For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Best class debate

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 31, 2014
29
theprivateer12345 on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
where did you get that hmm?!?!?!?! yarr you must walk the plank! priveteers heal A LOT and they have so many buffs and heals. and they get the most companions where did you get that anyways?????
Its just fact. and are best, and Privateers cant fight. -Wolf

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
102
I love all of the classes, but my favorite is swashbuckler.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
116
Mussketeers for the win!!!!!

Brave Alexandra Armstrong

Hope to see you in the spiral!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
244
I'm not gonna say I think one class is the best but my favorite to play as has got to be Privateers. You can get interesting characters as companions, you can buff up your team with heals, crit chances, accuracy etc. which will help you end fights a lot faster (what good is Swashbuckler damage if you don't hit?). Also Emmett and Egg Shen are both adorable, as are Bill and Jane together. I feel like if you get lucky with your loot drops, Privateers can have fantastic damage. My max level has 299 which is certainly not the most but it's enough to make me happy. We also have good survivability which is always a plus, and the ability to give anyone a shield that absorbs over 1000 damage! I also like how proper Privateers are and how in the game Privateers are generally treated with respect as captains and commanders. This may be biased but Commodore is my favorite class trainer. He's pretty funny ("What's that? You need training? OHYESOFCOURSEYES") and I felt like Marleybone suited me well through the whole time. You see, I have a theory that all of the classes originated in different parts of the spiral. Here is my guess for all 5 [with current P101 worlds]:
Privateers- Marleybone, the proper Victorian England of the Spiral, where the dogs plan their next conquest to colonize the Spiral
Buccaneers- Aquila, the legendary Ancient Greece of the Spiral, where only the strongest survive
Witchdoctors- Mooshu, the mysterious Feudal Japan of the Spiral, where the Moodhist Monks have learned to harness the energy coursing through their veins
Musketeers- Cool Ranch, the dry Wild West of the Spiral, where chickens venture to fulfill their dreams of becoming rich and where Bison practice traditions long passed through their culture
Swashbucklers- The classy Renaissance Italy of the Spiral, where the Armada has managed to suck the life out of all of it's citizens and destroy any art that may bring the poor Unicorns any shred of hope in these dark times.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
244
It is at this point I would like to end my shpiel and say that all five classes will be essential in the fight to end the tyranny of the Armada. I appreciate all of my brawlers, sharpshooters, assassins, and mystics that have fought along beside me on my journey and thus all classes are the best.
May you have a fantastic week everyone!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Rebel with a Cause

Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
70
wiz11110 on Jan 24, 2013 wrote:
I highly disagree with you! Swashbucklers can disappear before their enemies, Do WAY more damage then buccaneers, they Sarah Steele who is way better then Kobe in all ways possible, they can jump over almost everything, and lastly, they can poison people and make them bleed. Swashbucklers for the win
Bristly Kevin
I disagree 100%

Buccaneers are known for their strength and toughness. Buccaneers have the least but strongest companions and they crit more without affect. They might not jump, poison, or sneak in the shadows. I see swashbucklers saying "Buccaneers aren't good!" But they have buccaneer weapons, and armor. And what makes swashbucklers strong is that they have more powers that make them have more critical attacks and stronger.
You know, Kobe is one of the strongest companions and I saw him on almost top 5 companions list and never saw a swash. Just Bucks, muskets, and witch doctors. I was in pvp 1v1 with a max swash and won on my belle de bouff person. boom
Buccaneers FTW (for the win)

Erin lvl 65

Belle De Bouff lvl 52

Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
70
Griffen Deverux on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Yes but we dodge and can move anywhere and use really really awesome moves
It doesn't matter on what it looks like. Buccaneers have stronger armor, weapons, etc. And they do cooler moves with amazing damage. I think Swash's just show off.

this is my opinion!

Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
70
Burly Bart Bellamy on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Privateers do NOT! do massive damage We have the least damage of all the classes!! Wheres the hecks did ya here that
Yes they do. Do you know how many cool traps they do and how much damage?

Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
70
Shayden181 on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
That's not that much damage, for that level my swashbuckler does about 160-200, Witchdoctor about 50-70. Also I would like to ask you, is your friend you?
No need to bully! All classes are good and no hate!

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
331
Erin The Buccaneer on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:
Yes they do. Do you know how many cool traps they do and how much damage?
Musketeers have traps, not privateers (excluding gear and practice points). And privateers don't do much damage, they don't have to, they are more supporting from the back then in the fray (usually).

Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
70
Griffen Deverux on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Yes but we dodge and can move anywhere and use really really awesome moves
Well buccaneers are known for strength and my opinion is that swash's just show of with their cool looking but non powerful attacks

Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
70
Here's mine!

1. Buccaneer 8-D
Because they are supposed to have the most powerful weapons, armor, and most damage! But they don't have very high dodge.

2. Privateer ^u^
Because of the epic damage in the trap attacks and the buffing! I just can't believe some of them do! Why do people hate them?! They do much damage!

3. Musketeer :)
Because of their accuracy and strong powers! I have a max swash that i had too years ago and a lvl 49 Musket killed me! I love them! but i don't like that they don't get cooler crit attacks :P

4. Witchdoctor :I
Because of they're cool FAR away attacks. I know what you're thing "WHY?!" but just I don't like that magical stuff and they don't do too much damage. I'm sry don't hate me!

5. Swashbucklers :((((
Because i don't like them one bit. (unless my really good friend on it) Some say buccaneers aren't good and they say that buccaneers are weak and they're using buccaneer weapons and armor! Also they show off and they do not to the most damage.

Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
70
Burly Bart Bellamy on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Privateers do NOT! do massive damage We have the least damage of all the classes!! Wheres the hecks did ya here that
I was helping a lvl 37 privateer and she did 908 damage from a epic attack!

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
331
Erin The Buccaneer on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
I was helping a lvl 37 privateer and she did 908 damage from a epic attack!
Was she using a power or was that a regular attack? Was she hidden? I have a level 50 Privy, and at an epic hit I will max at around 300, so a 908 power attack seems wrong.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10582
Erin The Buccaneer on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
Here's mine!

1. Buccaneer 8-D
Because they are supposed to have the most powerful weapons, armor, and most damage! But they don't have very high dodge.

2. Privateer ^u^
Because of the epic damage in the trap attacks and the buffing! I just can't believe some of them do! Why do people hate them?! They do much damage!

3. Musketeer :)
Because of their accuracy and strong powers! I have a max swash that i had too years ago and a lvl 49 Musket killed me! I love them! but i don't like that they don't get cooler crit attacks :P

4. Witchdoctor :I
Because of they're cool FAR away attacks. I know what you're thing "WHY?!" but just I don't like that magical stuff and they don't do too much damage. I'm sry don't hate me!

5. Swashbucklers :((((
Because i don't like them one bit. (unless my really good friend on it) Some say buccaneers aren't good and they say that buccaneers are weak and they're using buccaneer weapons and armor! Also they show off and they do not to the most damage.
My dear Erin,
Some of my best friends are buccaneers and I even play one myself. ( Although my main is a SB ). But I really must protest your open slander of Swashbucklers as a class. I think you've been hanging out in the Brawl Hall with some Trolls ( unfortunately SB Trolls ) too much.
As to doing damage, some of the best ( or worst, if you're on the receiving end ) is done by Swashbucklers, we are "deadly with the blade", after all. But this damage is done under a 'hide', for straight up, in your face damage a buccaneer is to be feared!
Esperanza Devereaux ( friend to all classes, usually ).

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
54
I can't really decide to be honest.

Witchdoctor is definitely my favorite, though. I like it because of the high range and whatnot. Not to mention the summoning comes quite handy at times as well. Swashbuckler, Musket, Privateer, and Buccaneer?
I love the other four all the same.

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
58
Let's face it: Swashbuckler is the best. Why? Because they have super high agility, the ability to jump over obstacles, extremely high damage, an ability that inflicts poison, and an ability that makes you disappear, become unable to be damaged, and then double your ALREADY INSANELY HIGH DAMAGE when you reappear. Not to mention that practically every player that you see in the game is a swashbuckler. I'd say about 9/10ths of my friend list are swashbuckler! =OP, simple math.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
222
First off, there is no best class. For anyone to argue otherwise just means he/she is highly passionate and biased to said class for their own rightful reasons. Now, if you were to ask what my most preferred class is: it'd be Buccaneer.

