For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Gamigo acquisition

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
972
I've seen the news, and read the KI blog post.
I still have questions. That blog post is written for Wiz101, it only talks about Wiz101.

So, in clear terms please, even if it's "We don't know yet"

What does this acquisition and influx of money, mean for Pirate101, specifically?

Thanks!

Ensign
Dec 20, 2012
6
I, along with probably everybody else on this forum, have been poring over the information given by KI and those affiliated as the deal becomes clearer. In the letter that was published on this board by our wonderful Bat Masterson, there is some allusion to Wizard101, but Pirate wasn't mentioned once. Dare we hope for an update, for something? I know there are likely a lot of shifting sands going on for KI right now so I understand if there isn't an exact answer for this, but this is likely the biggest, best (and likely final) shot that Pirate has at ever being updated in the future. Is there a time table for more information specifically on Pirate as we navigate these uncharted waters together?

Thanks,
Stormy Cheyenne Poole

#revivepirate101

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
852
My first time stepping into these message boards in a while, friends. But I'm not here to glumly discuss Pirate101's future anymore. Not anymore. I have returned to discuss colossal, shocking, and unbearably exciting news, something that is making me ecstatic.


Kingsisle, as I am sure you know, has just entered into an agreement to be purchased by Media and Games Invest Group. This purchase includes a massive payout of over a hundred million dollars to Kingsisle, as well as a a renewed focus on Kingsisle's MMO games.

And not just Wizard101. They've also bought Pirate101, in the hopes of making it profitable. MGI said it themselves on their website, that they want to make both games more profitable. That they want to expand them and make them better and more profitable.

This revelation can make me say this with utter hope and surety. Pirate101 Is coming. back. This massive investment, and the attention MGI wants to give it, will pull Pirate101 back from the brink. And I cannot hold my excitement in. I can now truly believe that Pirate101 is no longer at the risk of dying.

I sincerely look forward to the future of Pirate101 under MGI. I am so excited by this news.

Ensign
Mar 24, 2013
4
The news from MGI made me very excited for what's about to come! I'm glad they saw potential in this game! However, I do HOPE bugs and pvp balancing can be adjusted. Pirate101 is not ready for a world update just yet. Just make sure the game is playable and we should be fine!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10278
CdeWinter on Jan 18, 2021 wrote:
I've seen the news, and read the KI blog post.
I still have questions. That blog post is written for Wiz101, it only talks about Wiz101.

So, in clear terms please, even if it's "We don't know yet"

What does this acquisition and influx of money, mean for Pirate101, specifically?

Thanks!
Exactly. Sure, KI is getting finances for Wizard101 and everyone is excited and "it's full steam ahead" for that game; but what about us put in dry dock these 4 + years?
I won't be jumping for joy, unless (until?) we hear the plans for Pirate101. This game could be such a money maker if just a little were added.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
852
So it seams that everyone's posts on this were congealed into a single discussion forum. Eh, doesn't matter much.

This new is making me excited because MGI has specifically said that they have interest in both games. If I were MGI's executives, I wouldn't purchase Pirate101 and then leave it lying fallow. They have specifically said that their interest in in improving the games, giving them more content, and generating more revenue. If this doesn't spell out that they plan to make serious updates and revive Pirate101, I don't know what does.

The news alone appears to have drawn people back to this game. I've been hearing of fervent discussion on this topic, with many similar vibes of hope for Pirate101's renewal. And I am confident that this will happen; I'm not sure of the exact date, but I am already anticipating the first of what is to come.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
972
Lookit Light on Jan 19, 2021 wrote:
So it seams that everyone's posts on this were congealed into a single discussion forum. Eh, doesn't matter much.

This new is making me excited because MGI has specifically said that they have interest in both games. If I were MGI's executives, I wouldn't purchase Pirate101 and then leave it lying fallow. They have specifically said that their interest in in improving the games, giving them more content, and generating more revenue. If this doesn't spell out that they plan to make serious updates and revive Pirate101, I don't know what does.

The news alone appears to have drawn people back to this game. I've been hearing of fervent discussion on this topic, with many similar vibes of hope for Pirate101's renewal. And I am confident that this will happen; I'm not sure of the exact date, but I am already anticipating the first of what is to come.
I would say that I'm more, cautiously optimistic. Gamigo has bought out KI, and is now funding KI as an investors group. But, KI is still responsible for the actual development of Wiz and Pirates. KI gets the money, and still, ultimately determines how that money is spent, with guidance from Gamigo. And so far ... KI has not changed it's colours in regards to how they treat Wiz101 and Pirates. Just read through their blog post. Look at the complete silence from Bat on this topic.

