For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

I just got to the endgame for the first time...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 11, 2012
2
Are you kidding me? The whole game is to find the pieces to the map to el dorado. You get 4/7 pieces and then hot shotted into an end game where "the ghost of your parents" says do not go to el dorado your parent's love is all you need to win the spiral? That isnt a story. KingsIsle Entertainment should definitely take a 2 month break from wizard to at least finish the story of pirate. I am okay if you dont want to consistantly update pirate. It is your money you do what you want with it. But arc 1 at least deserves the story to be finished. If you dont want to finish the story then dont make the game. You made the game though. It is a good game. So finish the story. Wizard is starting arc 4. Pirate deserves at least act 1 to be finished. I am really sorry if doing so means wizard gets back seated for a day or a month or a year but they have 4 arcs. They will live. Anyone who spent 5 dollars on this game and so many have spent WAY more deserve arc 1 to be finished. This game is way to good and fun to get the treatment it got. Whomever started this game definitely do work here anymore but they deserve to see their work finished and they deserve a finished product.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2068
You're not wrong. Unfortunately, someone made the decision.


Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
36
brentdeg on Aug 3, 2020 wrote:
Are you kidding me? The whole game is to find the pieces to the map to el dorado. You get 4/7 pieces and then hot shotted into an end game where "the ghost of your parents" says do not go to el dorado your parent's love is all you need to win the spiral? That isnt a story. KingsIsle Entertainment should definitely take a 2 month break from wizard to at least finish the story of pirate. I am okay if you dont want to consistantly update pirate. It is your money you do what you want with it. But arc 1 at least deserves the story to be finished. If you dont want to finish the story then dont make the game. You made the game though. It is a good game. So finish the story. Wizard is starting arc 4. Pirate deserves at least act 1 to be finished. I am really sorry if doing so means wizard gets back seated for a day or a month or a year but they have 4 arcs. They will live. Anyone who spent 5 dollars on this game and so many have spent WAY more deserve arc 1 to be finished. This game is way to good and fun to get the treatment it got. Whomever started this game definitely do work here anymore but they deserve to see their work finished and they deserve a finished product.
I hate to break it to you, my friend, but you're screaming into the void. Our kind and sympathetic Community Manager, Bat Masterson, is the only one reading these forums. But sadly, he can't do anything for us. The suits in charge don't read this board, and they'd ignore us even if they did. After all, #Revive Pirate101 is always a common post in KI Live's chat, but those comments are sometimes even deleted under the aegis of it being spam (though imo, they should have to listen to Pirate101's final cries of pain even if it chokes the chat - because actions have consequences).

Now as far as the story goes... it's a real shame. On some levels, it hurts to talk about. A few years ago, our storywriter, Blind Mew, took the time to sit down with us and discuss Valencia Part 2 and everything that happened (including what was originally planned). Since you care about the stories, I'd encourage you to read through them - I'll include the links below:

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-tavern/so-about-book-15-spoilers-8ad6a4145554b48201557484c41b204e?page=1

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/captains-log/well-i-asked-for-it-blind-mews-musings-return-8ad6a4145554b4820155786ce4297d28

Despite this bleakness, I hope you're still having fun with what we do have. Cool Ranch, Mooshu, Marleybone, and Aquila are, after all, fantastic worlds (and I will weep to see Cool Ranch gone one day, as it doesn't match Wizard101's style enough to be ported over). At any rate, I hope to see you in the skyways one day!

(Side note to Bat: would you please consider stickying these threads to their relevant subforums? A lot of new or returning players may appreciate the lore and closure from them, and they've sadly been buried by time. Perhaps even a new subforum ("The Archive" or something similar) could be created specifically for them?)

- Fearless Charles, Level 70 Privateer

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
36
Also, I should note that the second link I included (Blind Mew's Musings) contains most of the answers to the questions asked in the first link.

That's where you'll get most of the information. In hindsight, I probably should have linked only it.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
748
brentdeg on Aug 3, 2020 wrote:
Are you kidding me? The whole game is to find the pieces to the map to el dorado. You get 4/7 pieces and then hot shotted into an end game where "the ghost of your parents" says do not go to el dorado your parent's love is all you need to win the spiral? That isnt a story. KingsIsle Entertainment should definitely take a 2 month break from wizard to at least finish the story of pirate. I am okay if you dont want to consistantly update pirate. It is your money you do what you want with it. But arc 1 at least deserves the story to be finished. If you dont want to finish the story then dont make the game. You made the game though. It is a good game. So finish the story. Wizard is starting arc 4. Pirate deserves at least act 1 to be finished. I am really sorry if doing so means wizard gets back seated for a day or a month or a year but they have 4 arcs. They will live. Anyone who spent 5 dollars on this game and so many have spent WAY more deserve arc 1 to be finished. This game is way to good and fun to get the treatment it got. Whomever started this game definitely do work here anymore but they deserve to see their work finished and they deserve a finished product.
I do also feel like the story's "ending" is a bit lackluster. Especially with it hinting at future story content which we now know is very unlikely to be resolved.
The queen being revived and it ending with "The End?" is a good way to do a teaser, but if the teaser never ends up being anything despite it obviously being a hint then it's poor design.

I think the community would be much more satisfied if for the last part of the story we quickly find the last 3 map pieces and then go to El Dorado only to see the Queen using it for some evil purposes like maybe weaponizing it.

