Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Clarify how the Team Up Ledger works?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 30, 2009
I've tried to start using the team up ledger at 800th run exactly by entering the throne room then leaving immediately which gave me credit for using the team up ledger without doing the fight and then the 2 known ranters here that never stop complaining about the badge noticed that and one of them reported me, Even though that's how the team up ledger works when it comes to 1 fight instances.

I've reported that when i noticed it on test realm back when it was up and it didn't get a fixed, Also pretty sure the ranting posts from the 2 guys here catched KI's attention at least and it didn't get fixed, So i thought that it is fine to use it and that's how it was intended. Until i got reported by them today and from a random girl in realm avery.

Now that i'm confused, And i'm asking One-Eyed Jack or Decius or Ratbeard, Could someone explain how does the ledger work? Is that considered an ''Exploit'' as the 2 ranters of the boards here are considering? Am i going to get banned? I've never broke a rule or used an exploit ever since I've played this game now for 5 years and pretty sure i wouldn't use this one to my advantage if it was considered an exploit. I'm so confused now, So a clarification about this situation from a KI employee would be great. I don't want to lose my account for something i don't know of. (I got reported on my main account, Not this one).

Thanks!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
This is a glitch, KI coded the badge to give progress when leaving a dungeon not upon completion. I really hate to say this but KI needs to take away badge progress from people. People who have more than 500 runs probably need to have progress taken away(maybe cutting them down to 150 runs or something like that, which they probably did before discovering this glitch) to make it up to people who have done the fights.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
It is an exploit but I believe it's not bannable. Essentially its like cabin glitch 2.0, however it is more cheap. Since its an in game glitch and poor coding by KI, and also since its not a third party hack, it would be wrong if you are banned by KI. Despite it being cheap, i dont believe you violated TOS. However please dont join dungeons and leave, as there is a possibility you may miss helping someone.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
PirateyLogan on Oct 7, 2017 wrote:
I've tried to start using the team up ledger at 800th run exactly by entering the throne room then leaving immediately which gave me credit for using the team up ledger without doing the fight and then the 2 known ranters here that never stop complaining about the badge noticed that and one of them reported me, Even though that's how the team up ledger works when it comes to 1 fight instances.

I've reported that when i noticed it on test realm back when it was up and it didn't get a fixed, Also pretty sure the ranting posts from the 2 guys here catched KI's attention at least and it didn't get fixed, So i thought that it is fine to use it and that's how it was intended. Until i got reported by them today and from a random girl in realm avery.

Now that i'm confused, And i'm asking One-Eyed Jack or Decius or Ratbeard, Could someone explain how does the ledger work? Is that considered an ''Exploit'' as the 2 ranters of the boards here are considering? Am i going to get banned? I've never broke a rule or used an exploit ever since I've played this game now for 5 years and pretty sure i wouldn't use this one to my advantage if it was considered an exploit. I'm so confused now, So a clarification about this situation from a KI employee would be great. I don't want to lose my account for something i don't know of. (I got reported on my main account, Not this one).

Thanks!
That's a very good question. If KI hasn't come out and said "anyone using this exploit is abusing our Terms of Service and will be banned." then I don't see why someone should report you.
OTH, maybe you shouldn't use this exploit as it's unfair to your fellow pirates using the team-up ledger.
It's one thing to do back to back runs of the Throne Room ( or Banquet Hall ) and another using what is most probably unintended.
It's a bug/glitch so don't use it, even if you think it's allowed. After all, if it get corrected, what if they remove those runs you've done with this glitch?

Ensign
May 30, 2009
RRRRZZZZ419 on Oct 8, 2017 wrote:
This is a glitch, KI coded the badge to give progress when leaving a dungeon not upon completion. I really hate to say this but KI needs to take away badge progress from people. People who have more than 500 runs probably need to have progress taken away(maybe cutting them down to 150 runs or something like that, which they probably did before discovering this glitch) to make it up to people who have done the fights.
I'm not sure, RRRZZZZ about removing the badges, I mean, You went for that ''glitch'' like everyone else as well. So. Unless you are completely fine with starting back from scratch. So

Ensign
May 30, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 8, 2017 wrote:
That's a very good question. If KI hasn't come out and said "anyone using this exploit is abusing our Terms of Service and will be banned." then I don't see why someone should report you.
OTH, maybe you shouldn't use this exploit as it's unfair to your fellow pirates using the team-up ledger.
It's one thing to do back to back runs of the Throne Room ( or Banquet Hall ) and another using what is most probably unintended.
It's a bug/glitch so don't use it, even if you think it's allowed. After all, if it get corrected, what if they remove those runs you've done with this glitch?
''It's a bug/glitch so don't use it, even if you think it's allowed. After all, if it get corrected, what if they remove those runs you've done with this glitch?''

