Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Exeter or Emmett?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 17, 2015
The difference is simple; Emmett has everything a privateer uses-- will first, strength second, agility third, equal base accuracy and dodge. Exeter is a musketeer-ized version of Emmett-- agility first, will second, strength last, and only lacks Emett's group heal card. Faced with the two, as a level 70 privateer, which should I pick for PvP?

Community Leader
If you've yet to buy Exeter, just stick with Emmett. While there are certainly very good reasons to favor Exeter over Emmett (better accuracy and doesn't get chained to death by agility units), I'm not sure those reasons alone are enough to warrant investing the money into getting Exeter. In this case, the majority of the time your outcomes are essentially going to be the same (until you get to a point where you're very experienced, your losses will almost always come from your own mistakes rather than your unit having inferior accuracy, and even then, blunders are still a major cause of losses).

If you already have Exeter, I'd switch between both, depending on what the matchup calls for. For instance, I'd be more likely to use Exeter against a musket or swash, as Emmett's low agility makes him an easy target. Since he isn't a principal chaining unit, sacrificing being will based is a fine tradeoff.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP