Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Guess this is goodbye

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Okay so here's the deal. I have a few reasons I shouldn't be posting anymore. And there pretty dang good ones to. I've held back this thought for quite awhile but I simply can't hold it back anymore. I have to leave. Ill name a few that have been keeping the idea in the ring for so long.
1 friends family and school. They have been taking up most of my time.

2 I feel that out of all the common posters (I feel that they are 200 and over posts) I'm like the black sheep, except I don't really stand out even though I have black wool. I just feel I'm never noticed and if I am it's not when I'm really speaking my mind.

3 I once had a goal, that was to get more posts than my wizard101 message board guy, I did it but then i thought "out of all my posts were they really important?" well no. So I might as well stop.

4 let's be honest there's allot of posters who play and I'm sure at least one of you guys has seen me but never even spared a glance or said hi which takes like one second to type.

5 I'm really not needed, you have Chrissy Highlander fox and others, so really it wouldn't change without me.
There's allot more but I won't trouble you.

To be honest it really does pain me to write this. Every letter is like being sentenced to death row, but I have to. If I ever do post it MIGHT (that does not mean I will) post a bug or if I really want to speak my mind. And maybe (again doesn't mean I will) will come back if I have time and want to come back like over summer vacation. I actually did think about this allot before I wrote it but my will finally broke. There's allot more I want to say but I just can't take the pain so goodbye and see you in the skyways

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
TheDragonspyrePira... on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Okay so here's the deal. I have a few reasons I shouldn't be posting anymore. And there pretty dang good ones to. I've held back this thought for quite awhile but I simply can't hold it back anymore. I have to leave. Ill name a few that have been keeping the idea in the ring for so long.

2 I feel that out of all the common posters (I feel that they are 200 and over posts) I'm like the black sheep, except I don't really stand out even though I have black wool. I just feel I'm never noticed and if I am it's not when I'm really speaking my mind.

3 I once had a goal, that was to get more posts than my wizard101 message board guy, I did it but then i thought "out of all my posts were they really important?" well no. So I might as well stop.

4 let's be honest there's allot of posters who play and I'm sure at least one of you guys has seen me but never even spared a glance or said hi which takes like one second to type.

5 I'm really not needed, you have Chrissy Highlander fox and others, so really it wouldn't change without me.

To be honest it really does pain me to write this. Every letter is like being sentenced to death row, but I have to. If I ever do post it MIGHT (that does not mean I will) post a bug or if I really want to speak my mind. And maybe (again doesn't mean I will) will come back if I have time and want to come back like over summer vacation. I actually did think about this allot before I wrote it but my will finally broke. There's allot more I want to say but I just can't take the pain so goodbye and see you in the skyways

THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS!!! It happened With Highlander, you, and a few others I could name. Even though we don't admit it, there is a hierarchy here. There are certain posters who take priority over others, and this is never really addressed unless someone leaves, and even then they just get a sad "farewell". I've noticed that most of my topics have never even been on the new or updated topics list, but there are plenty of others, especially Chrissy, who the boards takes priority over. I have nothing against Chrissy, in fact we're friends, but this is unfortunately how the system works. If someone that has my post count or lower normally starts a thread, it gets ignored by most of the community, and seems to just magically gravitate around the new post list. It does feel like there is a pyramid, with moderators on the top, Chrissy, Highlander (who I am surprised about her quitting actually), and a few others in the second tier, but most of the others are at the bottom, and feel ignored or neglected when this happens. I HATE being this negative, I really, really do, but I have been wanting to say this since Highlander left. I have been trying to avoid these Farewell threads because I knew I was going to get like this, but at this point I cant take it. and again, I know how sweet and kind the community is, and I have no ill will towards any that I have mentioned here, but it seems like there is an underlying system that none of us ever address. And to further prove my point, this thread was in the new threads section, even though new threads, (that are normally considered more important) appear in the updated topics section. I just find it sad that someone talking about their feelings is considered less important than a new thread asking about windlanes. I'm so sorry if this hurt or offended anyone, and I'm so sorry for being this negative and putting a damper on the mood, but I just had to say this.

F.R. Holystone
lv 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

I am not one to be disagreeable but I couldn't yar this one. I can understand real life issues having to be more important. There is not a thing wrong with that but I have truly enjoyed your posts and even though I seem to yar a lot I never lightly yar. I have to agree with a post or it had to make me smile or touch me in some way and I find I yar your stuff a lot. You have a great personality and it truly shows in your posts and I always look forward to reading them. Please don NOT devalue yourself that way. Every one of our posters matter and no one's is more important than the others. Numbers are not a factor either. Yea I am a bit verbose and multiply that with the time I have been here shows high numbers but posts from someone like Xiriganism and Cunning Finnigan Sharp are pretty rare but always well thought out and full of wisdom. Don't let numbers fool you, its the quality in the post not the quantity. You are one of the quality ones and I value every one.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Elemutation on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS!!! It happened With Highlander, you, and a few others I could name. Even though we don't admit it, there is a hierarchy here. There are certain posters who take priority over others, and this is never really addressed unless someone leaves, and even then they just get a sad "farewell". I've noticed that most of my topics have never even been on the new or updated topics list, but there are plenty of others, especially Chrissy, who the boards takes priority over. I have nothing against Chrissy, in fact we're friends, but this is unfortunately how the system works. If someone that has my post count or lower normally starts a thread, it gets ignored by most of the community, and seems to just magically gravitate around the new post list. It does feel like there is a pyramid, with moderators on the top, Chrissy, Highlander (who I am surprised about her quitting actually), and a few others in the second tier, but most of the others are at the bottom, and feel ignored or neglected when this happens. I HATE being this negative, I really, really do, but I have been wanting to say this since Highlander left. I have been trying to avoid these Farewell threads because I knew I was going to get like this, but at this point I cant take it. and again, I know how sweet and kind the community is, and I have no ill will towards any that I have mentioned here, but it seems like there is an underlying system that none of us ever address. And to further prove my point, this thread was in the new threads section, even though new threads, (that are normally considered more important) appear in the updated topics section. I just find it sad that someone talking about their feelings is considered less important than a new thread asking about windlanes. I'm so sorry if this hurt or offended anyone, and I'm so sorry for being this negative and putting a damper on the mood, but I just had to say this.

F.R. Holystone
lv 65
I have never felt that there was a hierarchy here. I have seen plenty of my new threads not get an "New Thread Exclamation Point" but it didn't phase me a bit as I rarely look at such things. I don't notice yars unless they are mentioned or called out for some reason. I NEVER pay attention to how many posts someone has, never. Each poster, in my heart, is as important as the next. Sure there are some topics that don't pull my interest, I am like everyone else, I don't have unlimited time to get to each and every post, but the ones that I read I take full attention to and I cherish each one for it is coming from a family member that I cherish. No one person's post is more important to me. Just because I comment on one that has touched me doesn't mean they are more important. They just twanged my heart and I responded. No one is below anyone in my eyes. The Explanation marks are there to just let us know it's something new, not more important. Besides your own computer will dictate when you see them too. If you have already checked the pages and come back the marks that were there before will be gone since you already viewed it, even if you hadn't actually read it yet. The computer puts them there based on the time YOU look at the main page. There are not there to rate the importance of the poster, not at all. You are ALL important to me. Each and every one. This is a flatland family. No one is above the other. I just talk a lot so my numbers are higher, thats all it means, I am verbose. If those numbers are going to hurt anyone then I would love to have them blocked. Ranks are fun and a kick to advance to but they do not mean anyone is more important. We are family, all equal. OK

P.S. If it will make you feel any better Highlander didn't leave, she decided to stay.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

You are valued and I enjoy your posts, if the only reason you're quitting is family and friends that's understandable. But don't feel that numbers tell the whole story. BTW you are on my friend list, I think ( the name is familiar )
Esperanza Devereaux

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Sparticus32 please don't go. Look, I know i haven't posted a lot but still. When I made my first post, you welcomed me with, "you can never have to much family".

1. Ok I admit, school does take up a lot of time
  2. Not true, you stood out to me.You are a common poster, and i'm sure many others agree.
  3. How are your posts not important.Please trust me on this, I am pretty new to posting and yet I have considered every single post of yours important.
  4. Look I am sorry, but please don't rate yourself on that( pretty please)
  5. You are needed.Very much indeed.
Once again, please, please, please don't go.

To Chrissy: Do you think we can plan a party for Sparticus?

