Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Tribal Pack and Repeats

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 29, 2012
First off, I do want to mention how much I love this Tribal Pack. It is really well put together. The prizes are all fun and it truly feels like you won something great no matter what it is.

This being said I bought about 10 dollars worth of packs and obviously got a lot of repeats. That's to be expected with chance items however, it hurts me to try to decide what to do with some of the repeats like pets and mounts. I definitely don't want to sell them for the measly 150 gold.

I think it would be nice to be able to cash them in for another currency that costs a lot of points for stuff that might be more desired. For example, an extra pet from the pack could be worth 50 points and something less valuable maybe 3 points. Then if you want a companion it costs 1000 points. OR if you didn't have that pet and you wanted it it would be 100 points (more than what you would sell it for).

I think this idea could boost sales as there would be an attainable way to get the items out of the set you want but would take quite a bit more money.

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
Like a trade up system like they have at carnivals?

I'm for this. I bought 10 dollars worth of packs got GREAT stuff. But like 20 panthers XD I would love to trade the other rares in for a companion. :D

Ensign
Dec 29, 2012
SherlocksClues on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
Like a trade up system like they have at carnivals?

I'm for this. I bought 10 dollars worth of packs got GREAT stuff. But like 20 panthers XD I would love to trade the other rares in for a companion. :D
Yeah, I guess it is just like how carnivals do it. I wouldn't even mind a horrible exchange rate for tickets.

The mounts and the pets are really what I'm talking about. They are awesome...very awesome...but what am I going to do with more than 5 of a specific mount or pet?

I wouldn't mind trading them all in for one prize I didn't get.

Ensign
Apr 20, 2009
I like the idea of some sort of trade-in system. While it was initially neat to receive one of the new mounts, after my 5th or 6th of the same one I began to wonder what I was going to do with more mounts than I have characters. Pets, too, for that matter.

Some way of being able to convert those excess items into points that could then be used to purchase desirable items would be great. While I get the idea behind making the most desirable items in the pack "ultra rare" (the companions), adding an alternative manner of acquiring them would probably motivate players (myself included) to keep purchasing packs. Either I'd get lucky and get a companion in a pack itself or I'd eventually accumulate enough "trade-in points" to purchase the companion. One way or another, I'd be buying packs and feeling good about it.

As is, it's very hard for me to justify spending an exhorbitant amount of money on the miniscule chance of scoring what I want- all the while cluttering up my inventory with mounts and pets that are cool, but ultimately more than I can use.

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
icetears2 on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
First off, I do want to mention how much I love this Tribal Pack. It is really well put together. The prizes are all fun and it truly feels like you won something great no matter what it is.

This being said I bought about 10 dollars worth of packs and obviously got a lot of repeats. That's to be expected with chance items however, it hurts me to try to decide what to do with some of the repeats like pets and mounts. I definitely don't want to sell them for the measly 150 gold.

I think it would be nice to be able to cash them in for another currency that costs a lot of points for stuff that might be more desired. For example, an extra pet from the pack could be worth 50 points and something less valuable maybe 3 points. Then if you want a companion it costs 1000 points. OR if you didn't have that pet and you wanted it it would be 100 points (more than what you would sell it for).

I think this idea could boost sales as there would be an attainable way to get the items out of the set you want but would take quite a bit more money.
Excellent, excellent idea!

Personally, I only purchased 3 once I saw all the housing items I was getting. I don't have a house in this game and see no reason to spend 75,000 gold to get one. They don't add one iota to anything that would help in my enjoyment of the game so what's the point?

Moreover, there isn't even a way to preview a house to see if it's worth spending the gold.

In W101 (which I don't play anymore) you needed houses for gardening. Since there is no gardening in P101, and I hope there never is, what do I need a house for?

But a trade up system would be fantastic, I would certainly buy more if I knew if I got some items I didn't want, I could trade up for something else I did want.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I'd have a perfect space for pets. My home. So, this brings up my continuing question to KI, again:

When can we place pets in our homes to run around? I threw away 10 chameleons during my Fin Dorsal days (before it was changed to a defeat all battle, thanks a lot KI .....) because I was still mysteriously unable to place them in my home so they could run around. (You know, like the pets run around in Wizard101 houses and homes).

So KI, why can't we do that here?

Administrator
Shiningfantasia on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
I'd have a perfect space for pets. My home. So, this brings up my continuing question to KI, again:

When can we place pets in our homes to run around? I threw away 10 chameleons during my Fin Dorsal days (before it was changed to a defeat all battle, thanks a lot KI .....) because I was still mysteriously unable to place them in my home so they could run around. (You know, like the pets run around in Wizard101 houses and homes).

So KI, why can't we do that here?
Allowing pets and mounts to roam free in housing is a commonly requested addition to the game. It's on the list!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*