Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday 10-21-16

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 20, 2011
My favorite memory of Pirate101 was when Valencia Part 2 was released. All these years we had been waiting for this update and EVERYONE was panicking that the game was shutting down and the game was being abandoned. I honestly was believing this too; I would always watch Wizard101 with envy, seeing it getting frequently updated and cared for while my favorite game felt like it was getting empty and more empty everyday...Then one day, during a KI Live, a speak peek to Valencia Part 2 was shown...and I was shocked. I didn't feel like this was actually happening! It felt too good to be real! I was so happy!! I remember I was in class, reading people's live-tweeting during KI Live, and struggling to keep in my excitement when I saw everyone suddenly tweeting about Valencia Part 2. It felt so magical sailing through Valencia's skyways again...

Thank you Kingsisle for giving us such a wonderful game. I hope to see more wonderful things in the near future

Ensign
Sep 07, 2011
My favorite Pirate 101 memory (and this is a tough decision) was playing in the Pirate 101 beta. It was so long ago but it feels so near. I entered the beta with high hopes and was ready to enjoy another MMO made by fabulous people. By the end of the beta my character was a swashbuckler in Cool Ranch and has an amazing time with the beta. The strategic combat, companions, and story is amazing. I have a lot of time on my hands so just in case the person reading this is interested in reading a long paragraph here you go. A second exciting moment for me would have to be entering Aquila (at the time it was the final world) and great of a feeling that was. This could go on for so long it could have an entire article written about the game and how wonderful it is though I want to save the sanity of the people reading through all of these.

Though I need to say this I have not been on the message boards that often and I never really took a good look at the pirate emojis. They are amazingly wonderful (yay for adjectives to describe how amazing these are).Sorry about that I digressed so far off the chart anyways continuing. Actually I have to use these .

Though one of my favorite things in the game as well as the game it self is the music. Listening to the epic, calming, and pirate like themes really brings out the games aesthetic. Going into Marleybone for the first time in game is quite menacing, when listening to the music and it makes things so much better than it already is. Thanks for the wonderful pirate tunes.

As of now things are more exciting going into Valencia part 2 and I'm excited to defeat Kane (and possibly take his mask from him, as a souvenir of the amazing fight of course ). I send lots of love and happiness to the amazing voice actors, writers, composers, and of course the hosts of KILive. I have stuck around with the game since then and always will thank you for four years of fantastic pirating.

Ensign
Oct 22, 2016
To be honest, I love every aspect of Pirate101! I've played Wizard101 since the year it came out, on an old account. Wizard101 had me hooked with all the magic and adventure it had to offer. But when Pirate101 came out... I don't even know how to explain how I felt! The thought of being a pirate with my very own crew, sailing the skies in search of gold and adventure had me very excited, to say the least. But once I actually started playing, I lost my mind. I've always liked the thought of being a target for a main enemy, especially if they probably knew something about me that I didn't, and getting to kick their butts right on, which Pirate101 gave me the ability to do. I felt as though my character had been prophesized to save the galaxy or something, another though that always excited me. But not only that. Pirate101 felt unique to me because I'd seen many things based around magic, but Pirate101 wasn't. This made me feel like I was getting a taste of something new, as i'd never played a pirate game before. Though I've yet to complete the game myself, I've seen snippets of what happens here and there, and can't wait to play all the way through on my account!

If I had to pick a favorite though, I'd chose the Armada. Original, I know XD But, like most things I favor in story lines, I love the armada because the though of something like them has never ceased to peak my interests; robots who were built to help nut have turned when they realized they had the power to. I have to say that the elites are my favorites though. Cold Deacon, unpredictable Phule, arrogant Rooke, mad Bishop, cunning Kane, and Queen. Their personalities make them seem so interesting, it's like they've put me under a spell and are pulling me further and further into the game so that I may learn more about them. But I must question: are they luring me into trap? To be honest, I don't care. They say curiosity killed the cat. I'll be the judge of that!

And one more thing: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIRATE101!

