Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Poll: Who is your favorite monk?

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 02, 2009
Who is your favorite monk companion? Is it Egg Shen, Kan Po, or Wing Chun? It can be for any reason, damage, skills, or their personality. So, who do you like best?

Community Leader
coolster50 on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
Who is your favorite monk companion? Is it Egg Shen, Kan Po, or Wing Chun? It can be for any reason, damage, skills, or their personality. So, who do you like best?
I like the design of Kan Po the best. I think it's visual glitch, but I like that his eyes look all white most of the time. Awesome.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Wing Chun.

Anyone who can stand on one foot for that long is awesome.

Ensign
Aug 29, 2009
Obviously Kan Po! He's the strongest and has great promotions!

~Sly Wolf Laveer, Level 45, Swashbuckler.

Ensign
Feb 16, 2011
I like Kan Po the ost. He is so strong with a hight doge, attack, and has many Epics and talents. When I see him in a fight I know I will win.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Wing Chun is the only one that gets an awesome heal for you to utilize so id say he has the best ability of them all. He may not do as much damage but with relentless he more than makes up for it if you put 2 epic points into it and he seems to benefit alot with it. Crane technique can you say Mister Miagi he poses way better than the karate kid anyday hehe. Wing Chun has my vote!!

Ensign
Oct 24, 2012
Kan Po! I love the damage and personality. I am his humble grasshopper!

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Kan Po and his crown counterpart. The only companions to be able to utilize Hide in Shadows for MASSIVE damage. And heal at the same time with a fantastic healing spell.

With all their epics they can rain down damage like no tomorrow, and for the lucky Witchdoctors in the game that have both Kan Po and his crown shop counterpart for their top companions, they have firepower with them that is undisputed.

Basically the sole reason I made me a Witchdoctor. Kan Po.

While the crane is a tad bit weaker than the goat monk, the crane also has a LOT more health, and a good deal more defense. So, the crane and the crown shop counterpart fall in 2nd place. For the lucky Musketeers that have both their crane and the crown shop counterpart as their top companions, they have the survivability beyond measure.

Captain
May 02, 2009
Here are the current standings:
  • Egg Shen:1
  • Kan Po:5
  • Wing Chun:2
*Egg Shen is my vote

Ensign
Oct 23, 2012
Hey guys your forgetting the Monquistan monk companion for privateers! Anyway, I'd say Wing Chun. He's not very good before you promote him, but afterwards he's awesome! He is the only monk companion who can use rouse when promoted! I just wish he had more health though

-Wesley Pelton Lvl 25 -

Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
Kan Po! I am his dragonfly. Pleasent Morgrim Strong level 15 and Kan Po level 13 goat diciple (how ever you spell it)

Captain
May 02, 2009
GrunkleStan12 on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys your forgetting the Monquistan monk companion for privateers! Anyway, I'd say Wing Chun. He's not very good before you promote him, but afterwards he's awesome! He is the only monk companion who can use rouse when promoted! I just wish he had more health though

-Wesley Pelton Lvl 25 -
Actually, Kan Po and Wing Chun both know Rouse when you promote them and then Rally when you promote them again.