Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

An affirmation in good faith, just may be needed.

AuthorMessage
Developer
Willow, this is a moderated message board. If a thread exists here, you can rest assured that someone has read every post that appears (and quite a few that don't).

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
The thing that's frustrating is not the long wait, no teasers yet, no screenshots, no hints at Book 15, but the silent treatment KI is giving to the pirates. Seriously, Wizard101 has gotten 2 new updates chock-full of exciting new content this year, what do we get? Absolutely nothing. Not even an explanation why they've been quiet and giving us nothing. Maybe it's because of Rise & Destroy?

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I agree with willo many pirates just want acknowledgement that their words aren't falling on deaf ears it's been such a long time since our last update we can't help but be worried

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
I was away for a week at summer camp, I'm sorry I missed this thread's beginning.

Anyway, as always, thank you Valkoor for your incredible eloquence and grace in this area. Its REALLY sad to me that KI has not been responding to this thread. We know they've seen it, they moderate these boards, and they know that we just want them to acknowledge us. I left for a few months (fallen on hard times, didn't want to go, but 10$ a month just wasnt justifiable at the time) but i returned a few months ago. I know that W101 is the breadwinner for the family... but I firmly believe that P101 is the superior sibling... Its Just not been given a chance.

However, there comes a time when all of us have to reach a conclusion, and in my opinion, KI's Silence speaks volumes. no news IS NOT good news.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Willowydream on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
I was afraid it was going to be Ranked PvP based on Ratbeard's comments in that thread, so I was kind of prepared. However, I also want to agree that even acknowledging THIS thread would be a huge gesture on the part of ANYONE on KI staff -- Bonnie Anne? One-Eyed Jack? Ratbeard?

Blind Mew?

Decius?

#JuliefromKI

Joe the Janitor???

We just want to be acknowledged. Thank you!
i just had to yar this, #JuliefromKI is too good

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Lets all wait for the July newsletter. Since they already announced ranked pvp (In a way), they are going to keep up the excitement hopefully with a hint or picture. And remember, the ranked pvp update is most likely coming with book 15 and or 16. By implementing ranked pvp at the same time as new books, they can use those new ability and power opportunities to balance all the classes! At least makes sense in my head!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
zuto4011a on Jun 27, 2015 wrote:
how about a trade, i get riposte and you get repel
I'm afraid to say that we Privateers just wouldn't be able to make excellent use of Riposte like Swashbucklers would. Besides, when it comes to the three melee classes, themes is an important thing when it comes to Epics. Do you really think that such a high-profile class as a Privateer would fit into a counter-attack? I believe we need more Epics, but not to steal epics from other classes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
No takers, Sarah already has it, for me, it stinks.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Ratbeard on Jun 27, 2015 wrote:
Willow, this is a moderated message board. If a thread exists here, you can rest assured that someone has read every post that appears (and quite a few that don't).
That's nice. It's a shame no one from KI seems to care that a lot of players are growing increasingly frustrated and worried. The silence just says to us we don't matter to you in the least. From someone with 6 fully paid accounts with KI that doesn't make me feel very good at all. I enjoy wizard and was enjoying pirate a great deal, but it seems that my entertainment budget is being frittered away on pirate.

I don't think Valkoor (or anyone else) was asking a heck of a lot; just some sort of reassurance that the game was still going to be supported. And that maybe, someone give us just a hint that we and our concerns matter to you.

In my over five decades on this earth, I learned long ago that ignoring a problem and hoping it goes away never works.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
EMC99 on Jun 27, 2015 wrote:
Lets all wait for the July newsletter. Since they already announced ranked pvp (In a way), they are going to keep up the excitement hopefully with a hint or picture. And remember, the ranked pvp update is most likely coming with book 15 and or 16. By implementing ranked pvp at the same time as new books, they can use those new ability and power opportunities to balance all the classes! At least makes sense in my head!
What excitement? I'm seeing worry and concern, not excitement. Yay for the PVP players and all, but some of us would like to play the actual game.

I'm glad you can manage to be excited and hopeful, but I'm thinking now that the next book is never coming out. If it were, surely someone would have said something by now.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
I would rather swashbucklers did not have the opportunity to half peoples accuracy when you get close...