Ensign
Feb 14, 2013
My favorite memory of Pirate101 has to be exploring the different worlds. Each world has distinct characteristics that make each one of them stand out and be memorable. I remember after getting the different windstones, how amazed I was:The music, the environment, and all the characters play into the story, and made the experience much more enjoyable! I also enjoyed getting different companions along my journey because it felt like I had a connection with them. It was also very creative how the worlds incorporated different cultures and have the plot revolve around the classical tales of each of the cultures. There are so many memories that I have had but the ones I have listed were my favorite ones of them all I hope everyone has fun telling everyone their best memories!

Ensign
May 16, 2010
My favorite memory of Pirate101 has to be the excitement of the first launching of this wonderful game. I couldn't wait to sail the skies and defeat enemies and I still love it!, The companions are so cool and love to train my pets to see what awesome talent manifests. My ships are my pride and joy! and love to show them off!. Pirates101 is the best game ever and I love it!

Ensign
Nov 16, 2012
So when I first got the game that my friend recommended to me, I wasn't entirely sure I'd like it, yet here I am, writing a memory to enter a raffle for a Kane mask.

My favorite memory is probably getting my companion from a tribal crew pack. The styracosaurus like, Holkun Doomhorn (Yes. styracosaurus, I said the REAL name of the REAL dinosaur) It felt kinda nice to get back at my sister when she got the parasaurolophus like Lemba Moonskull (Another overly complex name of an ancient reptile) after like opening only 3 packs. Even though I probably opened 30 times more packs than her.

I thank ye for the game.And best luck to all in the raffle!

Ensign
Jun 22, 2010
My most memorable moment, was the first time I accidentally bottled my ship while I was on it and flying. I got left standing in the sky. It looked amazing, but frozen the game. I had to minimize my screen and close the game that way. I was hoping it wouldn't be messed up when I logged back in. Luckily I was in town near the last fountain. I am thankful the game developers put in fail safes for clutzs like me.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
My character is known a lot for helping others on the battlefield and for a long while I was on everyday offering my support skills just randomly around the spiral. I got a lot of joy from it just being with random people. Many times people didn't understand what I was doing or why I did it the way I did. Seemed different from what they did but the thing was, I needed to help. I am called to do it and require it. So when I was finished with some people. I found more people simply so I could satisfy the need I had to do so. I spent a lot of hours doing this and I had a lot of great battle moments and I stole many victories in the name of others but the best moment I had was not one of these long battles not a moment of glory or a great solo even though I like to tell these stories. It was this:

I had logged on after a long day's work and I was happy to see Esperanza and I explained to her that I had been busy with work and that I haven't had time to play as much. I still hadn't gotten my Bane of Kane badge. Then she asked me if I wanted help. I was completely and totally floored. I don't remember anyone else offering to assist me. Maybe it happened but I really don't remember. But, this really meant a lot to me. It is refreshing that you can still meet good people even in a game and that no matter how old you are you can still grow and change. I think by playing this game together we have grown a little. I can't speak for her but I hope she learned a little from me too. Through her support I have gained the courage to become a healer in real life and now I work with the poor and the homeless. There is much that can be done and there are many lives that can be changed just by offering words of encouragement and a hand of support.

I don't know how this does as an entry but it's okay I don't need the contest prize. I don't think it can top what I already won.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jul 12, 2014
Professor Falmea on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
Hello my wonderful Pirates,

We’ve had so much fun celebrating the fourth birthday of Pirate101, and I sincerely hope you enjoyed watching our recent KI Live where we played through (quickly thanks to some great assistance) the final battle with Kane and focused in on Pirate101.

Here it is if you missed it: https://youtu.be/TTCd3HVkgh4

During KI Live we also showed off a cool mask that Kat Wenske, our associate producer of sound, had designed specifically to give away to a lucky Pirate101 player! (You can see this mask at the 23:00 minute mark on the YouTube video.) In those regards this Falmea Friday is not only asking for feedback but will also serve as your entry into our contest!

Please write us a paragraph or two (no more than that though! There is a limit here on the message boards J) and let us know your favorite memory from the past four years of Pirate101.

