Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Veteran's Day weapon

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Veteran's Day weapon looks wonderful, but it is also a very specific type of weapon combo - staffy/smashy. it is also a no trade item so if you make a mistake and claim it on the wrong pirate there is no way to change.
The fact that it is very specific also makes it difficult for stitching. Can you tell me where there is a max level staffy/smashy weapon in game that I can stitch it to? ( Besides the Staff of Power for bucks ).

Now I have a "useless" weapon in my bank, and I can't even display it on my wall. By its looks I was expecting a slashy/smashy combo. There are many more of that type in game.

Just somewhat disappointed.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 11, 2020 wrote:
The Veteran's Day weapon looks wonderful, but it is also a very specific type of weapon combo - staffy/smashy. it is also a no trade item so if you make a mistake and claim it on the wrong pirate there is no way to change.
The fact that it is very specific also makes it difficult for stitching. Can you tell me where there is a max level staffy/smashy weapon in game that I can stitch it to? ( Besides the Staff of Power for bucks ).

Now I have a "useless" weapon in my bank, and I can't even display it on my wall. By its looks I was expecting a slashy/smashy combo. There are many more of that type in game.

Just somewhat disappointed.
I have to agree - It's great that they actually included Pirate101 with the Veteran's Day gift, and the weapon itself is impressive. However, Weapons work differently from Wands in Wizard101, where a wand is a wand is a wand and can all be Stitched with each other.

In order to actually be a useful gift to all players, this weapon needs to be classified differently for Pirate101, or multiple versions for each weapon type need to be created.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Halloween Chick on Nov 12, 2020 wrote:
I have to agree - It's great that they actually included Pirate101 with the Veteran's Day gift, and the weapon itself is impressive. However, Weapons work differently from Wands in Wizard101, where a wand is a wand is a wand and can all be Stitched with each other.

In order to actually be a useful gift to all players, this weapon needs to be classified differently for Pirate101, or multiple versions for each weapon type need to be created.

I would just be satisfied if I could hang it on my wall. It would be too much work for KI devs to make a weapon usable to all classes.
Last year, we got a music player with a military theme. W101 just got a music scroll with the same theme. Two slightly different gifts, usable in both games.
*ship icon wanted here*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Halloween Chick on Nov 12, 2020 wrote:

Or lift the "no trade" requirement. That could be easily done.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 13, 2020 wrote:
Or lift the "no trade" requirement. That could be easily done.
That definitely should happen - there is absolutely no reason for it to be No Trade.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
First, very grateful that KI provides free gifts like this (especially ones that are unique).

However, it doesn't seem to be fair to Pirate101 to just simply "port" over the item without a basic understanding of the Pirate101 game. It is also a testament that none of the developers actually play Pirate101....as it is extremely easy to redeem the item and then find out the all the limitations that come with it (you don't need a QA team for this).

This item feels very similar to the winter weapons offered a few years ago, that were unable to be stitched to any weapons in the game.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Oran from Urz on Nov 17, 2020 wrote:
First, very grateful that KI provides free gifts like this (especially ones that are unique).

However, it doesn't seem to be fair to Pirate101 to just simply "port" over the item without a basic understanding of the Pirate101 game. It is also a testament that none of the developers actually play Pirate101....as it is extremely easy to redeem the item and then find out the all the limitations that come with it (you don't need a QA team for this).

This item feels very similar to the winter weapons offered a few years ago, that were unable to be stitched to any weapons in the game.
Agreed - it's not fair, but then Kingsisle hasn't been fair to Pirate101 players for a very long time. I hope they can at least fix this weapon before too long. They did add a new Mount this week, so someone managed to put a little time into it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I managed to find two higher level staffy/smashy weapons ; the Gorgo Bo Staff level 55 and the Riddler Bo Staff level 60.
There are no free traders in Valencia selling weapons, and the ones in the bazaar stop at level 65.

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020
the only weapon i can think of you can stitch it to is krampus's bell ringer (kramp staffy/smashy hybird)
found it odd they'd make a weap like that myself

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
caleb10104 on Nov 22, 2020 wrote:
the only weapon i can think of you can stitch it to is krampus's bell ringer (kramp staffy/smashy hybird)
found it odd they'd make a weap like that myself
But is the Bell Ringer (Gold Key, I assume) a max level weapon with desirable stats?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Personally, I think the best gift would be one ANY pirate could use, at any level.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Nov 24, 2020 wrote:
Personally, I think the best gift would be one ANY pirate could use, at any level.

Oh! As in no requirements? Stitchable to any weapon or combo? Brilliant idea!
* begging for a ship icon *

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020
anecorbie on Nov 23, 2020 wrote:
But is the Bell Ringer (Gold Key, I assume) a max level weapon with desirable stats?
if it's gold key it is but there's much better weapons for bucks anyways

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 23, 2020 wrote:
No desirable stats for any class. While it does have stats, it is overwhelmingly considered a stitch item itself.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oran from Urz on Dec 27, 2020 wrote:
No desirable stats for any class. While it does have stats, it is overwhelmingly considered a stitch item itself.
Yes, I have stitched the Orb of Nefarious Death (?) to the Krampus staffy/shooty weapon on one of my WDs.