Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Hope For Pirate101's Future?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Ok, it's been a while since I've been here. Admittedly, there's not been a lot to talk about, and I've been busy playing Wizard101's Lemuria. My activities on Pirate101 as of late have been... nonexistent. There's not really been a lot for Merciless Brian Ornsley to get up to.

BUT. There is one piece of news that is significant enough to bring me back here; it has been oficially announced that, beginning sometime in 2022, Pirate101 will finally, finally, finallyfinallyfinally finally, be getting updates again. Kingsisle is hiring again and an individual Pirate101 development team will finally be reestablished, in accordance with the pleas of myself and others.

Now, as much I want to start screaming words like vindication and jubilation, add exclamation marks to the end of every sentence, and finally set sail again at the helm of my lovely Mystic Protector... I can't do that yet. Past silence, a lack of interaction with us as the playerbase, and as-yet unfulfilled promises still make me upset at the current state of this game. But this news does give me... the satisfaction of knowing that this game has not been forgotten.

My overall message? A return to Pirate101 development is everything I have asked for. As of yet, I am... cautiously optimistic.

To the Kingsisle Developers, part of me wants to thank you. Part of me also wants to say a snarky comment about how long it has taken to get to this point. For now, I will do neither... and watch. The attention of longtime Pirate101 fans has been reignited, and we will be observing. Well wishes to you in the future.

To the new Pirate101 developers that are just being hired to work on this game, my warmest welcomes to you. Please forgive the quietness and bitterness you may have seen on these message boards; we've had a lot to be upset about. Rest assured, we are very excited to see the future that you will be steering this game into. Smooth sailing, welcome to the Spiral, and we hope that your experience will be a pleasant one.

Merciless Brian Ornsley, level 70 .