Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Just Stop

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
You can also click on their nametag and report them for negative comments &messages

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Squalltamer on May 15, 2015 wrote:
You can also click on their nametag and report them for negative comments &messages
Being nasty and name calling isn't a reportable offense, report only bad language or a certain type of harassment.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Squalltamer on May 15, 2015 wrote:
If I may add try to reason with the player, ignore the player, change realm or click the ignore button. The report button should only be use as a last resort.

Don't let others ruin your gaming enjoyment in other words.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Horrorstar on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
OK, so my main pirate is a witchdoctor, low health with a lot of ranged attacks. I have been called weak, wimpy, scared, and other far more rude things while in PVPs. Their reasoning behind this is because I send my companions out into the thick of battle while I stay behind them and hit from far away while buffing up my companions.
The fact that this happens constantly has really ruined PVP for me. I used to love it so much, now it's just another thing that upsets me. I have been battling with multiple mental health issues and Pirate101 is one way I can really get away from them, but this name calling and general rudeness in PVP drives me into the ground. So my message: Just stop, you have no idea about the person behind the screen and what goes on in their lives outside of Pirate101.

Hannah Ironside Level 65
Level 11
Level 5
I can see where you are coming from, friend. I'm very sorry for what you are going through with all these bullies and I hope they come to their senses soon. I think that since Pirate101 hasn't had an update in about a year now (I'm sure that Blind Mew and Ratbeard and the rest of the KI team are working very hard on the next update ), a sorta stigma has formed around PvP, and Max Level characters who have finished the game (not all but many) take joy in building up their ego by destroying others in a game that is supposed to be fun and friendly. I just finished the game on my Privy tonight like an hour ago (woohoo!) and the first thing I decided to do was go to PvP. Well, the FIRST thing I did was go to The Kraken Skulls Tavern and get some Companion Training Points. I had El Toro and Bonnie Anne at Max Level already so I leveled up Egg Shen to Max Level as well because he's kinda adorable and hilarious, just like Ratbeard who is in my 5th spot. I'm working on Leveling Up Catbeard and Ratbeard to Max Level, who are both Level 63 BUT ANYWAYS. I went ahead and played against a guy who seemed like a Pro, but I enjoyed the friendly competition. I tried my best to be nice, complimenting him and saying Thank ye for playing against me. I don't think I said anything wrong but he told me to stop bothering me so I just left because a) I didn't want to ruin his experience and b) PvP is not for me I don't think. Maybe I'm over-analyzing his response, but I think that a few rotten eggs in the dozens of PvP players can spoil the cake for everyone else (not sure if that analogy made much sense but I hope the point gets across).
I hope that these players that are being mean to you stop being bullies and try to be nicer, but I would be very happy to have some friendly PvP with you anytime, or if you want to do a dungeon together :). I don't know what mental health issues you are battling with, but I am too and I believe you are very brave.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Horrorstar on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
OK, so my main pirate is a witchdoctor, low health with a lot of ranged attacks. I have been called weak, wimpy, scared, and other far more rude things while in PVPs. Their reasoning behind this is because I send my companions out into the thick of battle while I stay behind them and hit from far away while buffing up my companions.
The fact that this happens constantly has really ruined PVP for me. I used to love it so much, now it's just another thing that upsets me. I have been battling with multiple mental health issues and Pirate101 is one way I can really get away from them, but this name calling and general rudeness in PVP drives me into the ground. So my message: Just stop, you have no idea about the person behind the screen and what goes on in their lives outside of Pirate101.

Hannah Ironside Level 65
Level 11
Level 5
I hope that everything gets better and that you have a fantastic week, friend. Stay strong and remember these people are just ego-boosters!
If you ever need a friend I will be happy to be yours.