I prefer a little more defense than offense, I always hated relying solely on taking my opponent out before me. I once was a Swashbuckler but deleted him due to the fact that once you're out of your Powers, you're done. You have the lowest Accuracy in game, which makes landing your blows rather difficult and only 2 separate Talents; Riposte and First Strike. Buccaneers have Hold The Line, Vengeance Strike and Blade Storm, with slightly more Powers than Swashes and the most Talents in game. Some would argue "Swashes have the highest damage", well Buccs have the highest defense, which pretty much cancels that argument out. "Swashes have the highest Agility", well considering Musketeer is the only other class that even uses that stat, it's kind of hard to justify its versatility solely on a class's main stat alone.

Some other debates I've read are "Swashes can go invisible", so can any other class if they train for Walk In Shadows. You technically get about 4 of those Powers, which is actually the core to your power. Without them, Swashes wouldn't last long. When it comes down to the who can dish out more than who, Buccs technically win in overall damage. Swashes win in immediate damage, but Buccs have Rank 3 Blade Storm, which activates after a Critical and allows a Bucc to make a bonus sneak attack. So, in terms of damage I'd actually say they both are pretty even. Buccs also have Highland Charge, which allows them and their companions to move anywhere on the board for 2 rounds. If a Bucc goes first and uses this, the Swash is going to get a nasty beating before their turn even starts.

Like I said though, no class is perfect and no class is the best

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
91
Very few out there that I have ever met. Rare too see. I mostly see .

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
331
Fire lord on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys I will take a debate to see the best class you guys think guys is.I will take 50 votes i wont vote but i am between swashbuckler,witchdoctor,or buccaneer.But remember guys you can also vote for privateer and musketeer!
First let me say that all pirate classes are powerful if played correctly. Being somewhat of a pvp enthusiast, I have seen amazing performances by masters of each class. Having said that, I have a max from each class, but my Swashbuckler is my favorite. Mastering this class isn't as easy as one would think. It's a challenge for a Swashbuckler to beat the ranged classes because they often are able to hit you 2 or 3 times before you can even get within striking distance. Buccaneers are tough to beat because of their endless supply of shields and high health. Also, since the last update, Buccaneers are able to do big damage when their Bladestorm triggers after each critical. Privateers can buff every member of their team to the point of being almost invincible. What do Swashbucklers have? Speed, stealth and a heck of a knockout punch. Oh and...style. Lots and lots of style :D

Ensign
Nov 04, 2012
3
Erin The Buccaneer on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:
It doesn't matter on what it looks like. Buccaneers have stronger armor, weapons, etc. And they do cooler moves with amazing damage. I think Swash's just show off.

this is my opinion!
Lol swashbucklers have the highest damage and the highest damage attacks just except the facts. Buccaneer's are decent but not as good as swashbucklers in pvp or pve

Ensign
Oct 22, 2012
1
Hi I am a buccaneer in cool ranch and I think that buccaneers are a very good class to choose if you purchase walk in shadows and ghostwail(i think that's what it's called) because we are tanks arguably the second best damage in the game high block rates vengeance strike and blade storm and then get two other buccaneer companions to huddle around Bonnie Anne in a corner so Bonnie does damage with her special ability to all near targets and since she has low health the buccaneers will act as a wall also we get Kobe. *sigh* only if we had shadowstep , I'm looking at you one eyed Jack.

Little Lucas jenkins

Ensign
Jun 30, 2012
3
I think musketeer and swashbuckler are the best classes musketeer because he has a ranger weapon

Ensign
Jun 30, 2012
3
Here's my list
1. Musketeers
2.swashbuckelers
3.buckeneers
4 privateers
5.witchdocters i h a t e them

Ensign
Jul 13, 2009
4
JacobTHEPirate1243 on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
I highly disagree! Buccaneers are much more tough and more criticals and they get Kobe too

Jacob Underwood lvl50 buccaneer
Yeah but swashbucklers are basically the rogues they are supposed to be fragile but deal a lot of damage.

Dark Ethanvane Level 25