Yes, the news had drawn interest back to Pirates. I am hopeful that this acquisition does mean that Pirate101 will once again be updated, hopefully not just with story content, but with side content as well.

But, for now at least, it seems that KI is continuing their focus on Wiz101 and the Wiz community, and also continues to leave us Pirates in the dark regarding any future for this game.

Administrator
Please be patient as we are far from moving full steam on all cylinders with Gamigo, both Wizard101 and Pirate101. They are in the same boat at this stage of the acquisition process, so we can't make any bold new plans until this period passes.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
972
Bat Masterson on Jan 21, 2021 wrote:
Please be patient as we are far from moving full steam on all cylinders with Gamigo, both Wizard101 and Pirate101. They are in the same boat at this stage of the acquisition process, so we can't make any bold new plans until this period passes.
Thank you for the reply Bat.
I understand that it is still early days, and that KI wouldn't have any concrete plans or a solid road map in place yet.
I'm not expecting to hear specific details about future updates at this time.

I was hoping however, that KI's official announcement would include at least a basic idea of the future for P101. The blog post mentioned getting W101 players back into the Test Realm soon. But not a word about P101's future.
All we are looking for, is an official statement from KI stating that you either will be, or will not be focusing more on P101 in the future. (Hopefully at least working something small out by the end of the year.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10278
Bat Masterson on Jan 21, 2021 wrote:
Please be patient as we are far from moving full steam on all cylinders with Gamigo, both Wizard101 and Pirate101. They are in the same boat at this stage of the acquisition process, so we can't make any bold new plans until this period passes.
I'll believe it when I see it. I've been disappointed too many times to be optimistic now.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
852
Bat Masterson on Jan 21, 2021 wrote:
Please be patient as we are far from moving full steam on all cylinders with Gamigo, both Wizard101 and Pirate101. They are in the same boat at this stage of the acquisition process, so we can't make any bold new plans until this period passes.
I will approach this with optimism. I am confident that the resources and support from Gamigo will allow for more to be placed into Pirate101. I remain hopeful for the future with this news.

However. We have been left in the dark, with Pirate101's potential being left still for almost five years at this point. I remain willing to forgive and forget if this patter of inaction can simply cease. I am confident that your partnership with Gamigo will make this happen.

I feel the need to issue a warning. We have been given hope like we haven't had in years that this game will be revived and its latent potential realized. Please, do not fall back on your promises to this game again.

Nonetheless, I approach this news with hopeful confidence.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
972
And now I've read the latest addition to the blog post by Falmea.

Thank you, finally. That was the type of official response I had been looking for since the news about the sale first broke.

Now, P101 seems to have a future again, and I am slightly more cautiously optimistic. Thank you Bat, and Falmea.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2053
anecorbie on Jan 21, 2021 wrote:
I'll believe it when I see it. I've been disappointed too many times to be optimistic now.
Exactly - Falmea says they need more planning time and more developers to even THINK about updates for Pirate101...

93% to 7% - not OUR fault.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10278
Willowydream on Jan 22, 2021 wrote:
Exactly - Falmea says they need more planning time and more developers to even THINK about updates for Pirate101...

93% to 7% - not OUR fault.

Maybe, with all that money coming in, KI could hire more artists, animators, & coders that P101 could have a dedicated development team?

Won't hold my breath, though....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10278
I wonder how the acquisition will impact the developers of the mobile app games, I saw the post that KI is phasing out that section. Will those developers return to the MMO part? And what about Tom Purdue (One Eyed Jack/Dworgyn), how will this affect him?
I would like to see him come back as a moderator in conjunction with Bat Masterson/Sparck in KI Live; let Leah go back and concentrate on her job and let the moderators talk and celebrate KingsIsle.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
972
anecorbie on Jan 27, 2021 wrote:
I wonder how the acquisition will impact the developers of the mobile app games, I saw the post that KI is phasing out that section. Will those developers return to the MMO part? And what about Tom Purdue (One Eyed Jack/Dworgyn), how will this affect him?
I would like to see him come back as a moderator in conjunction with Bat Masterson/Sparck in KI Live; let Leah go back and concentrate on her job and let the moderators talk and celebrate KingsIsle.
Nothing at all against Bat, but I would love to One-Eyed Jack back on the forums and in KI live in some way.
It would be great to have again, have a community manager that came from the community.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1380
You can put me in the cautiously optimistic column.

-Indigo