If i remember correctly, we even mentioned at the party that every post is loved.

Your Loyal friend,
The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Placing your priority on things in real life is a good thing. This should be a spare time kind of activity. That aside, it looks like you have a pretty good number of yars for the number of posts you've done. That says to me that people have liked what you have to say. As for being recognized, in game, I don't think that happens much outside of planned meet ups. It happened to me exactly once and I was shocked. :D ( Cheers to Golden Guardian for noticing.)
Jack is a good name, as is Nightgale. Even if I saw them together, I might not know it was you, because there are people out there with identical names. I know I've seen a number of Daniel Radcliffs and William Rikers myself.
I have a response to what Elemutation had to say about not showing up on the new and updated lists. It is not a comment on the value of what you post, when you don't appear on those lists. It is more a function of what time of day you posted, and how many people also posted that day. "New" can hold 25 posts. "Updated" can hold 25 posts. One-eyed Jack (or someone like him) comes to work in the morning and sees 38 posts that were submitted the evening and night before. He starts giving moderator approval to them and they post. The first 13 will be on "updated" page briefly, but bump down the list as more get added, till they drop off. Perhaps there were only 3 new topics added. They would show up on the new list and possibly the updated one too, if they were posted later. I am guessing this is how it works based on posts I've done, when they appear, and how long they stay. For all I know, Jack might have 138 or 1038 posts to deal with every day, or 10,038.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Loyal Swashbuc... on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
Sparticus32 please don't go. Look, I know i haven't posted a lot but still. When I made my first post, you welcomed me with, "you can never have to much family".

2. Not true, you stood out to me.You are a common poster, and i'm sure many others agree.
  3. How are your posts not important.Please trust me on this, I am pretty new to posting and yet I have considered every single post of yours important.

If i remember correctly, we even mentioned at the party that every post is loved.

Your Loyal friend,
The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson
Lol, parties sound great.Your idea is a great one but I am not the only party planner here. If it spoke to your heart than plan away Noble Ryan. Try your hand a party planning. You just might love it. Let us know what you want to do.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Well if you ever decide to come back then we will always welcome you when you do.

I have to admit that I usually don't yar posts often because I feel like they are empty accomplishments, but that is just me. Also since I don't go onto every single thread I am likely missing out on a few special posters.
If you want to still leave then it is your choice, otherwise I guess this is goodbye for now.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
I have never felt that there was a hierarchy here. I have seen plenty of my new threads not get an "New Thread Exclamation Point" but it didn't phase me a bit as I rarely look at such things. I don't notice yars unless they are mentioned or called out for some reason. I NEVER pay attention to how many posts someone has, never. Each poster, in my heart, is as important as the next. Sure there are some topics that don't pull my interest, I am like everyone else, I don't have unlimited time to get to each and every post, but the ones that I read I take full attention to and I cherish each one for it is coming from a family member that I cherish. No one person's post is more important to me. Just because I comment on one that has touched me doesn't mean they are more important. They just twanged my heart and I responded. No one is below anyone in my eyes. The Explanation marks are there to just let us know it's something new, not more important. Besides your own computer will dictate when you see them too. If you have already checked the pages and come back the marks that were there before will be gone since you already viewed it, even if you hadn't actually read it yet. The computer puts them there based on the time YOU look at the main page. There are not there to rate the importance of the poster, not at all. You are ALL important to me. Each and every one. This is a flatland family. No one is above the other. I just talk a lot so my numbers are higher, thats all it means, I am verbose. If those numbers are going to hurt anyone then I would love to have them blocked. Ranks are fun and a kick to advance to but they do not mean anyone is more important. We are family, all equal. OK

P.S. If it will make you feel any better Highlander didn't leave, she decided to stay.
I think it has to do with the yar tally. I am being honest and speaking what I feel. Those who have yars tend to be the "upper class", whilst I do feel that some other message board members are... Ignored? I would not mind giving Yars to genius ideas and peoples creativity and stuff, but the yar tally in total makes the hierarchy in my opinion. Before yars were introduced, I am guessing everyone who posted before yars were introduced felt equal.

It is fun being in the yarsey-turvey category (having more yars then posts), but I do not feel too happy if it makes someone who is not in this category feel less speical and important and stuff. Sure it's an achievement that I am proud of, but I don't want the achievement giving me fame and stuff and making others feel less speical.

I am being honest, I think everyone here has developed an online family that is a nice break from the stress of real life. I dunno what that stress is, perhaps bullying, or work, or just (and this is my say for why people may leave the boards) not fitting in and being the cool dawg. Over here everyone is equal, and your online identity is nice and friendly, and there is no popularity or coolness or the hierarchy stuff (save the point in my next sentence). However this yar-ness may create a sense of upper class, lower class (despite there not being conflict) and may upset some members and make them feel no longer equal. It's not a guess, it's a fact, several of us have just left cause they don't feel important or equal enough.

So I would say we should yar posts, but not have a tally of yars (save maybe a personal tab which you can only see). I agree with Chrissy, if it upsets members then the yar tally number thingy should be removed.

Summary of the yarsey-turvey stuff and how non-yarsey pirates may feel:
-Your yar rate increases rapidly, even more that non yarsey-turvey people
-People may respond to you more than others
-Some people may think you are important and more valued then them

Yeah, that is my honest opinion. It was not easy writing that.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
The Loyal Swashbuc... on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:

Your Loyal friend,
The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson
Why wasn't this addressed until now, then?

You see, everyone on these boards is independent with their free will. If they want to leave, let them. Don't pressure them to stay. That happened with me... I didn't want to stay where I felt unloved, and when that party popped up I felt awful and pressured to make a choice. I don't think Jack wants a party for himself, but that's his decision, not mine.

I want people to understand that real life comes first. He mentioned friends and family, right guys? Am I the only one who read the entire post? He's not just leaving due to feeling like a black sheep. He has friends, family and school, which understandably come before the internet.

Jack, I respect your decision to leave. I understand and I wish you the best, but I will not pressure you to stay or mention about a million compliments which should averagely be received, not just when someone is leaving.

Ciao.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Hi Jack, I just wanted to say that I appreciate you speaking what was on your mind. If you or anyone else needs a break to regroup, find peace, clear their minds, be with family and/or friends, concentrate on school or work, or just because they don't have time- then, by all means take that much needed break- we all need them at times and I would respect you for wanting and needing that. But I do hope that you or others would try hard not get caught up in this part of the said/she said, more popular/less popular, higher valued/lesser valued ,negative aspect of society- at least not here on the boards, where it is meant to be a safe, fun place. Here are some of my views on this:

Being an adult, I try not to get caught up in popularity contests anymore. They serve no purpose or greater good in life or here on the boards for that matter. I once too was a young adult, teenager and kid and I do understand and have experienced my fair share of all that you are speaking of (maybe not to the degree of others). We all have been exposed to the negativity that comes from feeling left out or not being seen as valued or wanted- some on the bad side of it and some on the even worse side of it, as there is no good side to it. That being said, I really wish that everyone here would try to take to heart that The Message Boards, I can only imagine, was not intended to be a popularity contest of any sort. It is a place to voice our opinions on the game and have some extra interactions with our fellow pirates of all ages and all walks of life- some that share our life stories and some that are on the total opposite end of life's very broad spectrum.

I don't believe that KI's intentions for the boards were to be a platform to breed that kind of 'they love me/they don't care at all' mentality that we experience and see in the real world, everywhere we look. That ugliness is everywhere nowadays and it shouldn't be here as well. As an adult perhaps I look at things with a greater understanding that what is said or done here on the boards, in no way depicts who I am or what contributions I offer to society or the 'real world'. Speaking only on my behalf, I am not here for yars, replies, words of encouragement or feelings of acceptance. I am here to have a say and represent the KI community in the best and most positive way I can. Being yarred or not being yarred, having your post read or not read, responded to or not responded to, in no way accurately shows how valuable you or anyone else here is to the world and those around you.

(continued...)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

(...continued)

The only time I even look at or notice yars (mine or anyone else's for that matter) are when it is brought up in a post, like to praise someone or talked about in a negative way. If I create a post or thread that I am happy with and means something to me, and it produces zero yars or zero replies, I am still just as happy and proud of it as if it produced a million yars. They are my thoughts, my words, my feelings and my voice and I was able to share them with anyone who wishes to read them, or perhaps nobody at all (well, I guess that wouldn't be sharing then). As an adult, it can be a bit hard to understand all of the drama behind the popularity side of the message boards, but I do respect and value each and every member of the boards.

