Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I Can't Get My Stuff Out Of My Gift List!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 02, 2016
I have a few items that I have in my gift list, but I can't get them out! Everytime I click Accept it says 'The Item failed to redeem.'

CAN ANYONE HELP I'M SO CONFUSED!!!

-Harmony the Privateer, Faith the Swashbluckler, (is this the right one? I don't think so XD) and more

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

If you are unable to redeem gifts, try logging out to the character screen, switching characters and then switching back. This should help you be able to redeem the gifts.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Apr 02, 2016
Thanks Bonnie, but it's still not working :(

I hope this gets fixed soon

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
mysweetgirl20 on Apr 3, 2016 wrote:

This might not be very reassuring but after I started my first Pirate I only played briefly and went back to W101. When I returned after about a year and a half I found that I had a whole stack of "gifts" that I'd gotten from various fan-site give-aways which gave gifts for W101 and P101. Anyway, when I tried redeeming those gifts I got the same message you did... "The item failed to redeem". This went on for a day or so then all of a sudden - boom - I tried it again and it worked. I have no idea what kept them from redeeming the first few times I tried it but for whatever reason the problem eventually resolved itself.

Admiral
May 30, 2010

Don't open your backpack or work with your crew or feed your pets or ANYTHING until you've tried to redeem the gift(s) you're wanting on that pirate. When you switch out characters, actually get into the game a second or two before changing back to the other character. When all else fails, log out completely and log in again, then call up that pirate and grab the goodies.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009

I'd say, double check that your backpack and house storage aren't full, you can't buy items or redeem gifts if there is no place to put them.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
When you first enter the game, Immediately REDEEM your gifts (don't do ANYTHING else). If this doesn't work, press 'b' to open your Backpack and make sure you have enough room in it. For most items you will just need one space per item since any gift that you redeem goes into the Backpack. The exceptions are Bundles and other multiple gifts which can take up to seven places in your Backpack.

If you didn't have enough room in your Backpack and had to clear some space for the items, go to the Pirate Selection Screen, choose a different Pirate, now click on the Pirate you want to have the item, and click Play. Immediately REDEEM your gifts. That has worked for me in the past.

If you only have one Pirate, you may have to exit the game and restart it.

The reason you might not have enough room in your Backpack is because you were a member and aren't now. Members get a Backpack with room for 120 items and non-Members only get room for 80 items.

Ensign
Apr 02, 2016
Thank you so much for the support!

I will try your tips and anything else I can think of

Again thank you for your replys, tips, and more :3

-Harmony the Privateer and Faith the Swashbuckler (NOW I think this is the right one XD)