Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday 7-22-16

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Jul 23, 2016 wrote:
As a pet nut - would love to see more control over what skill and talents our pets get when you morph them together. Do have to say that morphing over 2000 times to get the pet i want (and still failing) is a bit much.

And how about a division of realms / so that all the PVP crazies can go there and gloat / and other realms where PVP is not allowed (including that gear) so PVE players can be happy
Meh, just avoid the Brawlin' Hall, if ye don't want to meet the scurvy, swaggerers of PVP!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Logansan on Jul 24, 2016 wrote:
7. One click mounting so you can mount or unmount without having to go into your inventory.

8. A special quest story to promote a “pet” into a “companion”.

9. A new class. To help avoid the high amount effort this would require in changing the existing story lines, possibly only granted once you have at least one level 70 pirate and the new pirate starts at level 50.

10. Teleporters like the existing portals that port you between houses, not just within the existing one. I actually thought the existing ones did this before I purchased them and found they didn’t. Would give you reason to have more than one house.

The one thing I personally would not want to see is anything that will require you keep track of additional information just to continue to be viable in completing quests. I play P101 to relax, I don’t want it to turn into something that requires “work” like some other major MMOs have in the past. Not that expect things would go down that path.
10. Teleporters DO teleport you between houses.
a. go to house you want to teleport to.
b.select teleporter from inventory, this will give you the mark where you will port to. Place mark.
c. go to house you will teleport from and set up the actual port.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Jasmine3429 on Jul 23, 2016 wrote:
The idea of adding every side activity from wiz to pirates just really turns me off. If i want to fish, garden, craft I go over to wiz and do it.

I feel pirates needs something unique, but I do understand people love familiarity.
Not every pirate play wizard. Its not about familiarities, its just Pirates dont have any side activity whatsoever.

We need customization too, its not like Wizard invented that feature.

Ensign
Nov 10, 2012
i would really like to see pet games like in wizard101 for example a game where you need to board the enemy ship and steal the pet snacks

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
Hey maybe a upgrade on armor and weapon appearance? Pirates are ruthless individuals and their clothes and weapons are too. KingsIsle it would cool if you guys update new clothes and weapons to look more ruthless and flashy. Most likely starting from level 70, then up.

Has anyone brought up enchanting lately? Or is that type of feature not appropriate for younger players? Just curious.

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Heya Falmea!

Great to see you here once again! I'd LOVE the quest finder function to be introduced into Pirate101. Right now it's very hard to find side quests and being a completionist, quest finder would make my travels much easier. Plus, I think I've been spoiled by the feature in Wizard101. ;)

Thanks for all you do!

~Virtuous Vanessa (Vanessa Mythdust)

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Logansan on Jul 24, 2016 wrote:
7. One click mounting so you can mount or unmount without having to go into your inventory.

8. A special quest story to promote a “pet” into a “companion”.

9. A new class. To help avoid the high amount effort this would require in changing the existing story lines, possibly only granted once you have at least one level 70 pirate and the new pirate starts at level 50.

10. Teleporters like the existing portals that port you between houses, not just within the existing one. I actually thought the existing ones did this before I purchased them and found they didn’t. Would give you reason to have more than one house.

The one thing I personally would not want to see is anything that will require you keep track of additional information just to continue to be viable in completing quests. I play P101 to relax, I don’t want it to turn into something that requires “work” like some other major MMOs have in the past. Not that expect things would go down that path.
8. Promoting pets to companions wouldn't work because so many pets have grants of powers for their pirates. And no companion in this game grants powers ( stat boost, yes. But not powers ).

Ensign
Nov 01, 2014
more companions promotions please, like mooshu

Ensign
May 30, 2010
Could we have hunting quests?
For each world we have to exterminate a dangerous creature that has a bad history.

This could be much like defeating dyskalos in Aquila. Defeating him is a challenge, but it's a cool little quest.

These could yield rare items, like crafting reagents.

Fishing in Pirate would just be awesome.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Jasmine3429 on Jul 23, 2016 wrote:
The idea of adding every side activity from wiz to pirates just really turns me off. If i want to fish, garden, craft I go over to wiz and do it.

I feel pirates needs something unique, but I do understand people love familiarity.
Actually, side activities like fishing and crafting are in most video games in general - not just Wizard101 (and surely, they could have more of a pirate spin on it). However, yes, having more unique pirate activities never hurts either.

Back to the thread: along with new clothes (maybe some gothic Victorian style clothes, pretty please?), how about some more accessories? Maybe an eye patch vendor and more earrings and masks?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, I think there are many things that are well loved in W101 that should be brought over to P101 &/or adapted from it, & new ones, too.

- An equivalent to the Skeleton Key secret boss system from W101, with new custom-made unique loot, new badges, badge rewards, so on, because, I really like the secret boss system in W101, so why not have an equivalent to that in P101, too? Plus, I would really like to see more new secret bosses in P101. We only have one, & it's very boring to face one secret boss over & over again. Please add that in!

- More new bundles. I really wanna see more new bundles in P101, especially new housing gauntlet bundles, 'cause they each have uniqueness in it, like their own stories, enemies, bosses, & even badges by winning them. That's what I really wanna see in P101!

- Dungeon Zones. I sent my idea about Dungeon Tales, packs of side dungeons & gauntlets that come in Volumes, with new adventures that give out plenty more for Pirates to do, side stories to see, & even lots more new rewards & treasures to take. Even the Skyways have interesting places to have Dungeon Zones.

- More new booster packs. It's been so long since we've had new booster packs in P101. They're really amazing, & I would really love to see more new booster packs in P101!

- Side story arcs. In akin to W101's side story arcs in side worlds, I would like to see some side story arcs in P101, complete with new worlds, new companions, & new adventures to embark. Let's not forget, more treasures to see & plunder!

- One-Shot Dungeons/Gauntlets. They're a hit in W101, so having them in P101 would bring up many possibilities with these One-Shot housing Dungeons/Gauntlets, like new adventures, boss rematches, & such. You should really add these to P101!

- Dungeon Checkpoints. We may need them sooner or later. With longer dungeons possible, we should have these in P101. May help to those trying to complete them in 1 day or more. Add these in.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Ok so I have thought of a new idea to make side quest companions more viable and unique, and even add a tiny bit of backstory they miss out on due to gold promotions

How about for example when looking at Shiruku Neko she has a description saying something along the lines of

"Shiruku Neko likes to wait it out and hide in shops, and when the owner leaves, steal everything without a care. Shiruku does 0.5x more damage when hidden"

It can be creative and shed light on cultures and fighting styles

Monquistador Explorer: "from a young age Don Gonzalo Munoz was taught to guard the Royal Family with his life when he enlisted to be a soldier in the Royal Guard, this little fellow deals 20% more damage when his health goes below 50%"

It can open up the beginning of a companions journey and show their cause for good

Nurse Quinn: "From a young age Quinn wished to countinue her mother's and her mother's before her legacy in nursing, Quinn spent a lot of time practising her medical endeavours, on herself! Nurse Quinn has a chance to restore her health to full once falling below 75% health"

These were surprisingly quick for me to come up with and if coding it in isn't a pain this would be a great way to make companions viable and offer some information about the companion

Ensign
Feb 25, 2015
Connor Templeton on Jul 23, 2016 wrote:
From what i have seen everybody posting in here most of the things people have said is that they want stuff that is already in Wizard To list off everything i have seen so far.

-Team Up Kiok
-Quest Finder
-Crafting
-Fishing
-Item Lock
-Equipment Sets
-Quick Sell
-Add Doubloon Tab to Bazaar
-Housing Tours
-House Display for gear(Armor stands,Weapons on walls)
-Gardening
- Daily Assignments
-Side World
-PVP Tournaments
-PVP Spectating
-More PVP Battle modes
-Member Benefits for Pirate
-More houses and housing items
-Packs
-Music player for pirate
-Tapestries

A lot of these things are small quality of life additions that wouldnt be terribly hard to replicate. As for my suggestion. I had this idea of adding a system that involves a treasure hunt around the spiral. Could be tied into daily assignments but a hunt that involves solving a puzzle or something like a portion of a map with an image of a world area in order to find the hidden loot or even a riddle. For a pirate game we dont actually do much treasure hunting besides fighting people and getting to el dorado.Another thing i have wanted for a long time is a pirate version of Grub Guardian to level my pet on the go. Of course the biggest thing to keep people occupied would be a side world.
members already do have a boost in game, we get extended friends lists for example. there's some other boosts and i'll leave a link to that so you can have a look. Quirky Destiny Templeton

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/pirate_game_membership

Ensign
Jan 21, 2014
strubbersisbae on Jul 25, 2016 wrote:
members already do have a boost in game, we get extended friends lists for example. there's some other boosts and i'll leave a link to that so you can have a look. Quirky Destiny Templeton

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/pirate_game_membership
I was saying more along the lines of membership benefits as in things that come back from time and time again. Like how wizard has free training point buyback,Free pvp,double pet rewards,etc. I think once pirate has more side activities (and more players) kingsisle could do these across both games.

Ensign
May 24, 2013
I've notice something about the first story arch about how it talks mostly about our mother, Jenny. In the second story arch, will we learn more about our father, and how he became a pirate. Don't give me wrong, I love every bit of learning more about the family, so that's why I kinda want to learn more about our father as well.

Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
Another thing that I've been thinking of is a way to pause your fights. (At least when you are soloing). Many a time, I have been in a middle of a fight, and something comes up. I have to take the dog out, or its time for dinner, something like that. And I just have to quit, and start over again whenever I come back to i. So I think it would be nice if there was someway to pause the fight, then come right back to it when you log back on.

(In fights with more than one player, this option would be turned off)

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
the Fearless Devil on Jul 23, 2016 wrote:
First, what is "Team Up Kiosk"?

Second, Fishing? Crafting? Alchemy? What? You can only fish with magic thing-a-ma-joos. Pirates may have fished in real life, but this is the spiral. Crafting is plausible, but isn't alchemy a wizard thing?

Third, why do we need a mount system when you can put them in your house? And why put your companions in jobs when you can do it with mounts?

I guess that's it, really.

However, IDK what I'd want to add, and I haven't even got that far (my furthest character is a level 24 witchdoctor).
Clearly you never been on Wizard101; Team Up Kiosk is when players can team up with other waiting members. Thought that's already existed in both games.

Fishing makes sense in Wizard101, and I feel that Pirates need a way to fish without using magic. Of course that means either setting up fishing havens to catch fishes we found in Wizard101 (Barely any sections to fish in pirate) OR give pirates the ability to fish in the skyway for breeds of fishes that exist in the clouds. (fishes in storm clouds can be equal to lava fishing)

Crafting in Pirate101 is consider Tinkering/Alchemy. But what this game needs is a side school (Just like in wizard101 with astral and shadow magic) that teaches us how to pull off certain tinkering tricks and/or make useful items. It could be something like scavenging, only the tutor is in Valencia and he teaches you how to set up more bombs, make clockwork companions show up, and so on.

Finally, we just need more side content but make it in the form of a new world that may be totally unrelated to the storyline

Ensign
Aug 29, 2014
I agree with all the others that have mentioned kiosk. Considering plunder chests show up when there is more than one in a dungeon it would mean getting access to a plunder chest more often. Well except for those times when there are more than two people for a two lock plunder chest. Though I haven't been able to team up too often, most of those times with more than two I have been the slowest of the group.

Ensign
Dec 12, 2012
- New pirate class
- Card packs/ new prepaid cards
- Giant gold fish store ( personal pet store that other's can purchase from others )
- Bigger skyways like Cool ranch
- More side Quests
- Daily Quests
- We need more sea monsters for teaming up with ships!
- More scrip items!
- Another Tower dungeon like Moo manchu

i think everyone else covered pretty much everything else.

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
Thought of some more stuff

- A new class of pirate (We have that one pesky open spot)

- A daily quest or bonus items for members

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
More Suggestions:
A New Pirate Class!

~~~~~~~
Example:
Corsair
-----
Maybe like a hybrid pirate? idk or something that goes beyond the lines of the others.

2 Player mounts!

New worlds!

New bundles!

New crownshop items that aren't eyepatches, although my scurvy collection is quite neat.

An App on all devices that allows people to access the message boards

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Perhaps all companions could have "special abilities" (kinda like pets do) that help them stand out more. This could allow side companions a bit more on par with the undoubtedly strong story companions.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
I like most of these ideas!

Here are things that haven't been mentioned much:

- Make the pirate jump actually useful. Extend its height and range and have areas where you need to jump over things.

- Make ship combat more varied. For instance, the Olympian wheel does team heal instead of solo heal. Make it so that it's not just pressing 1, 2, 3, and 4 over and over again until you win. There should be some strategy. It would also be cool if cannons, anchors, and rudders somehow got powers for ship combat to help out with this.

- In the same way that you can inspect a pirate's personal gear, let there be another tab that allows you to see their ship parts.

- Have squid vicious give out daily quests for scrip after people have bought at least 1 item from him. This encourages people to log in daily.

- Put a scroll bar on the friends list so pirates are not constantly clicking on the down arrow. Also allow players to see when their friends have last logged on, so friends slots aren't taken up by inactive pirates.

- Add an NPC that is a biologist who hangs out in the circus maximus. If you pay him gold/scrip, he can reveal to you what your pets' dormant talents and powers are. This would be a huge help because once a pet reaches 700, everything is epic or ultra rare and it's very difficult to tell whether that top talent is grants blade storm or flanking 2, etc.

- Add shooty/stabby, shooty/slashy, and shooty/staffy pvp weapons for champions.

- Add ranked pet pvp with unique rewards for 'pet' champions. Right now there's not much incentive to pet spar...

- Add gear with 'grants first mate (something).' It would be incredibly fun giving assassin's mist to old scratch or true grit to bonnie.

- Add gear that has trade-off stats. For instance a very heavy piece of armor that gives plus 10 strength and plus 60 armor but minus 10 agility.

- Give a multiple account discount for people who pay yearly, not just monthly.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
anecorbie on Jul 24, 2016 wrote:
10. Teleporters DO teleport you between houses.
a. go to house you want to teleport to.
b.select teleporter from inventory, this will give you the mark where you will port to. Place mark.
c. go to house you will teleport from and set up the actual port.
Thanks Anecorbie, I obviously was doing something wrong when I first tried it, I'll have to try again.

Ensign
Aug 04, 2010
One thing I will say is REALLY useful (I have no idea how you guys came up with the idea but I love it!) in W101 that P101 needs is the QuestFinder. Everything else is nice, sure, but for the players (comme moi) who like to do any and all quests possible, it can be difficult to go all over each world every 5 or 10 levels to see if a new side quest has popped up.

Aside from that, just wanna say you guys are great! The updates are AMAZING! Everything you guys are doing here is just wonderful.