Maybe, removing yars and #s will be a good idea, but I don't think it will matter much. Many people will still get there feelings equally hurt if they aren't responded/replied to or if something they post seems to go unnoticed. I have a rather big mouth (when it comes to sharing my thoughts) so I have posted often and had a lot of my topics/threads/posts go unnoticed and I am 100% ok when this happens. I still feel good about what I shared and a lack of yars and replies won't and can't change that and, to me, in no way means that what I posted had no value.

I just hope the boards can be used for what I believe KI's intentions for it originally were: a voice for the P101 community, feedback for ideas, bug notifications, friendly entertainment purposes, creative contributions such as role plays and story telling, an extra place aside from the Spiral to interact with pirate friends, suggestions on improvements, providing help in the form of tips and strategies to all in the P101 community and so much more positive things. It should never be about popularity contests or things of that nature...there is enough of that in the 'real world'- staring at us, smacking us around at every opportunity. Let's just try our best not to add more misery and negativity to one area and safe place, where none should exist.

When it comes down to it, I don't really know any of you at all, but I do completely respect, value and appreciate every one of you and what you have to say, regardless of whether or not I yar or reply. Life is way too short and time is simply too precious to let the absence of a yar or reply influence what you think your value and worth is. I didn't realize that when I was younger, but my experiences in life have taught me that much. Just enjoy you, for you.

And Jack, I know I have stated this in several responses to your posts, I sooo enjoy what you have to write and offer here on the boards. You're a super funny guy with a sophisticated way of creating what you write (regardless of your age or social standings in real life)- at least these are the impressions you have made on me. But by all means, if you need a break- I respect that and wish you the best of luck no matter what you decide.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Elemutation on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:

F.R. Holystone
lv 65
Hi, Elemutation.

I wasn't sure if you were aware, but if you want a thread or post to have a better chance of being viewed, as others have stated, there are certain times that are seen as better to post during. Late on a weeknight (not Fridays) or early on a weekday (before 9am), sometime just before 3 or so during the week all seem to give your posts a better chance at being viewed by more people. As others have said, posting during a busy time, like right after school or work (5pm till 9 or 10) or Friday night through Sunday night- will probably result in a topic or thread being lost in the shuffle, due to the volume of posts during those busy times. I have also seen that there have been quite a few weekends were updating doesn't take place until that Monday, so posting on a Friday night, Saturday or Sunday may result in a post/thread not being viewed...although lately, weekend updating has been occurring much more frequently on all of the weekend days.

I don't think the moderators have a preference or play favorites when it comes to who is in the new and/or updated lists- it just seems to be more about timing then favoritism. Almost all of my posts or created threads that didn't get a response/reply and/or yar seem to have come as a result to posting during those busy, high volume times of post submissions. So, a lot of younger pirates who post right after school let's out, may not have their great posts seen by many by the time the updating takes place.

Some of us have already 'discovered' this so we may try to post during those 'prime' times (or non prime times- depending on how you look at it). If it appears that certain posters are deemed more desirable or worthy or as favorites- due to more of their posts showing up on the updated and new topic columns, it is probably because they are already keen to this and try to post during those less busy times to give their offerings a better chance of being viewed. I believe that the posts are updated based on order of submission by time, so if only 25 posts can be viewed under Updated Topics, a post at 11:30pm on a Tuesday will have a better chance of being seen Wednesday morning, then one submitted at 6:30 pm on that same Tuesday- once again due to timing and volume of posts, not due to favoritism

Again, I wasn't sure if you were aware of that so I thought I would share it with you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I am not sure all will believe me because of the numbers by my name. Those numbers can have a negative affect as well as a positive one. I truly never pay attention to them unless someone draws attention to them, with the possible exception of the yars on an individual post. When I see a post get several yars it makes me smile because one, someone said something that several agree with and two, people cared enough to say "Good job, I agree with you".
To me my total count just means I touched that many people in a positive way. It doesn't mean to me anything about me or my value, to me it means I did something good by blessing someone else. It only shows what I did, not who I am.
I know to some of you this sounds hard to believe as I have the unfortunate position of having a really high count but truly, I have never seen it as popularity, I only saw it as a reaction of someone being touched by what I said.
I in no way see myself as leader or higher than anyone nor do I see anyone here as being anything as equal with the exception of the employes of KingsIsle as they speak for the company and what they say about our game truly matters. The community leaders are who I see as message board leaders. They have invested a lot of time, talent and money to have their web pages and domain names. I look up to all of them.
All the rest is just us and our opinions. We are truly equal and no one is seen as a lesser poster. I take as much value to someone's first post when I welcome them as I so their 500th. No better or lesser, that is a person I am talking to and they matter to me.