(They can already get repel boarders 2 with the manticore's sting and one of the bundle weapons, include 1 more, and they get repel boarders 3).

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
EMC99 on Jun 27, 2015 wrote:
1) Wait for the July newsletter? The fact that Frogfather has not put out his June Producer's letter is no cause for alarm? So, when July comes and the July newsletter says nothing about new worlds, then what? Wait for the August newsletter?

2) "And remember, the ranked pvp update is most likely coming with book 15 and or 16." Sorry, I don't share your optimism, so, no, I'm not going to remember that. Also, check your sentence structure. It can't come out with 15 and/or 16. It can come out with 15, or 15 and 16. Or neither. I'm betting on neither at this point.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
DuranteRamses87 on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
It is possible that maybe a big update is coming that is talking a lot of time. Or maybe there is some loose ends and frustrations on both sides. Perhaps the staff is tired too from demands that never seem to satisfy. Maybe they are on summer break. You can come up with many reasons for the delay. I love this game too but you have to understand sometimes things take time. I just got back from a trip myself. Maybe they are simply taking time off.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Summer break that lasted two years? Wish I had such a nice summer break.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Voodoo Cornelius on Jun 28, 2015 wrote:
I would rather swashbucklers did not have the opportunity to half peoples accuracy when you get close...

(They can already get repel boarders 2 with the manticore's sting and one of the bundle weapons, include 1 more, and they get repel boarders 3).
if they use that gear i dont have a problem with fighting them, that set up would not be good at all

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Max DeGroot on Jun 28, 2015 wrote:
1) Wait for the July newsletter? The fact that Frogfather has not put out his June Producer's letter is no cause for alarm? So, when July comes and the July newsletter says nothing about new worlds, then what? Wait for the August newsletter?

2) "And remember, the ranked pvp update is most likely coming with book 15 and or 16." Sorry, I don't share your optimism, so, no, I'm not going to remember that. Also, check your sentence structure. It can't come out with 15 and/or 16. It can come out with 15, or 15 and 16. Or neither. I'm betting on neither at this point.
To answer 2: I was saying that because no one knows how many books will be added to the next storyline update, but most likely one or two. Does that make sense?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Thanks, Ratbeard! Of all the posts in all the threads in all the forum, you "walked in" to mine. You know what we want to hear, so play it!

"It's still the same old story, a fight for love and glory, a case of do or die. The fundamental things apply."

As time goes by.... and we wait.... we have no exit visas...

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
With all due respect-- & please trust me when I say that I do possess a great respect for you, the KI team & all that KI does to bring us the systems & games that we enjoy tremendously-- but Willow was probably aware of the thread & posts within being read during moderation. However, being read & being addressed or offering up any response or reassurance, are surely not one in the same.

My intentions upon starting this thread were not to have posters throw negativity your way. Although, I'd be naive to say that 'I didn't see some of it coming'. That is not what I wanted...at all. Honestly I felt a duty to take it upon myself to shoulder the community's frustration(s). I don't want to come off as unappreciative towards KI & all that they have done for the players. But I also was willing to 'take one for the team', in hopes of just receiving reassurance from anyone at KI willing to stand up & 'take one for their team', in good faith. I still do not condone the bashing or any of the more angry tones within the thread or other forum threads. I just wanted to speak on behalf of the others that had concerns over the 'elusive Book 15 updates' & story continuation. Others have spoken up & I admire them for doing so, albeit I'd rather some had left the rudeness out. I also admire the staff at KI & that is why I was acting under the belief that someone at KI would be so gracious as to just provide some reassurance & hope, in regards to player concerns & frustrations.

Possibly there's nobody there that has the authority to speak on behalf of KI, in regards to addressing player concerns regarding the Book15/story line update(s). But I do appreciate Tom & Leala mentioning possible, future happenings in P101, during the recent KI Live.