Rules are as follows:

- Only one entry per person
- Reply on this thread on this message board to be entered (entries or replies to our social media posts or our YouTube video do not count).
- You have between now and October 30th, 2016 to make your entry message.
- Do your best! (this will ultimately be a raffle, but if you wrote some meaningless two word scribble, we’ll keelhaul your entry.)
- Make sure your email is up to date on your account. This is how we will contact our winner! If we can’t get ahold of you, then we’ll be unable to ask you for more details.
- You must feel comfortable giving us your mailing address when contacted! The mask will need to be shipped to you, so if you’re under the age of 13, get the permission of your parent or guardian.
- Don’t include your contact information in your entry! (your forum username should give us enough information to track your email down.)
- The winner will be announced at the end of this thread.
- If you have any other questions, please contact us at community@pirate101.com.

Best of luck and I can’t wait to hear your wonderful memories!

Until next time, stay sharp and sail true, my Pirate friends!
My favorite memory is from when I heard about Valencia 2 was announced and brought to the PTR. I was like WOAHHHH we are gonna murder Kane :D. Also shoutout to Aquila, Unfair Blaze Leech.

Ensign
Jun 27, 2010
I have many, many fond memories over the years to choose from. But I think I really can narrow it down to one event. The very first time I got the task from Prospector Zeke in the tavern in Skull Island. Marquis Mark was the the contact. I think it took me a solid 30 minutes to stop laughing when he says, "Say hi to your mom for me". I fell in love with the game at that point. The "tongue in cheek" humor, the rich worlds and surprisingly solid story line, all these things I've enjoyed. But that one moment completely set the mood for me.

Ensign
Aug 15, 2009
My favorite moment in Pirate101 would be the General Tso's Chicken fight. It was the one of the most challenging fights in any video game I've played. The very simple objective of getting to the Chicken along with the joke was a very nice combo.

Ensign
Jan 25, 2012
To begin with, I am an adult player and my wife got me into playing Pirate 101 just about 4 years ago when it came out. Once I started, I was hooked and she had played Wizard 101 for a few years already. She was a witchdoctor and I tried a Privateer, mainly because I never heard of one before and liked healing powers. As I progressed thru the storyline, I was amazed with the new worlds I was discovering and the quests we'd go on together, as in life. My favorite memory in the past 4 years is all the people I helped along the way in their own progression. I guess it'd be normal being a privateer and all. Now I know what that class was ;) The best times was running through Moo Shu when max level was 50, pvp JUST came out and I played as a team and helping buff all my friends and their companions into super OP status. Happy 4th Pirate 101, lets get it going strong again and have many more years to come. Cheers!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
How to choose only one...

Let's start at the beginning. I missed the test realm by one day, and then tried the new P101 after playing Wizard 101 one evening. Expecting Pirate to be a nothing but a clone of Wizard, I was thrilled at the whole concept of the new game. Companions, combat, an actual story line, the great animation, the voices, the best villains ever. I had FUN! I told my wife (who was initially uninterested) to try it and she had fun! Lord alone knows how many hours of my life I have since poured into this game, but that first experience and losing myself in the wonder of this new world and gameplay literally changed my life. The first game I ever even looked at a message board, let alone became part of... Writing stories about the characters... All this because that first experience of play was so unbelievably awesome. Thanks KI!!!

Ensign
Aug 01, 2015
Professor Falmea on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
Hello my wonderful Pirates,

We’ve had so much fun celebrating the fourth birthday of Pirate101, and I sincerely hope you enjoyed watching our recent KI Live where we played through (quickly thanks to some great assistance) the final battle with Kane and focused in on Pirate101.

Here it is if you missed it: https://youtu.be/TTCd3HVkgh4

During KI Live we also showed off a cool mask that Kat Wenske, our associate producer of sound, had designed specifically to give away to a lucky Pirate101 player! (You can see this mask at the 23:00 minute mark on the YouTube video.) In those regards this Falmea Friday is not only asking for feedback but will also serve as your entry into our contest!

Please write us a paragraph or two (no more than that though! There is a limit here on the message boards J) and let us know your favorite memory from the past four years of Pirate101.

