/Devil's Fishhook) are outclassed by the Anchor Tanker.

Only one is will based but the will based classes would almost never want to use it.

The only agility based weapon is the shooty one which is melee so it would make muskets would not want to use it unless they want to mess around. Bucklers can use this but not only are they forced into hybrid they also have an extreme weapon power drop compared to other popular hybrid buckler weapons such as the haywire armada blade.

All of this is rolled up into a drop rate nearing rngesus levels, lacks a double chest, and is super long making these weapons are truly a pain to get

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
gstack96 on Jul 11, 2021 wrote:
A bit late but i have gotten:

Hook and Claw (Stabby/Slashy)
Base power of 251/Has 10% Armor penetration

Nice weapon, currently using it on my buck until i can get anchor tanker. Though sadly despite being a stabby weapon is strength based on bucklers.

Kraken's Breath Set (Slashy/Shooty)
Base power of 239

The only agility based weapon on buckler, so if you were wanting to run espirit weapons its forces you into hybrid. Not the end of the world but it has a severe weapon power drop due to it lacking the stabby tag.

The rest are:

Anchor Tanker (Smashy/Slashy)
Base power of 263

I have spent over 40 hours of raw game time for this variant, still haven't gotten it. Another cool thing about this weapon is that it has one of the highest base weapon power available in-game.

Devil's Fishhook (Slashy)
Base power of 227/Gives 18 Armor.

A strength based slashy weapon that has smashy/slashy animations is cool, though this is 2nd worst variant of the anchor weapons, its lacks a 2nd type of attack tag so it ends underperforming in damage this is compounded by it also having in general a low weapon power at level 70. There really is no reason for this weapon to exist as they other 2 strength based version have way higher base weapon power and has a 2nd attack type tag.

Arcane Anchor (Staffy Slashy
Base power of 215

The only will based weapon and has even lower weapon power then Devil's Fishhook. Its actually unusable in a half serious pvp setting. Witchdoctors would never touch this thing with a 6ft pole due to it being melee.
Privateers could argue that it has use with them due to it being will based. There are just better options for privateers as privys already pack a espirit and zeal.

Overall these weapons are very cool, heck some of them even might have legit pvp viability. The problems are

2 of the weapons (Hook and Claw/Devil's Fishhook) are outclassed by the Anchor Tanker.

Only one is will based but the will based classes would almost never want to use it.

The only agility based weapon is the shooty one which is melee so it would make muskets would not want to use it unless they want to mess around. Bucklers can use this but not only are they forced into hybrid they also have an extreme weapon power drop compared to other popular hybrid buckler weapons such as the haywire armada blade.

All of this is rolled up into a drop rate nearing rngesus levels, lacks a double chest, and is super long making these weapons are truly a pain to get
Thank you for this complete info! If I get the Arcane Anchor, it sounds a good option to stitch to the Veteran's Day weapon. I consider that a bonus for my privy.(what's wrong with having an extra esprit?).
That grant frees me from being (almost) forced to use El Toro for most of my pirates.
And about PvP; it seems most of your complaint is that these new weapons aren't very useful for PvP because of lower damage from other level 70 weapons. (btw, I have a swashy trained in musket and i have no problems with using those talents in PvE.) You have to take into account that we haven't received any extra EXP for ages, how is KI supposed to make "OP" weapons for a game that lacks higher levels than we already have?
Remember these were first issued at level 75 and players complained they wouldn't be able to use them. I would have accepted that circumstance as proof that we would be progressing eventually and just put those weapons in my bank to be used later.
A Second Chance chest is surely needed.

Ensign
Jul 31, 2011
I have been farming Crusher Lair for literally hundreds of hours and have not gotten the Kracken's Breath Set as a weapon drop. To be fair, I have received copies of all the other rare weapons, but the Kracken's Breath set is the one that I wanted most. This dungeon, although fun, is painstakingly long for a rare weapon drop, especially given the exceedingly low drops rates. Combine that with no Second Chance Loot chest and I have to wonder why I continue to play this game. I had the same frustration in Wizard 1010 with the Marshfellow Gold Key boss, as the rare weapon drop rate was equally abysmal. Please consider increasing the rare weapon drop rate in both games to make the gameplay more enjoyable. I understand that new content is not a high priority for Pirate 101, but gosh make rare weapon drop rates at least achievable, as playing this game is no longer fun and feels somewhat abusive.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
microlife12 on Aug 12, 2021 wrote:
I have been farming Crusher Lair for literally hundreds of hours and have not gotten the Kracken's Breath Set as a weapon drop. To be fair, I have received copies of all the other rare weapons, but the Kracken's Breath set is the one that I wanted most. This dungeon, although fun, is painstakingly long for a rare weapon drop, especially given the exceedingly low drops rates. Combine that with no Second Chance Loot chest and I have to wonder why I continue to play this game. I had the same frustration in Wizard 1010 with the Marshfellow Gold Key boss, as the rare weapon drop rate was equally abysmal. Please consider increasing the rare weapon drop rate in both games to make the gameplay more enjoyable. I understand that new content is not a high priority for Pirate 101, but gosh make rare weapon drop rates at least achievable, as playing this game is no longer fun and feels somewhat abusive.
It seems that getting rare weapons is "achievable" as you say that you got the other weapons (just not that certain weapon), so raising the drop rate wouldn't automatically gain you that weapon. I do agree that a second chance chest is needed in the Crusher's Lair.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
microlife12 on Aug 12, 2021 wrote:
I also disagree that Crusher's Lair is "painstakingly long" I can usually finish in half an hour or less. Compare that to Moo Tower.

Ensign
Jul 31, 2011
One half hour is a long time to farm, given the exceedingly (and I mean exceedingly) low weapon drop rates. The Moo Tower was long, but at least useful gear drops were more abundant. Since my last reply, I have farmed the Crusher Lair for at least fifty more hours and no Kracken's Breath Set. I had similar abysmal luck farming the Monkey for the strength obsidian and brass medallion charm. Spent literally hundreds of hours and keys only to get multiple cans of tuna fish. Really?!!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
microlife12 on Aug 23, 2021 wrote:
One half hour is a long time to farm, given the exceedingly (and I mean exceedingly) low weapon drop rates. The Moo Tower was long, but at least useful gear drops were more abundant. Since my last reply, I have farmed the Crusher Lair for at least fifty more hours and no Kracken's Breath Set. I had similar abysmal luck farming the Monkey for the strength obsidian and brass medallion charm. Spent literally hundreds of hours and keys only to get multiple cans of tuna fish. Really?!!!!
Doing that many farming runs will destroy your health and add stress where you don't need it.
Just one run a day is just as likely to gain you that weapon as umpteen hours spent driving your self crazy over it.
(Because it is a random drop.)
Believe me, I'm very experienced at farming for those precious objects that everyone wants.
And I have every thing from Capt.Blood, Moo Manchu or any boss you can name, either on my main account or the others.
You'll have a much more relaxing (and fun) experience if you just do a single (or if you feel you have to) 2 - 3 runs a day.
Good Luck!