Buuut, a few reassuring words in regards to the actual Book 15 update(s) would do wonders. Or at minimal, just a good ol' fashion PR announcement, stating that KI hears & supports us & appreciates our patience & concerns, would be truly nice.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
and this is why ratbeard is so cool peoples...out of everybody who reads these posts only he had the guts to write anything at all kudos ratbeard gotta say out of everything i have ever read that you have posted gotta say i agree with at least 80% of it.

ok, i dont want to add to your frustrations i too refuse to quest once my characters max xp bar(need for a maximum level never made sense to me anyway but eh)so it can be frustrating to just stop.

gotta have faith guys just gotta...if it goes belly up its our fault, grab irl friends buy them a gift card drag them into the cool places GET THEM ADDICTED to pirates...as others said revenue makes rewards...thus improvements happen.

this game is unbelievably fun challenging and awesome...its why we are still here..i think ki gets that too..and they need help too, everytime a bug happens they gotta stop the progression and fix the old maybe? idk the problem either but can we just get serious positive? for example, if ki does hint lets not immediately jump down there throats with book 15, book 15 all we need is book 15...bleh come on lets help them help us....

how about if they open a test realm.... please be calm lol JUST FOR BUGS.
like ok within a month any member could go on test realm find a familar glitching dungeon or whatever and make it happen on test? then immediately report and explain it? thats helps bonnie anne bug crew, gve them a few weeks to fix the important ones then open a different test realm for ideas? idk it late and i out of coffee lol

but try to have patience and lets all come up with ways we can help ki keep pirates alive...

ty for listening
stormy jen

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
Valkoor's got the general consensus of the community behind his back. I've paid for a year long subscription and have been hoping a vast majority of it doesn't get wasted (60 bucks is a lot, especially when you're paying for virtually nothing but the emotion of enjoyment). All I need right now is an answer from KI: all I need is a general approximation of when Book 15 will be out to assure me that I haven't wasted money!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
EMC99 on Jun 28, 2015 wrote:
To answer 2: I was saying that because no one knows how many books will be added to the next storyline update, but most likely one or two. Does that make sense?
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I understood 100% what you were stating, or meaning to state, and it does make sense. I think Max was just being analytical on his part, stating that it couldn't be the 15 'or' 16-- meaning that Book 16 couldn't come without the 15. However it was worded, I believe that the vast majority of us completely understood what you were getting at. I believe Max understood your original statement as well, I think he just, for some reason, felt the need to point out your very trivial wording mistake.

But I surely understood you, as I think most others did too. And Max, we're not all perfect, right-- I mean who would want that?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Valkoor - your composure and eloquence is unrivaled! And I generally agree with every sentiment you express in your posts here.

However, I do believe that my small attempt at levity -- the appeal to Joe the Janitor -- was what struck our dear Ratbeard as worthy of reply. I assume (unless Joe the Janitor is really in charge over there and told Ratbeard to get on the stick because I said the magic words) Ratbeard felt mine was the only post he could reply to without committing himself to a breach of their Code of Silence. I took it as a wink and a nudge. They are there, they hear us, they are simply unable to say anything about anything. I don't understand the gag order, but I think I understand where Ratbeard was coming from.

We know that the Wizard101 Test Realm is intended to run at least until the 10th of July, with the possibility of extension. We also know that the Test Servers are shared. Therefore, no Pirate101 Test Realm is even possible until mid-July at the earliest. Hopefully, the hints from KI Live's PvP match are a good sign, and the July Newsletter will contain even more joyous news to bolster our Independence Day celebrations. I'll buy an extra box of fireworks if that is the case!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Willowydream on Jun 29, 2015 wrote:
Valkoor - your composure and eloquence is unrivaled! And I generally agree with every sentiment you express in your posts here.

However, I do believe that my small attempt at levity -- the appeal to Joe the Janitor -- was what struck our dear Ratbeard as worthy of reply. I assume (unless Joe the Janitor is really in charge over there and told Ratbeard to get on the stick because I said the magic words) Ratbeard felt mine was the only post he could reply to without committing himself to a breach of their Code of Silence. I took it as a wink and a nudge. They are there, they hear us, they are simply unable to say anything about anything. I don't understand the gag order, but I think I understand where Ratbeard was coming from.