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Lvl 65 Suitor Slayer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Cruel Owen Quarrel on May 21, 2015 wrote:
I can see where you are coming from, friend. I'm very sorry for what you are going through with all these bullies and I hope they come to their senses soon. I think that since Pirate101 hasn't had an update in about a year now (I'm sure that Blind Mew and Ratbeard and the rest of the KI team are working very hard on the next update ), a sorta stigma has formed around PvP, and Max Level characters who have finished the game (not all but many) take joy in building up their ego by destroying others in a game that is supposed to be fun and friendly. I just finished the game on my Privy tonight like an hour ago (woohoo!) and the first thing I decided to do was go to PvP. Well, the FIRST thing I did was go to The Kraken Skulls Tavern and get some Companion Training Points. I had El Toro and Bonnie Anne at Max Level already so I leveled up Egg Shen to Max Level as well because he's kinda adorable and hilarious, just like Ratbeard who is in my 5th spot. I'm working on Leveling Up Catbeard and Ratbeard to Max Level, who are both Level 63 BUT ANYWAYS. I went ahead and played against a guy who seemed like a Pro, but I enjoyed the friendly competition. I tried my best to be nice, complimenting him and saying Thank ye for playing against me. I don't think I said anything wrong but he told me to stop bothering me so I just left because a) I didn't want to ruin his experience and b) PvP is not for me I don't think. Maybe I'm over-analyzing his response, but I think that a few rotten eggs in the dozens of PvP players can spoil the cake for everyone else (not sure if that analogy made much sense but I hope the point gets across).
I hope that these players that are being mean to you stop being bullies and try to be nicer, but I would be very happy to have some friendly PvP with you anytime, or if you want to do a dungeon together :). I don't know what mental health issues you are battling with, but I am too and I believe you are very brave.
A friendly PVP match is a nice way to unwind from a long string of PVE questing. I think the one player you ran into was a menu-chat snob. I think it's a pity that someone who is as intelligent and nice as you ( as shown by your posts ) can't communicate as freely as the text chatters. However time will change that.
CONGRATULATIONS on finishing AQ!!!!!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
anecorbie on May 21, 2015 wrote:
A friendly PVP match is a nice way to unwind from a long string of PVE questing. I think the one player you ran into was a menu-chat snob. I think it's a pity that someone who is as intelligent and nice as you ( as shown by your posts ) can't communicate as freely as the text chatters. However time will change that.
CONGRATULATIONS on finishing AQ!!!!!
I can definitely appreciate that PvP helps people unwind and have some fun but I just didn't get into it all that much which is totally okay. Thank you very much and I hope that I will be able to get menu chat too. I just believe that in a game like this it's very important to be friendly and polite in the community, because you never know what someone else is going through. In good news, I have been a member for two months and this would be the last month except for my parents promised they'd let me use some of my savings for membership if I got As and Bs. I went from an 80 to an 86 in my Spanish class, so I'll hopefully be able to keep playing this year :) Thank you very much! Aquila was probably the most creative quest-wise and a very fun experience. I had a feeling since knowing about Aquila it would allow for much more room for creativity since KingIsle seems to like Greek and Roman mythology, as do I. The Scylla fight was slightly difficult but after browsing the forums I found out that the reason so many Scylla spawn can appear is because of tokens so I used Old Man Frost some more and it worked. I'm also very happy about this because it's the first time I've finished a 101 game. I used to play Wizard but after a while it got too complex for me and my Wizard is stuck on the rooftops of Marleybone so :P Also, thank you for helping me complete the tower for the first time! Without that it probably would've been difficult for me to do the hydra fight because I finished it off with a SUPER WALK IN DARKNESS SUPER STRIKE which I got from the Tower Loot! It was great working with you all to complete the tower and I hope your week is fantastic as well.

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Dread Voyager

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
I feel ya, it's always a pain when no one can accept your general play style, mostly the people you beat XD!
In the end they are just that jerk who feels that since they are loosing now is a good time to throw out "Hides aren't fair" or "huh, an assassin strike those are too op" if they actually listened to themselves they'd realize they are insulting everyone since all classes powers have an equivalent in other classes, hide=trap Mournsong=Assassin etc. Most people tend to insult there weaknesses. Just make sure you don't let that ruin your victory. If they say no summons then say no whale/sky/etc. If they say no valor then say no leviathan, but really they are just those people that are insecure about you using certain powers :P
Don't let them cancel out your edges

Quite Jacques 65 Jacques 65 Kai 65 Finnigan Newton 65