I hope they're not going to remove those runs/reset my badge. That'd be a waste of time for grinding for a badge. I stopped it and went for banquet hall runs instead as of yesterday but i mean, If it's considered as an exploit i truly didn't know that it is an exploit. So resetting the badge and losing my progress for something that i wasn't sure if it's an exploit or not would be terrible to see.

Ensign
Jul 12, 2016
Since KI coded the badge to give credit upon leaving the dungeon, that means it was purposeful on their part, so KI by no means should take away badge progress. Whether KI should change the coding or not is a very different subject, but even if they entered and exited the throne room 2000 times or whatever, that's still a LOT of time invested into the badge to just take away. The throne room is already a very short instance and that's where most badge farm, so it's not like they cut out too much time by doing the glitch. I just don't think players should be punished for a problem on KI's end, if that's what they decide to call it.

So to recap, I'm not commenting on whether or not the coding should be changed, but I don't agree that players should have their badge progress taken away.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Coding the Ledger to give credit for leaving the dungeon rather than completing the battles actually penalizes those who routinely exit an instance by teleporting home or to Skull Island to sell their loot. Having to run down all of the floors of Sato's Tea House is not something we repeat, is it? Or back out of The Machine Core?

I believe there are changes to be made here.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
PirateyLogan on Oct 8, 2017 wrote:
I'm not sure, RRRZZZZ about removing the badges, I mean, You went for that ''glitch'' like everyone else as well. So. Unless you are completely fine with starting back from scratch. So
I did about 20 runs using that "glitch" yes. This was to see if it would work consistently, when I deemed yes I quit doing it. I mainly got my around 400 runs from spamming the Banquet Hall in Aquila, which doesn't require any fighting. If KI wants to take 20 runs off my total that is totally fine by me.

Ensign
May 30, 2009
I did about 20 runs using that "glitch" yes. This was to see if it would work consistently, when I deemed yes I quit doing it. I mainly got my around 400 runs from spamming the Banquet Hall in Aquila, which doesn't require any fighting. If KI wants to take 20 runs off my total that is totally fine by me.
Well i went for a large amount 2 days ago so it isn't fine by me. It'd be unfair to reset my badge over a coding mistake by a KI Employee. That wouldn't just affect me, It would affect others as well. We didn't know after all that this is a ''coding mistake'' and resetting our badges means that our time and effort went to waste. We shouldn't pay the bill because of a simple coding mistake from KI's side. I'd like to see them fix the ledger, Sure i don't mind it. But they can let us keep the badge at least because we didn't know. Not to mention, I reported it on Test Realm and AGAIN, They didn't fix it. So it doesn't make sense to ask KI to reset our badges for something that wasn't fixed OR we didn't know if it's a bug or not.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Maybe the Banquet Hall should be taken off the Ledger as it's not a "legit" dungeon; get rid of it's sigil, too.
Make it like Catbeard's Trial, non-repeatable.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 9, 2017 wrote:
Maybe the Banquet Hall should be taken off the Ledger as it's not a "legit" dungeon; get rid of it's sigil, too.
Make it like Catbeard's Trial, non-repeatable.
I disagree. The first time through, you have no idea it is like that unless someone tells you. Expecting a tough fight, you might be waiting for others to show up and help. Maybe you put it off if help isn't available. If people join your team up, you feel good to go in, then you find out. It also gives the helpful badge hunters a quick safe outlet for their efforts. If they want to tediously pop in and out of there all day, it is not hurting anyone, unlike entering a regular dungeon team up and immediately backing out of the dungeon. I guess they could remove the sigil, but that was part of what made it such a good joke. I have to confess, by the time I got my second pirate there, I'd forgotten it, and the joke got me again.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
The reason I'm against using this team up exploit/glitch is because a max level pirate could go in a dungeon and immediately leave leaving a low level pirate in the dungeon with more enemies to defeat which might very well cause them to die. If it wasn't for that, i'd be all for this glitch. With the banquet hall, there is no fighting required which is why I support spamming it over and over again.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Oct 10, 2017 wrote:
I disagree. The first time through, you have no idea it is like that unless someone tells you. Expecting a tough fight, you might be waiting for others to show up and help. Maybe you put it off if help isn't available. If people join your team up, you feel good to go in, then you find out. It also gives the helpful badge hunters a quick safe outlet for their efforts. If they want to tediously pop in and out of there all day, it is not hurting anyone, unlike entering a regular dungeon team up and immediately backing out of the dungeon. I guess they could remove the sigil, but that was part of what made it such a good joke. I have to confess, by the time I got my second pirate there, I'd forgotten it, and the joke got me again.
I was recently reminded that there are two "Banquet Halls" in this game. One in Hamamitsu Gardens in MooShu, and the other more infamous one in Aquila.
And, yes they are BOTH called "Banquet Hall". I hope no pirate exits the Hamamitsu one to get an easy credit to the badge.