Rules are as follows:

- Only one entry per person
- Reply on this thread on this message board to be entered (entries or replies to our social media posts or our YouTube video do not count).
- You have between now and October 30th, 2016 to make your entry message.
- Do your best! (this will ultimately be a raffle, but if you wrote some meaningless two word scribble, we’ll keelhaul your entry.)
- Make sure your email is up to date on your account. This is how we will contact our winner! If we can’t get ahold of you, then we’ll be unable to ask you for more details.
- You must feel comfortable giving us your mailing address when contacted! The mask will need to be shipped to you, so if you’re under the age of 13, get the permission of your parent or guardian.
- Don’t include your contact information in your entry! (your forum username should give us enough information to track your email down.)
- The winner will be announced at the end of this thread.
- If you have any other questions, please contact us at community@pirate101.com.

Best of luck and I can’t wait to hear your wonderful memories!

Until next time, stay sharp and sail true, my Pirate friends!
My favorite memory from Pirate101 was from part two of Cool Ranch. I liked the quests with the Magnificent Seven. I also liked the Miranda dungeon and I liked finally finding another piece of the map. Cool Ranch is my favorite world because I like how all of the characters talk and I like the Stagecoach. I really like all the companions you get from Cool Ranch too. El Toro is my favorite companion and I love how you eventually get him. I also love the companions you get from the Magnificent Seven. I think that Bosun Budd is also a really good companion because of his star fish powers. My favorite specific memory from Pirate101 is going to the Haunted Skyway because it looks so different from all the other skyways in Cool Ranch and because you just finish the storyline with the Magnificent seven and get one or two as a companion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Oct 30, 2016 wrote:
My character is known a lot for helping others on the battlefield and for a long while I was on everyday offering my support skills just randomly around the spiral. I got a lot of joy from it just being with random people. Many times people didn't understand what I was doing or why I did it the way I did. Seemed different from what they did but the thing was, I needed to help. I am called to do it and require it. So when I was finished with some people. I found more people simply so I could satisfy the need I had to do so. I spent a lot of hours doing this and I had a lot of great battle moments and I stole many victories in the name of others but the best moment I had was not one of these long battles not a moment of glory or a great solo even though I like to tell these stories. It was this:

I had logged on after a long day's work and I was happy to see Esperanza and I explained to her that I had been busy with work and that I haven't had time to play as much. I still hadn't gotten my Bane of Kane badge. Then she asked me if I wanted help. I was completely and totally floored. I don't remember anyone else offering to assist me. Maybe it happened but I really don't remember. But, this really meant a lot to me. It is refreshing that you can still meet good people even in a game and that no matter how old you are you can still grow and change. I think by playing this game together we have grown a little. I can't speak for her but I hope she learned a little from me too. Through her support I have gained the courage to become a healer in real life and now I work with the poor and the homeless. There is much that can be done and there are many lives that can be changed just by offering words of encouragement and a hand of support.

I don't know how this does as an entry but it's okay I don't need the contest prize. I don't think it can top what I already won.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I wasn't planning to reply to any comments in this thread because Professor Falmea had explained that this thread is for contest entries only, but your post touched me deeply, Dante.
Pirate101 often seems much more than a pleasant way to pass your time; it has touched many people in all walks of life and all over the globe ( as long as they're able to speak English ). We get to play HEROES with amazing skills and abilities, we get to be who we want to be deep down in our beings.
Esperanza Devereaux

Ensign
Dec 10, 2008
I'd have to say my favorite memory over these years was finally beating General Tso. I began the battle about 2 years ago and thought it would be simply. Boy was I wrong! I fought and fought and fought and had friends and henchmen and all kinds of different attack methods but none of them worked. Eventually I stopped playing the game and about a year and a half later I started playing again. Best decision I've made while playing this game. I, after months of trying, FINALLY beat General Tso and now I am helping Marlyebonians save their skyways! I remember the moment where I finally beat Tso, I jumped out of my chair and was super excited, dancing around my room and cheering. My brother must have thought I was crazy!

