Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Poll: Deacon vs. Rooke

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
I've seen many people doing companion vs companion so I decided to do something different so how about this who would win deacon- armada spymaster or rooke- big guns of the armada and Kane's strongest soldier. I think the outcome could be different in one scenario deacon could start hurting rooke from long range before he make his move and drain a lot of his health but in the other hand rooke is bucc which means he has more hp and does more damage. So what do you guys think team deacon or team rooke .
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 61
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 65

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Rooke is going to win, no challenge. His shield is SO big it ricocheted Bonnie Anne's bullets, so its probably going to deflect Deacon's bullets.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Ethan the baron on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
I've seen many people doing companion vs companion so I decided to do something different so how about this who would win deacon- armada spymaster or rooke- big guns of the armada and Kane's strongest soldier. I think the outcome could be different in one scenario deacon could start hurting rooke from long range before he make his move and drain a lot of his health but in the other hand rooke is bucc which means he has more hp and does more damage. So what do you guys think team deacon or team rooke .
Deacon because Rooke wouldn't have enough dodge!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hmmm... -sips tea- I'd have to say Rooke. He has WAAAY better defense with the strong armor and giant shield, and he's a higher level. However, if Deacon was careful he could drain Rooke's health quite a bit before he got there, and still move away. That's kinda a difficult question....

-drinks some more tea- But here I'm going to have to say Rooke. I'm still not happy about Deacon's new voice an' all, that and Rooke is awesome.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
I vote Rooke. I've seen his fight (not something I want to repeat. I was kind of silly soloing it. XD) and the way he handles things I wouldn't want to be Deacon afterwards.

Scarlet Freeman, level 58 Swashbuckler
Alura Windlass, level 15 Witchdoctor

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
My post didn't show up so I'll just make another!
Deacon would win because of Rooke's low dodge.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
Rooke... definitely rooke. Rooke has so many more ways to attack then deacon does and since deacon attacks with a gun his bullets would scatter off his huge shield. And deacon is puny compared to Rooke who was absolutely huge. But that's just me.

Dark Creighton

Ensign
Aug 15, 2012
Rooke for sure!

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012
Rooke, no contest. With that massive shield of his, he could reflect Deacon's attacks back at him. The technique is cleverly called the Rookechet... well, I don't think that is how you spell it, but you get the picture. Plus, if Deacon tried to sneak past him, Rooke could use the Overprotect technique to send him flying.
Rooke is the clear cut victor.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Quentin Atherton on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
Rooke is going to win, no challenge. His shield is SO big it ricocheted Bonnie Anne's bullets, so its probably going to deflect Deacon's bullets.
Ehem... They don't really have bullets... Spark Charges for the win!

I think that Deacon would win, uh, just 'cause I like Deacon more.

Ensign
Feb 15, 2013
rooke, if you battled him in marely bone you know he is WAY more hard than deacon becuz he sends battle angels and other stuff on you every time you use a ranged attack on him aswell as the dragoons, never knew i'd say this but GO ROOKE!!!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Hmm. In a straight out fight, I'd go with Rooke: more powerful, more armored, and his shield would deflect the charges from Deacon's pistol (as pointed out by Monsieur Quentin). However, I'm sure Deacon would be too clever to allow a simple duel to occur. If he wanted to go up against Rooke, he'd arrange an incident to humiliate his fellow elite -- not kill him, as Deacon would be too wise to permanently damage Kane's council of elites, as that would harm the entire Armada cause. Deacon is cunning enough, and Rooke reasonably predictable enough, for the spymaster to find a way to do just that. But would that be winning a duel? I suppose it all depends on what one's idea of a duel is...

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
Hmm. In a straight out fight, I'd go with Rooke: more powerful, more armored, and his shield would deflect the charges from Deacon's pistol (as pointed out by Monsieur Quentin). However, I'm sure Deacon would be too clever to allow a simple duel to occur. If he wanted to go up against Rooke, he'd arrange an incident to humiliate his fellow elite -- not kill him, as Deacon would be too wise to permanently damage Kane's council of elites, as that would harm the entire Armada cause. Deacon is cunning enough, and Rooke reasonably predictable enough, for the spymaster to find a way to do just that. But would that be winning a duel? I suppose it all depends on what one's idea of a duel is...

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
That's a nice observation, Anne. :D

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart