For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Pirate101 has some amazing ideas.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 02, 2009
17
I think that Pirate is objectively a better game then Wizard. Pirate has better graphics, more animations, a better storyline and Pirate and Wizard have the same worlds, Pirate worlds are more realistic. The problem with Pirate are that it isn't as simple as Wizard, you don't have anything to do after you completed your quests(especially as a player with no crowns), there are no players and because of that there is no community. But the worst thing about Pirate is that you don't have a need to get stronger as in Wizard where you just need these epic looking high level spells or the powerful rare gear that everyone is talking about.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
StormBlade604 on Mar 2, 2020 wrote:
I think that Pirate is objectively a better game then Wizard. Pirate has better graphics, more animations, a better storyline and Pirate and Wizard have the same worlds, Pirate worlds are more realistic. The problem with Pirate are that it isn't as simple as Wizard, you don't have anything to do after you completed your quests(especially as a player with no crowns), there are no players and because of that there is no community. But the worst thing about Pirate is that you don't have a need to get stronger as in Wizard where you just need these epic looking high level spells or the powerful rare gear that everyone is talking about.
Yes and No. Yes, I agree that P101 is better than W101 for all the points you stated. Yet, despite the more complicated coding, KI had no problems providing main content at the beginning.
We do need side content to keep max level and FtP players engaged in this game.
But I disagree that "there are no players...there is no community". What do you call these boards, then? Our community ( while reduced ) is still active.

We don't have to "get stronger" because we're already at our peak, level and power-wise. There is plenty of powerful, rare gear in this game.

Ensign
Apr 08, 2017
39
I agree. We also have better character models here too.

Ensign
Aug 02, 2009
17
anecorbie on Mar 2, 2020 wrote:
Yes and No. Yes, I agree that P101 is better than W101 for all the points you stated. Yet, despite the more complicated coding, KI had no problems providing main content at the beginning.
We do need side content to keep max level and FtP players engaged in this game.
But I disagree that "there are no players...there is no community". What do you call these boards, then? Our community ( while reduced ) is still active.

We don't have to "get stronger" because we're already at our peak, level and power-wise. There is plenty of powerful, rare gear in this game.
Kingsisle has not released a new world because there are simply not enough people actively playing and supporting the game. The majority of the time I am questing, I am playing by myself because there are never any other players using the team up feature. The game has grown very dry without the introduction of enough new content into the game. So yes in comparison to wizard101 it feels as if there is no community, and I wish there was a way to change it. If only there was a way to bring more players back into the game, or to somehow fund Kingsisle into advertising or promoting the game more. Of course the only way to hype up a game and get the train rolling would be to introduce some type of feature or new content update to the game. But that takes time, and money, and did I mention more money.... sigh. Its just a really hard problem to solve and its an everlasting loop.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2002
StormBlade604 on Mar 5, 2020 wrote:
Kingsisle has not released a new world because there are simply not enough people actively playing and supporting the game. The majority of the time I am questing, I am playing by myself because there are never any other players using the team up feature. The game has grown very dry without the introduction of enough new content into the game. So yes in comparison to wizard101 it feels as if there is no community, and I wish there was a way to change it. If only there was a way to bring more players back into the game, or to somehow fund Kingsisle into advertising or promoting the game more. Of course the only way to hype up a game and get the train rolling would be to introduce some type of feature or new content update to the game. But that takes time, and money, and did I mention more money.... sigh. Its just a really hard problem to solve and its an everlasting loop.
I would take issue with your first statement - IF a new world was released, there are hundreds, if not thousands of pirates who would rejoin the game in order to experience the new content. By not releasing new content, Kingsisle itself is actually cutting off its income from this game over time. I, and several other faithful subscribers from Day One, have reluctantly abandoned ship.

I was questing yesterday in Cool Ranch -- Santo Pollo and the Banditoad Trail -- in Avery realm. I saw about five or six other characters moving about. None of us stopped to chat or anything, but it was nice to see. My other pirate in Skull Island actually found three other pirates to open a four-lock chest. Avery is the only realm where this will generally happen.

The effort to break the downward spiral (no pun intended) must come from Kingsisle.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
Willowydream on Mar 5, 2020 wrote:
I would take issue with your first statement - IF a new world was released, there are hundreds, if not thousands of pirates who would rejoin the game in order to experience the new content. By not releasing new content, Kingsisle itself is actually cutting off its income from this game over time. I, and several other faithful subscribers from Day One, have reluctantly abandoned ship.

I was questing yesterday in Cool Ranch -- Santo Pollo and the Banditoad Trail -- in Avery realm. I saw about five or six other characters moving about. None of us stopped to chat or anything, but it was nice to see. My other pirate in Skull Island actually found three other pirates to open a four-lock chest. Avery is the only realm where this will generally happen.

The effort to break the downward spiral (no pun intended) must come from Kingsisle.

It's Spring Break for schools, when that's over it will be empty skies again ( until Summer vacation ).

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2002
anecorbie on Mar 13, 2020 wrote:
It's Spring Break for schools, when that's over it will be empty skies again ( until Summer vacation ).
Exactly, now is the time to be in the game and make new friends, help someone defeat some Radical Foxes in the Isle of Dogs Sewers, like I did on my junior Buccaneer this morning.


Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
92
StormBlade604 on Mar 5, 2020 wrote:
Kingsisle has not released a new world because there are simply not enough people actively playing and supporting the game. The majority of the time I am questing, I am playing by myself because there are never any other players using the team up feature. The game has grown very dry without the introduction of enough new content into the game. So yes in comparison to wizard101 it feels as if there is no community, and I wish there was a way to change it. If only there was a way to bring more players back into the game, or to somehow fund Kingsisle into advertising or promoting the game more. Of course the only way to hype up a game and get the train rolling would be to introduce some type of feature or new content update to the game. But that takes time, and money, and did I mention more money.... sigh. Its just a really hard problem to solve and its an everlasting loop.
This is my post all over again. Can we please discuss this some other time?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1207
anecorbie on Mar 13, 2020 wrote:
It's Spring Break for schools, when that's over it will be empty skies again ( until Summer vacation ).
Well maybe some more folks will play while they're self-isolating....

Indigo has canceled all (all but one?) of his subscriptions to P101 because there's really nothing more to do. He and I would be back here in a flash if there was something to do other than fighting the same fights over and over, doing the same daily quests (over and over) or twiddling our thumbs. KI seems determined to kill the game, but in the manner of someone trying for force the other person in a relationship to break up.

Ensign
Sep 22, 2012
17
anecorbie on Mar 13, 2020 wrote:
It's Spring Break for schools, when that's over it will be empty skies again ( until Summer vacation ).
Oh yes, definitely during summer break is when there's people. Try looking at the game in June-August and there's usually a lot more players. In fact, you could even try now, now that schools across the world are closing because of COVID-19 (including mine).

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
828
Duck de Death on Mar 15, 2020 wrote:
Oh yes, definitely during summer break is when there's people. Try looking at the game in June-August and there's usually a lot more players. In fact, you could even try now, now that schools across the world are closing because of COVID-19 (including mine).
That thought is both interesting and frightening... It's something I'd rather not discuss much, but I'll admit it may have influence in Pirate101.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
Duck de Death on Mar 15, 2020 wrote:
Oh yes, definitely during summer break is when there's people. Try looking at the game in June-August and there's usually a lot more players. In fact, you could even try now, now that schools across the world are closing because of COVID-19 (including mine).
Hah! Making lemonade out of lemons! Who thought that an epidemic could be a boon to MMOs?

( But really, it's not funny...)