For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

The Future of Pirate101?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10631
Trimond297 on Mar 10, 2019 wrote:
Would it perchance create plotholes to any existing main and side content tied to Book 15's rushed ending that was made if Book 15 would've been rebooted?

Well, you have your statements, but, Book 15's state to this day felt very hollow, completely strayed away from the true purpose of Arc 1 since P101 launched, to find all of Marco Pollo's Map Pieces to El Dorado, thwart all the Armada's attempts to find them and El Dorado, and moreover, defeat Supreme Commander Kane in his entirety.

In my perspective, it was kinda pointless to slice the rest of Arc 1 short, because the past material within the side quests that hinted towards later adventures(remember Poseidon EarthShaker's words about The Trident in Book 14?) were tossed away for a very rushed ending, which irked me inside my heart deeply.

If such a story that had potential and promise that was about to keep going on cut short, what would be the point of carrying on and creating new events & follow-ups to the story's rushed ending? I already know the answer, & that's already obvious.

They were unsure about what to do in such a long hiatus, but that decision to end Arc 1 prematurely was very last-minute, outside of its supposed outline, which wasn't necessary, to me. Any decision that deviated from the original plans may have regrets later on.

The saying goes to those who haven't heard of it, "Every action has a consequence.".

You may have your say, which I won't argue with, but, there's the chance of redemption in such a matter. Who's to say they cannot do such a decision?
It would be a waste of the limited time and resources to give us that reboot; I would not like a replay of the ending arc's thread of retracing every step in the process of rescuing Gazpaccio and the the reveal of Kane's origins and then his defeat.
Unlike the first hiatus, we knew where we were going to Valencia. Now, there is nothing in the story line that gives a hint to where we need to go next. Will we be pursuing El Dorado? Will there be a different thread started?
It is March, 3 years ago at this time, we had hints that our story was be continued. This past newsletter contains no such information and Bat Masterson has maintained silence on any plans for a test realm. This silence is troubling at best, at worst, it indicates a contemptous attitude to the customers of this game.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
anecorbie on Mar 10, 2019 wrote:
It would be a waste of the limited time and resources to give us that reboot; I would not like a replay of the ending arc's thread of retracing every step in the process of rescuing Gazpaccio and the the reveal of Kane's origins and then his defeat.
Unlike the first hiatus, we knew where we were going to Valencia. Now, there is nothing in the story line that gives a hint to where we need to go next. Will we be pursuing El Dorado? Will there be a different thread started?
It is March, 3 years ago at this time, we had hints that our story was be continued. This past newsletter contains no such information and Bat Masterson has maintained silence on any plans for a test realm. This silence is troubling at best, at worst, it indicates a contemptous attitude to the customers of this game.
Originally, in my thoughts to the previous outline upon reading it, we were supposed to go back to Valencia to seek info on Kane's defeat, which would involve aiding the New Resistance in their efforts to hinder Kane's plans to root them out, while fighting back more of his Armada troops, but moreover, upon completion of numerous tasks we would've, we would not only find Gazpaccio, but we would have the info on Kane's defeat, which would've been told when we would've brought him to Skull Island, but, before that, we would've faced Kane for the 1st time and defeated him(and temporarily shut him down, more likely) and his attempt to halt our escape, and took down Deacon and Rooke again, presumably.

The ending to Book 15's reboot would've been redone, rewritten, to be more precise, for a more better, more solid ending, with proper hints to where we were going, and a worthy cliffhanger, to boot; we return to Valencia, help the New Resistance, find Gazpaccio, drive back Kane, and bring Gazpaccio to Skull Island to learn how to permanently defeat him, which would involve building Able, like how the outline described. I wasn't asking for a replay to what we have today, you know.

The worlds we would've gone to, that would've been for Blind Mew to decide, but he didn't describe them. There were names that were in hanging, but not decided. Nothing more.

Yes, the very long period of silence does worry people, and should it keep going without resolving it, such worry increases, but sooner or later, it's got to end.

I really hope we have word that stops that silence soon.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
479
anecorbie on Mar 10, 2019 wrote:
It would be a waste of the limited time and resources to give us that reboot; I would not like a replay of the ending arc's thread of retracing every step in the process of rescuing Gazpaccio and the the reveal of Kane's origins and then his defeat.
Unlike the first hiatus, we knew where we were going to Valencia. Now, there is nothing in the story line that gives a hint to where we need to go next. Will we be pursuing El Dorado? Will there be a different thread started?
It is March, 3 years ago at this time, we had hints that our story was be continued. This past newsletter contains no such information and Bat Masterson has maintained silence on any plans for a test realm. This silence is troubling at best, at worst, it indicates a contemptous attitude to the customers of this game.
I wouldn't really call that a reboot, but rather adding back in the all the "filler" that was originally dropped (possibly even already made as in-game textures). KI has already done this before. This was during the Spring 2014 update that added the expanded "filler" storyline with Zadok. New pirates will not know the difference, just like they didn't with Zadok. Time and resources were committed to that, and to be honest, I'm doubting KI is willing to add any new resources to Pirate101. Either adding old scrapped data or recycles from Wizard101 seems to be the only treatment this game receives.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2104
Oran from Urz on Mar 12, 2019 wrote:
I wouldn't really call that a reboot, but rather adding back in the all the "filler" that was originally dropped (possibly even already made as in-game textures). KI has already done this before. This was during the Spring 2014 update that added the expanded "filler" storyline with Zadok. New pirates will not know the difference, just like they didn't with Zadok. Time and resources were committed to that, and to be honest, I'm doubting KI is willing to add any new resources to Pirate101. Either adding old scrapped data or recycles from Wizard101 seems to be the only treatment this game receives.
I guess maybe you're right, at least adding back in a few quests would be something.

