Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Funny Dialogues

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Have you guys ever laughed at what some of the characters said in the game?
I have, some of my favorites are:
Blind Mew - Take possession of that deathtrap - I mean boat
Bonnie Anne - So this is Gullet? What an interesting smell they've discovered
Ratbeard - WHAT? (The dialogue scene with the mermaids in Aquila)
Mormo - Mormo Approves
Many more too... especially all the grave puns in the Ruined Lighthouse XD
What were your favourite dialogues, or the dialogues you thought were the funniest

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
I got three.

The Crane Monk that gives you a few quests dealing with the Black Hand Monks.

I don't remember his lines but that's not point. It's not the actual dialogue that makes it funny, it's the voice actor. When I first heard his lines, I burst into laughter. It's like the voice actor did his lines with one glup of air and a high-pitch tone.

Graice Conrad: *Technical explanation on how to destroy the main battery*
El Toro: Did anyone follow any of that?
Ratbeard: What's a piston?
Bonnie Anne: *scolding Ratbeard*

Classic scene.

3. Bonnie Anne saying " You're one to talk!" to El Toro every time he makes a comment that Hawkules is being obnoxious.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Noble Tyler Strong on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Have you guys ever laughed at what some of the characters said in the game?
I have, some of my favorites are:
Blind Mew - Take possession of that deathtrap - I mean boat
Bonnie Anne - So this is Gullet? What an interesting smell they've discovered
Ratbeard - WHAT? (The dialogue scene with the mermaids in Aquila)
Mormo - Mormo Approves
Many more too... especially all the grave puns in the Ruined Lighthouse XD
What were your favourite dialogues, or the dialogues you thought were the funniest
I haven't been to this part of the game yet, but my favorite line is when you face Monkey King's doppelgängers.

Bonnie Anne: "Show of hands, please! Who saw that coming?"

Administrator
I'm very interested in hearing more of these exchanges you all like!

One day I tried to put together a comic book style graphic where Kzinti Singh said: "A well-fed Kurgha craves only sleep and belly rubs. This is no way to fight an enemy! But a hungry, irritated Kurgha? He will fight with the strength of ten tigers! Our food must taste bad, leaving us for battle." To which Ratbeard responds, "Bad food, eh? Good thing we're in Marleybone, I recon! Har!"

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:

One day I tried to put together a comic book style graphic where Kzinti Singh said: "A well-fed Kurgha craves only sleep and belly rubs. This is no way to fight an enemy! But a hungry, irritated Kurgha? He will fight with the strength of ten tigers! Our food must taste bad, leaving us for battle." To which Ratbeard responds, "Bad food, eh? Good thing we're in Marleybone, I recon! Har!"
Sooooo............. Did ya finish it? If so, can we see it?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:

There are so many gems, it's hard to choose. I commend the talented writers, who keep the story interesting dramatic, and light. ( but I must say the new dialoge in the test realm is very funny! )

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
After we fight deacon and we find a picture of the owners of pieces of the "El Dorado" Map.
Bonnie says: "What is it?"
Ratbeard harshly replies: "A photograph, silly girl. Were ye born in a barn?"
That made me roll on the floor laughing, probably since bonnie as a fox was most likely born in a barn, XD .

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
CoolRebon on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
I got three.

The Crane Monk that gives you a few quests dealing with the Black Hand Monks.

I don't remember his lines but that's not point. It's not the actual dialogue that makes it funny, it's the voice actor. When I first heard his lines, I burst into laughter. It's like the voice actor did his lines with one glup of air and a high-pitch tone.

Graice Conrad: *Technical explanation on how to destroy the main battery*
El Toro: Did anyone follow any of that?
Ratbeard: What's a piston?
Bonnie Anne: *scolding Ratbeard*

Classic scene.

3. Bonnie Anne saying " You're one to talk!" to El Toro every time he makes a comment that Hawkules is being obnoxious.
I think I can get the dialogue number 2.
Gracie:Now listen,the clockworks are using hydraulics,hot liquids under high pressure,to turn and aim the big gun.That big piston over there,regulates the entire system.If we lower it down into the main boiler the pressure will build.If we jam it in there so it can't be lifted,the pressure will build until the whole works bursts.Flip those switches on the catwalks.
El Toro:Did you follow any of that?
Ratbeard:What's a piston.
Bonnie:Oh knock it off.If we flip the switches,the gun will blow up.Now go,you big oaf.

Did I get it right?

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Remember when you beat the Monkey king doppelgangers?
Bonnie: "I almost forgot about Xunzang's note! he said to read it after freeing Monkey King."
Note: "If you are reading this, Monkey King has been freed, and he has betrayed you."
(I believe it was Sarah Steele): "Wow. He is good."

Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
Let's not forgot the time when a Witchdoctor gets Old Scratch. "Don't worry. If he tries anything, Mormo will destroy him." I don't know why, but i burst into laughter.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
When Bonnie Anne, Catbeard, and El Toro were singing "We Are the Champions" by Queen. I even started singing along with them.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
When you are on board the Wreck of the Victory, and you see Admiral Nelson and Rooke getting ready to face off.

Rooke: "You've fought brilliantly admiral, but your cause is lost! Surrender, or die!"

Nelson: "*talks a bit*. Surrender, to the likes of YOU? NEVER!!!"

What Admiral Nelson is ACTUALLY saying: "You're nothing more than an oversized chess piece!" OR: You're nothing more than a glorified golem!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
When you are on board the Wreck of the Victory, and you see Admiral Nelson and Rooke getting ready to face off.

Rooke: "You've fought brilliantly admiral, but your cause is lost! Surrender, or die!"

Nelson: "*talks a bit*. Surrender, to the likes of YOU? NEVER!!!"

What Admiral Nelson is ACTUALLY saying: "You're nothing more than an oversized chess piece!" OR: You're nothing more than a glorified golem!
* talks a bit* What he actually says is the best dramatic part of the whole dialogue! He says" as I've always said a glorious death is to be envied!"

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
I've got another one.In the Moe questline,in the new Skull Island expansion,Mormo does his best in advertising.It was so funny,Mormo was like''Mormo's mojo potions can cure anything,they're even better than Yum-Yum fruit.''
That was so funny.
The Hoodoo Master
The Tomekeeper
Noble Felix Yellowfish

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Ratbeard: Aye, experts, that's us. Not pirates at all!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Monkey King: "Gotta collect them all"
XD for pokemon reference (just replace one word)

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
I literally laughed so hard at this one.

Hawkules: Too Barleycorn!
Bonnie Anne: Marleybone.
Hawkules: Whatever!

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
well el toro makes me laugh so hard like

el toro. fighting waves of guards to defeat a Governor? its like i've never left home!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
* talks a bit* What he actually says is the best dramatic part of the whole dialogue! He says" as I've always said a glorious death is to be envied!"
Lol, sorry! I forgot that part, and I didn't want to go through the whole dungeon again just to get that phrase lol!

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Here are 3 phrases that was funny to me,

1.At the end of General Tso's duel, here what Ratbeard said " Surrender now General or the chicken gets it." or something like that. That was so funny,to end an intense duel.

2. In cool ranch, during the duel in the cave here is some bison chief said," Raise of the Spirits of our grandfather's pet. Defeat those who stand against us." or something like that, then Old scratch responded " i didn't see that coming." As a Buccaneer i responded " That's going to give me a good nightmare. " That was one funny moment.

3.In the test relem for now, when I was doing the General Prawn quest as a Musketeer.When Louis ( can't remember his last name ) said " Let's take that Jumbo Shrimp." or something like that. Bonnie Ann responded " Is that an oxymoron ? " Louis Responded " What did you call me ? " That was one funny phrase,that i can't wait to go live.

This are the top 3 funny moment,so far.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
That monk quest were there's the wise monk and the one that's keeping it real,
"Come on now you shouldent over meditate"
"Splish splash I think your purified enough"
"Ding dong concerts over now go off to..." There probably not exact but still funny
I liked the hawkules Bonnie bit at the end of the last dungeon in Aquila it made me split my sides, but probably my favorite were some of my friends comments I would call the characters (pirate characters) so my favorite with them is some thing like "through the stormgate with Morgan freeman" me make some jokes about him so ya there's some of my favs

Ensign
May 23, 2012
Hawkules says "To Barleycorn!"
Bonnie says "Marleybone"

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Weeeellll, I guess I'll give this another go! My favorite dialogue comes from the quest Whako-Yako!

Monkey King: "First Floor! Sportswear, Stationery, Rubber Mallets! AND PIG ARCHERS!?!?"

Monkey King: "Second Floor! Toys, Kitchenware, Confectionery! AND YAKATEERS!?!?!"

Bonnie Anne upon arriving at the 3rd floor: "Funny. The tower didn't look this tall from the outside."

Monkey King: "Third Floor! Molten Lead, Chopping Blocks, Hot Boiling Oil! AND EVIL SORCERERS!?!?!?"

Monkey King: "Fourth Floor! Frying Pans, Razor Blades, Ladies Garments! AND WANNA BE YAKOOZA OYABUNS!?!?!?! Everybody out!"

Ensign
Jan 27, 2014
seriously? nobody did the one where blind mew says I have acute 'earing get it its like he's saying a cute earring