I LOVED Wizard 101, I began playing back in 2008 when Dragonspyre was still in beta and when Pirate101 came out I was elated. To think that I gave up just because of some battle was crazy and I am once again enjoying this amazing game, loving every moment and making new favorite memories. I'm glad to say I'm once again a member of this amazing community and I cannot wait for Pirate101's fifth birthday!

- Cruel Kai Gunwhale

Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
My favorite memory of this game was getting Captain Blood's robe on the first try. This made the rest of my solo questing so much more convenient as I didn't have to rely on others to continue lol. Another memorable moment was farming pillows for 10,000 crowns during the pillow fight event. Spent about 8 hours nonstop mostly by myself, so that was a pain but paid off later. This game is amazing.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2009
My Pirate101 favorite memory was back in 2013 it was the year I graduated high school. But sadly also the year I laid my service dog Emily, to rest. Between these 2 points, I made it to Aquila with Bonnie and Sarah as my main companions. I felt so accomplished for having these two as my main companions all the way from Skull Mountain to Ithaca and I can't wait to see what the future of the game holds.

See you in the skyways pirates.
Fearless Seth Whitman.

Ensign
Jul 12, 2010
I've come to really enjoy this game, not just for it's play style, but it's colorful characters and enveloping story. The puppet theater narratives were some of my favorite parts as it allowed me to really steep myself in not just the tale at hand, but the history of the worlds and the layers of personality for many characters. This is what really led me to start writing again, with a desire for a deeper look into a character's mind and really see the complexity of a person. There were also many aspects of this game that allowed me to unleash my creativity and see the countless possibilities before me. All I had to do was put pen to paper and imagine. Of my four years of playing Pirate101, my fondest memory is not a brief moment, but instead all the times that this story inspired me to write.

Ensign
Jul 23, 2011
Oh man.. I remember way back in 2012 I had a pirate named Awkward James. This was even before the bazaar came into Pirate101, and there wasnt a ranked PvP yet. I was a popular pirate who would be in the Practice PvP arena and I always helped others out with any quest they needed help with, I was a really helpful pirate until I got banned in 2013. Now, I just look back at it and smile on how helpful I was to others. (I still am today of course ) -Adam Nightingale

Ensign
Jul 20, 2009
I have to say that my favorite memory is probably when you had the livestream revealing Valencia part two. I was really fond of Tom's whole approach to get everyone hyped up by wearing a steampunk-styled costume. And I laughed quite a bit when Kane made an appearance and decided to rather sassy when he answered questions. It made me very excited for the final piece of Valencia.

Ensign
May 13, 2010
My favorite memory in Pirate101 was getting into Mooshu. After completing the Cool Ranch storyline (which is about a quarter of the game!) I was super excited to unlock a new world. I had completed Mooshu in Wizard101 already and was excited to see what aspects of Mooshu Pirate101 was able to add. The best pun in Mooshu was threatening General Tso's Chicken in order to beat General Tso. Thank you so much for creating a game that I have been able to enjoy for many years!

Ensign
Nov 14, 2015
My dearest memory is probably when I bought my Goronado companion. I tried so dearly to get the badge from Gortez because I loved the idea of having an identical gorilla following me around, guiding me towards victory. He is everything I love in a companion and I ask for nothing more than an upgrade to the golden armor that Gortez now wears.

Ensign
Aug 24, 2013
I have lots of favorite moments. I am a disabled grandmother. I am not able to do much fun "stuff" with my grandchildren. They introduced me to Wizard and Pirate. We have had so much fun and have bonded so much during our time playing pirate. It also makes me the "cool grandma", which is a fun thing to be
If I have to pick my favorite area of pirate 101, it would have to be Cool Ranch. I'm sure that is because my generation grew up with cowboys and outlaws.
I am looking forward to more adventures. I have more grandchildren on the way!!

Ensign
Feb 21, 2011
My best memories of the Pirate 101 are being able to play together with my boys. We got to feel the energy of exploring new lands. Fighting great battles (like defeating Rook) to struggling to get enough stripped meat for the tribe in Cool Ranch, while dying many many times before finally winning. To watch and be part of a team that started as newbes and progressed to winning in PVP. Every new area is a time spend mastering the game and bonding with family