Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Reviving the Pirate101 Nuzlocke Challenge

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 17, 2015
In Pokemon games, a Nuzlocke is a fan-made challenge in which if a pokemon faints, they're out for good. Similarly, Pirate101 works this way. Many people have already done a Nuzlocke, and it's boatloads of fun and spice to add to the current gameplay. Most of the Nuzlockes are toned down, however, I have come up with a set of HARDCORE Nuzlocke rules. They are as follows:

If a companion faints, they are gone for good.

If the pirate is knocked out, you must restart.
No pets are allowed.
Only upgrade your gear every 5 levels (if you get a better piece of gear after a fight, equipping that is okay.).
No doubloons unless Treasure Bath.
Combat logs (logging out of combat to prevent a death) are not allowed.
EXCEPTIONS TO THE NUZLOCKE
If a companion faints during a promotion, they are fine. Nothing happens.
If you accidentally enter a dungeon that is a higher level than you are (only by porting to a friend), you are exempt.
If you lose connection, that's okay. Nothing will happen.
Ship battles do not count, but ship-to-ship broadside combat does.
I would love for you all to try this out! I find that the Privateer class works best for this with their gunnery, largest selection of companions for free, and elusive 3.
Quests given by trainers (for powers and/or the 3 training tomes ones) are exempt from the Nuzlocke.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DecadentCupcake on Nov 24, 2019 wrote:
In Pokemon games, a Nuzlocke is a fan-made challenge in which if a pokemon faints, they're out for good. Similarly, Pirate101 works this way. Many people have already done a Nuzlocke, and it's boatloads of fun and spice to add to the current gameplay. Most of the Nuzlockes are toned down, however, I have come up with a set of HARDCORE Nuzlocke rules. They are as follows:

If a companion faints, they are gone for good.

If the pirate is knocked out, you must restart.
No pets are allowed.
Only upgrade your gear every 5 levels (if you get a better piece of gear after a fight, equipping that is okay.).
No doubloons unless Treasure Bath.
Combat logs (logging out of combat to prevent a death) are not allowed.
EXCEPTIONS TO THE NUZLOCKE
If a companion faints during a promotion, they are fine. Nothing happens.
If you accidentally enter a dungeon that is a higher level than you are (only by porting to a friend), you are exempt.
If you lose connection, that's okay. Nothing will happen.
Ship battles do not count, but ship-to-ship broadside combat does.
I would love for you all to try this out! I find that the Privateer class works best for this with their gunnery, largest selection of companions for free, and elusive 3.
Quests given by trainers (for powers and/or the 3 training tomes ones) are exempt from the Nuzlocke.
I'm all for someone creating a challenge system in any game, but I think you ought to reconsider one of your requirements: "If the pirate is knocked out, you must restart". Do you mean by deleting that pirate? I must remind you that there are many things in this game that can't be transferred through the Shared Bank. Among these are companions, houses, ships and even a few drops. ( Some paid for with real money ).

Completely restarting a pirate in those circumstances isn't a very good idea - this prevents any purchase of bundles or packs because the player would be at risk for losing these items. Unless, you mean that since we have 6 slots; to completely restart the game on a different ( though same account ) pirate, then that would be ok.
I also suggest that the player who wants to do the Nuzlocke wait until they reach a level where they have more than 12 companions, bad luck strikes so having more options than 4 companions would make this less painful.