We know that the Wizard101 Test Realm is intended to run at least until the 10th of July, with the possibility of extension. We also know that the Test Servers are shared. Therefore, no Pirate101 Test Realm is even possible until mid-July at the earliest. Hopefully, the hints from KI Live's PvP match are a good sign, and the July Newsletter will contain even more joyous news to bolster our Independence Day celebrations. I'll buy an extra box of fireworks if that is the case!
Well Willow, who couldn't resist an appeal to Jan the Joenitor...I man Joe the Janitor?!

And unfortunately I ran out of character(s) in my previous post, because I did want to at least send out a 'Thank You' to RB for popping in to let us know that they are taking everything in. I certainly don't want to come off as not showing appreciation for his reply & gesture. I'm sure it is quite hard to bite your lip, or would it be finger tips(?), & not be able to say or post what you truly feel. I'm quite sure there are many words & posts from the heart (& gut) that Ratbeard, Bonnie, Jack & company would like to let fly...& surely not all of them would make it through even their own moderation. I respect & appreciate them a great deal, it takes a lot of patience & fortitude to do what they do, read what they read & to refrain from certain nefarious feelings.

But out of all the KI staff, my bet surely was on Ratbeard to at least acknowledge the thread & give a subtle wink. One thing that I've always respected about him was his moxy & the fact that he doesn't shy away from explosives...both here & in the game. Quite the sense of humor too, I might add...for a bearded rat, that is.

RB, you are always willing to chime in & give your own two cents when only dimes would do. I, & many others, certainly appreciate that-- greatly! Takes a noble & fearless soul to stand up & face the firing squad. I don't really want to put anyone on the spot, but I had to at least try to break the silence. If I ever were to come to work for KI (Valkoor the Janitor?...perhaps), it would be an honor to shake your hand. I have a feeling though, I'd first want to get a good look at what was in that extended hand.

But Willow, I'm still hopeful for at least that PR, good faith type of statement. I'm certainly not holding out for a statement in regards to the Book 15 updates...& I truly do understand why it may never come. Hopefully the statement will be in the form of a nearby Test Realm.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Thanks for reminding us, Ratbeard. Some of us may get worried about the devs' presence on the forums & the game's content development process.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 29, 2015 wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I understood 100% what you were stating, or meaning to state, and it does make sense. I think Max was just being analytical on his part, stating that it couldn't be the 15 'or' 16-- meaning that Book 16 couldn't come without the 15. However it was worded, I believe that the vast majority of us completely understood what you were getting at. I believe Max understood your original statement as well, I think he just, for some reason, felt the need to point out your very trivial wording mistake.

But I surely understood you, as I think most others did too. And Max, we're not all perfect, right-- I mean who would want that?
I can still remember the shocking surprise when Book 13 was launched with Book 14, too. I would presume we would have Book 15 with Book 16, having 2 Books in one storyline update again like before.

Let's also remember that the recent KI Live video showcased Rise & Destroy, the new mobile game KI's mobile team is still working on, seen in a trailer about that game I saw before. Looked really fun to play, but I would like to see a PC version of that game, too. Maybe... if their mobile team would be up for supporting both PC & mobile versions at once someday, that is.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
FireMorgan13 on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
I'd like to agree with you, except that W101 has a new test realm. That means the W101 development team was working, so why wouldn't the P101 team be working?

We haven't had a test realm since, idk November? December? W101 has had multiple test realms this year. Their last live update was in April. APRIL!!

Of course it's frustrating on their end. However waiting this long for an update won't help matters. A statement explaining the delay would be fine. I'd stop complaining(unless it's a really lousy excuse). Simply taking time off for over 6 months? Sry, but seems unlikely to me.

Sorry if it seems I vented some anger on you. I'm just losing patience with KI here.
I think I got angrier than I needed to and I don't give the KI devolpement team enough credit. I'm sorry for getting that angry and thank you, KI staff, for all the little updates that you've given us to show you care for us. Like the shrieking eel recently(btw nice reference). So thanks again for everything you do.

Also, Valkoor, I'd like to thank you for your comment. It helped me see I was being a bit harsh.