I am in complete agreement with needing to leave if real life issues dictate and I said that in my first response. No hard feelings, you will be missed and eagerly looked forward to your returning someday.

And Dear Sweet Emma, your party was NOT to pressure you into staying. It was only to show you that you were truly loved here and your feelings of being unloved was all that was being challenged, not your decision to go. If you feel you are better utilized elsewhere them no problem at all and I would give you a fierce hug good bye. We only wanted to show you we cared.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Mainly it's the friends family and school thing and yars has nothing to do with it. I'll be posting until the 10th and then I'll be gone. I've looked back on allot of it and rethought them and most of it and most of them became a worthless argument but if I do comeback it'll be over the summer. But I until then it'll be like I said, I won't be posting or if I do it will be important like a bug or the PHP thread. And if your thinking it has to do with everyone leaving it doesn't.

(About the name thing if you do see someone with my name to make sure it's me I have the red Dino mount a armadillo pet, and Aquila armor with armada boots or marlybone gear mainly white. And my pet mr maxwell is my follower, oh and armada dragoon sword and my badge is Aquila legend.)

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
Why wasn't this addressed until now, then?

You see, everyone on these boards is independent with their free will. If they want to leave, let them. Don't pressure them to stay. That happened with me... I didn't want to stay where I felt unloved, and when that party popped up I felt awful and pressured to make a choice. I don't think Jack wants a party for himself, but that's his decision, not mine.

I want people to understand that real life comes first. He mentioned friends and family, right guys? Am I the only one who read the entire post? He's not just leaving due to feeling like a black sheep. He has friends, family and school, which understandably come before the internet.

Jack, I respect your decision to leave. I understand and I wish you the best, but I will not pressure you to stay or mention about a million compliments which should averagely be received, not just when someone is leaving.

Ciao.
I can see your point. If Jack wants to go, he is welcome to go. I didn't quite see the problem with what I posted till this, and i'm glad because I realize that it is his decision and I shouldn't be making him feel bad for it. Thank you Highlander.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
Lol, parties sound great.Your idea is a great one but I am not the only party planner here. If it spoke to your heart than plan away Noble Ryan. Try your hand a party planning. You just might love it. Let us know what you want to do.
I think I have changed my mind, sorry. Because I have a feeling Jack might not want a party for himself. I just realized that I should of mentioned everyone because I don't want anyone to feel bad or anything.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
TheDragonspyrePira... on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
Mainly it's the friends family and school thing and yars has nothing to do with it. I'll be posting until the 10th and then I'll be gone. I've looked back on allot of it and rethought them and most of it and most of them became a worthless argument but if I do comeback it'll be over the summer. But I until then it'll be like I said, I won't be posting or if I do it will be important like a bug or the PHP thread. And if your thinking it has to do with everyone leaving it doesn't.

(About the name thing if you do see someone with my name to make sure it's me I have the red Dino mount a armadillo pet, and Aquila armor with armada boots or marlybone gear mainly white. And my pet mr maxwell is my follower, oh and armada dragoon sword and my badge is Aquila legend.)
Hey Jack, I was wondering if you were a member over on the Pirate101 Central site. If you are, I would be happy to have you as a friend in the game. If you are not a member, it is free to register and there are a lot of great things to do there and very helpful threads/guides...and I would still be happy to have you as a friend after you register (if you choose to). If you are a member or become one and you would like, just send me a Private Message on Central and I will send you a True Friend Code that will automatically place us on each others friends list. My user/member name on central is the same as here: ValkoortheVictorious. Like I said, that is only if you would like to.

Either way, best of luck to you.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
TheDragonspyrePira... on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:

Ok, sounds good to me.With my previous post, I really didn't want to pressure you to stay or anything. I will miss you though. Good luck with everything you do.

Yours truly,
The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
Hey Jack, I was wondering if you were a member over on the Pirate101 Central site. If you are, I would be happy to have you as a friend in the game. If you are not a member, it is free to register and there are a lot of great things to do there and very helpful threads/guides...and I would still be happy to have you as a friend after you register (if you choose to). If you are a member or become one and you would like, just send me a Private Message on Central and I will send you a True Friend Code that will automatically place us on each others friends list. My user/member name on central is the same as here: ValkoortheVictorious. Like I said, that is only if you would like to.

Brilliant idea Valkoor. I will do the same. You can find me there as valzabrat until I can earn enough Central gold to change my name to this one. They matched at one time but the change here to Chrissy was totally awesome and I just have to catch them up. I will throw you a true friend code too.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Well what can we do mates, we just can't force him to stay, I agree with Highlander its up to him to decide his destiny, all I can say is that I can respect one pirates decision and so I say to ye is whatever ye choose if ye decide to go we will support ye anyway and wish the best of luck and throw ye a good old fashion "pirate parrrrty". aye me friends.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
I am not sure all will believe me because of the numbers by my name. Those numbers can have a negative affect as well as a positive one. I truly never pay attention to them unless someone draws attention to them, with the possible exception of the yars on an individual post. When I see a post get several yars it makes me smile because one, someone said something that several agree with and two, people cared enough to say "Good job, I agree with you".
To me my total count just means I touched that many people in a positive way. It doesn't mean to me anything about me or my value, to me it means I did something good by blessing someone else. It only shows what I did, not who I am.
I know to some of you this sounds hard to believe as I have the unfortunate position of having a really high count but truly, I have never seen it as popularity, I only saw it as a reaction of someone being touched by what I said.
I in no way see myself as leader or higher than anyone nor do I see anyone here as being anything as equal with the exception of the employes of KingsIsle as they speak for the company and what they say about our game truly matters. The community leaders are who I see as message board leaders. They have invested a lot of time, talent and money to have their web pages and domain names. I look up to all of them.
All the rest is just us and our opinions. We are truly equal and no one is seen as a lesser poster. I take as much value to someone's first post when I welcome them as I so their 500th. No better or lesser, that is a person I am talking to and they matter to me.

I am in complete agreement with needing to leave if real life issues dictate and I said that in my first response. No hard feelings, you will be missed and eagerly looked forward to your returning someday.

And Dear Sweet Emma, your party was NOT to pressure you into staying. It was only to show you that you were truly loved here and your feelings of being unloved was all that was being challenged, not your decision to go. If you feel you are better utilized elsewhere them no problem at all and I would give you a fierce hug good bye. We only wanted to show you we cared.
Chrissy, you are so right about yars to a specific post having a positive affect as well and that it does mean a lot to receive them. I forgot to include that in my posts above and didn't want people to think that there time taken to yar wasn't warmly received. That is one time when I too take a look at the yars, just to see who may be extending a kind and courteous gesture. I do appreciate them when fellow posters take the time to offer a friendly nod, tip of the hat or acknowledgement. It is nice to know when others are showing appreciation or possibly enjoying what you may have to offer, so I absolutely do think that yarring can make you feel good and be a positive. Like you, I just don't really pay attention to the overall numbers because they aren't as personal as the yars given to a specific post. That is why I like to yar people, just to let them know that I enjoyed something they shared, got a good laugh, found something helpful, was entertained, sometimes just to let them know that there voice is heard and that their opinions matter, also sometimes just to show appreciation for them taking the time to post period and to let them know that their input is important here on the boards.

Thanks for reminding of this, Chrissy, because I so wouldn't want my fellow pirate friends to think that their time and yars don't matter to me...because they most certainly do.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:

I'll join central once I get my new laptop, I've been saving up and I'll be getting it soon. But I changed my mount (the coconut) and I love it. So look for me with that. But I'll join central and I know there's allot of useful things, but I have to save a bit more and then order it and then wait for it. (I'm posting this on my iPad the school gave us so central is blocked.) but I'll join as soon as I can

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Dude!!! We all really enjoy your posts!! You don't have to leave!! And I am sorry that most of us have neglected to talk to you a bit! Don't leave!!!!