Administrator
Orebit on Aug 3, 2020 wrote:
I hate to break it to you, my friend, but you're screaming into the void. Our kind and sympathetic Community Manager, Bat Masterson, is the only one reading these forums. But sadly, he can't do anything for us. The suits in charge don't read this board, and they'd ignore us even if they did. After all, #Revive Pirate101 is always a common post in KI Live's chat, but those comments are sometimes even deleted under the aegis of it being spam (though imo, they should have to listen to Pirate101's final cries of pain even if it chokes the chat - because actions have consequences).

Now as far as the story goes... it's a real shame. On some levels, it hurts to talk about. A few years ago, our storywriter, Blind Mew, took the time to sit down with us and discuss Valencia Part 2 and everything that happened (including what was originally planned). Since you care about the stories, I'd encourage you to read through them - I'll include the links below:

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-tavern/so-about-book-15-spoilers-8ad6a4145554b48201557484c41b204e?page=1

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/captains-log/well-i-asked-for-it-blind-mews-musings-return-8ad6a4145554b4820155786ce4297d28

Despite this bleakness, I hope you're still having fun with what we do have. Cool Ranch, Mooshu, Marleybone, and Aquila are, after all, fantastic worlds (and I will weep to see Cool Ranch gone one day, as it doesn't match Wizard101's style enough to be ported over). At any rate, I hope to see you in the skyways one day!

(Side note to Bat: would you please consider stickying these threads to their relevant subforums? A lot of new or returning players may appreciate the lore and closure from them, and they've sadly been buried by time. Perhaps even a new subforum ("The Archive" or something similar) could be created specifically for them?)

- Fearless Charles, Level 70 Privateer
Sure thing on the stickies. Like this one in The Tavern?

Ensign
Dec 11, 2012
2
Orebit on Aug 3, 2020 wrote:
I hate to break it to you, my friend, but you're screaming into the void. Our kind and sympathetic Community Manager, Bat Masterson, is the only one reading these forums. But sadly, he can't do anything for us. The suits in charge don't read this board, and they'd ignore us even if they did. After all, #Revive Pirate101 is always a common post in KI Live's chat, but those comments are sometimes even deleted under the aegis of it being spam (though imo, they should have to listen to Pirate101's final cries of pain even if it chokes the chat - because actions have consequences).

Now as far as the story goes... it's a real shame. On some levels, it hurts to talk about. A few years ago, our storywriter, Blind Mew, took the time to sit down with us and discuss Valencia Part 2 and everything that happened (including what was originally planned). Since you care about the stories, I'd encourage you to read through them - I'll include the links below:

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-tavern/so-about-book-15-spoilers-8ad6a4145554b48201557484c41b204e?page=1

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/captains-log/well-i-asked-for-it-blind-mews-musings-return-8ad6a4145554b4820155786ce4297d28

Despite this bleakness, I hope you're still having fun with what we do have. Cool Ranch, Mooshu, Marleybone, and Aquila are, after all, fantastic worlds (and I will weep to see Cool Ranch gone one day, as it doesn't match Wizard101's style enough to be ported over). At any rate, I hope to see you in the skyways one day!

(Side note to Bat: would you please consider stickying these threads to their relevant subforums? A lot of new or returning players may appreciate the lore and closure from them, and they've sadly been buried by time. Perhaps even a new subforum ("The Archive" or something similar) could be created specifically for them?)

- Fearless Charles, Level 70 Privateer
Thanks for the links. I will check them out.

Ensign
Mar 25, 2013
6
brentdeg on Aug 3, 2020 wrote:
Are you kidding me? The whole game is to find the pieces to the map to el dorado. You get 4/7 pieces and then hot shotted into an end game where "the ghost of your parents" says do not go to el dorado your parent's love is all you need to win the spiral? That isnt a story. KingsIsle Entertainment should definitely take a 2 month break from wizard to at least finish the story of pirate. I am okay if you dont want to consistantly update pirate. It is your money you do what you want with it. But arc 1 at least deserves the story to be finished. If you dont want to finish the story then dont make the game. You made the game though. It is a good game. So finish the story. Wizard is starting arc 4. Pirate deserves at least act 1 to be finished. I am really sorry if doing so means wizard gets back seated for a day or a month or a year but they have 4 arcs. They will live. Anyone who spent 5 dollars on this game and so many have spent WAY more deserve arc 1 to be finished. This game is way to good and fun to get the treatment it got. Whomever started this game definitely do work here anymore but they deserve to see their work finished and they deserve a finished product.
As unfortunate as it is, I don't believe we'll ever get any new storyline.

If you clicked on the second link that Orebit gave, Blind New mentions that with new updates, players will return. The more players that are active, the more focus they're willing to put on the game, leading into a cycle.

When Valencia 2 came out they DID get a surge of players. Yet for some reason they failed to act upon their opportunity, and hence a cycle did occur; The cycle was the exact opposite of what was expected though. They didn't update, so players left. Because players were leaving, they didn't update.

Currently, I believe the game is as dead as it has ever been. Unfortunate (and quite depressing), but that's just the way the world works.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
36
Bat Masterson on Aug 4, 2020 wrote:
Sure thing on the stickies. Like this one in The Tavern?
Aye, that's right!

Stickying them that way should make them noticeable and easy to access for those that haven't seen them.

Many thanks!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1439
The key thing would be if there could be an influx of new players joining up, just starting to quest and going beyond the free zone. Returning players (not all of whom would return) are not enough. If the base managed to broaden and up the numbers, maybe there could be a second life for the game, and break the viscous circle.