It might feel like the waiter brought out more bread instead of the entrée we were promised.


Ensign
Aug 02, 2009
18
This is absolutely disappointing. I see some posts that are begging for a story line update, and even some pirates are saying we should be rewarded for our patience for the complete lack of content in the game we play?

We PAY to play this game. We pay the same amount for a subscription to Pirate101 as we do on Wizard101. So you would think that we would be receiving updates just like Wizard101 does right? So far we get maybe ONE or TWO updates per year (If you would even consider them updates). There is way more hype, players, and communication on wizard101, and its very heart breaking for us surviving here on pirate101.

To any KI Dev that reads these posts. I know you have to see the begging from the fan base for ANY sort of communication on a REAL update to this game! Why ignore it? What is so hard about just being honest with your customers and COMMUNICATING with them! Please no more quality of life updates.

Maybe the lack of CONTENT in the game is the REASON we don't have more ships sailing in the sky. A good marketing strategy would be to HYPE the game and to communicate some sort of big update that you guys might be working on!

I hate to get so flustered over this topic but seriously Kingsisle. You guys are ruining a wonderful game by the complete and utter lack of effort here.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
952
Hold up! I just realized something.

If I am correct, Valencia Part 2 was cut short because of a budget cut that made doing it in it's entirety close to impossible. Very regrettable, yes, but I'm not going to rant about it.

For another thing, Wizard101 had their 10'th Anniversary. Kingsisle wanted to make it special, we shouldn't bring last year into this.

For another thing, I don't know about this, but I heard that Wizard101 is not getting a storyline this year. Are we finally going to get some attention?? Is this true, Bat?

Merciless Brian Ornsley, the still-hopeful Pirate.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
Oran from Urz on Mar 12, 2019 wrote:
I wouldn't really call that a reboot, but rather adding back in the all the "filler" that was originally dropped (possibly even already made as in-game textures). KI has already done this before. This was during the Spring 2014 update that added the expanded "filler" storyline with Zadok. New pirates will not know the difference, just like they didn't with Zadok. Time and resources were committed to that, and to be honest, I'm doubting KI is willing to add any new resources to Pirate101. Either adding old scrapped data or recycles from Wizard101 seems to be the only treatment this game receives.
Don't forget, they revised Moe's and Jack's questlines with Manny's, of which all have been very satisfactory. They were way better than the former questlines they had in P101's early days.

The rewrite of Book 15, with a better, rewritten ending would be a far more reasonable choice, because, if KI can revise questlines for better ones, why not most of Book 15's main questline & its ending, too? I think doing it'll get us back on track with the search for Marco Pollo's Map to El Dorado and properly defeating Kane and the Armada, not like in the rushed ending.

Should P101 maintain its overall course to thrive for the better, re-charting the skies' course would be far more efficient.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10631
Trimond297 on Mar 14, 2019 wrote:
Don't forget, they revised Moe's and Jack's questlines with Manny's, of which all have been very satisfactory. They were way better than the former questlines they had in P101's early days.

The rewrite of Book 15, with a better, rewritten ending would be a far more reasonable choice, because, if KI can revise questlines for better ones, why not most of Book 15's main questline & its ending, too? I think doing it'll get us back on track with the search for Marco Pollo's Map to El Dorado and properly defeating Kane and the Armada, not like in the rushed ending.

Should P101 maintain its overall course to thrive for the better, re-charting the skies' course would be far more efficient.
I seem to recall that you DID ask Blind Mew whether there would be a reboot of book 15 and he flat-out told you no. Why continue pressing for it?
They should concentrate on continuing the story, not going back over old territory.

Ensign
Aug 02, 2009
18
Lookit Light on Mar 13, 2019 wrote:
Hold up! I just realized something.

If I am correct, Valencia Part 2 was cut short because of a budget cut that made doing it in it's entirety close to impossible. Very regrettable, yes, but I'm not going to rant about it.

For another thing, Wizard101 had their 10'th Anniversary. Kingsisle wanted to make it special, we shouldn't bring last year into this.

For another thing, I don't know about this, but I heard that Wizard101 is not getting a storyline this year. Are we finally going to get some attention?? Is this true, Bat?

Merciless Brian Ornsley, the still-hopeful Pirate.
Wow. You know what those are very good points! We should totally be okay with a 3 year or more period in between story line updates. Valencia part 2 was cut short, but you know. its okay! after 3 years and receiving an update that increased 5 levels and took 1 hour to complete, that is totally excusable. And wizard101 had a 10th birthday! they dropped everything they did for that ENTIRE year to focus on wizard101 for their 10th birthday. Its very understandable to excuse kingsisle for that year to not work on pirate. And yes wizard101 isnt getting a storyline update this year. Maybe pirate101 will finally get some well deserved attention after all this time. We can only hope and pray, since none of the devs want to respond to any of us on here.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2104
Trimond297 on Mar 14, 2019 wrote:
Don't forget, they revised Moe's and Jack's questlines with Manny's, of which all have been very satisfactory. They were way better than the former questlines they had in P101's early days.

The rewrite of Book 15, with a better, rewritten ending would be a far more reasonable choice, because, if KI can revise questlines for better ones, why not most of Book 15's main questline & its ending, too? I think doing it'll get us back on track with the search for Marco Pollo's Map to El Dorado and properly defeating Kane and the Armada, not like in the rushed ending.

Should P101 maintain its overall course to thrive for the better, re-charting the skies' course would be far more efficient.
While it's true that they went back to the beginning and revised a LOT in preparation for adding Ranked and Ship PvP, I don't know that rewriting Book 15 would get them much credit from maxed players -- unless it included visits to Polaris and/or Grizzleheim and multiple promotions for companions, etc.

Basically, without any budget or resources to speak of, and no plans for a Test Realm, AND recent Falmea Friday questions asking about the beginning of the game and the Tutorial, I am guessing we are looking at yet another "quality of life" adjustment - if there is an update in the works at all.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10631
Willowydream on Mar 19, 2019 wrote:
While it's true that they went back to the beginning and revised a LOT in preparation for adding Ranked and Ship PvP, I don't know that rewriting Book 15 would get them much credit from maxed players -- unless it included visits to Polaris and/or Grizzleheim and multiple promotions for companions, etc.

Basically, without any budget or resources to speak of, and no plans for a Test Realm, AND recent Falmea Friday questions asking about the beginning of the game and the Tutorial, I am guessing we are looking at yet another "quality of life" adjustment - if there is an update in the works at all.

If we get a QoL update that includes the side content we've been asking for these past 6 years; I won't complain.... much.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
138
CdeWinter on Feb 28, 2019 wrote:
I started playing Wizard101, years ago. It was a great way for me to have fun with my sisters, while I was away in university. I loved Wizard101 for that. But, honestly, Wiz stopped being fun, and turned into work, right around Avalon. Too many cheating bosses, not real strategy in the battles, and way too many defeat and collect quests.

Really, a sheep villager, standing next to piles of straw, asking me to go fight goblins and return with 5 pieces of straw? That's just poor writing.

But then, Pirate101 came out. I was intrigued by the newer design of the game, and by the different style of battles. No more depending on the luck of what cards happened to appear in hand. So, I tried Pirate101, I even payed a bit extra and to start in the prerelease week. And I fell in love with the story. It was deep, it was meaningful, it didn't have the pointless defeat/collect quests just tossed in for filler. And, it had a great, robust, friendly community. I still miss the parties we had back then, I miss heading off into the skyway, and finding a world filled with what seemed like hundreds of player ships sailing and fighting together.

But, then came the 3 year hiatus, the player base shrank, the parties grew quiet, the skyways became empty. But, I hung on, waiting for the inevitable update that would continue the story, and lead us closer to defeating Kane, and reaching El Dorado.

Instead, we got a rushed, slapped together update that felt like the novel we had been a part of, just got literally cut off half way through. Kane was gone, in a most unexciting and uninspiring way. And out goal of reaching El Dorado, finding our parent's grave, having even a bit of closure...gone, just gone.

Now, it seems like we're starting into yet another hiatus. Another period of lacklustre life/pet/mount updates. But nothing of depth, nothing really new being added.

I could put up with that, if KI actually communicated with the playerbase. If there was more transparency into what was happening. I am a paying customer, I've been subscribed since the prerelease week.

I NEED to know that it is worth my while to continue putting my money into this game.

But, KI stays mum.

I don't like doing this, I've always had the opinion that the more players that leave, the smaller the playerbase gets, and therefore, the fewer resources KI will put towards Pirate101. Because that's the real problem, not a lack of resources, but a lack of ability, or an unwillingness to reasign resources.

I hope KI can fix this in the future. I hope at sometime, that the player base grows again.
But, it's too late for me. I'm not spending more time and money here, waiting for words from a brick wall.

Maybe someday I'll be back. I kinda hope to see this game reach a point, where I feel it's time to return, but for now, Goodbye.

Goodbye to what was, and is, an awesome player base, and an amazing community, I dearly hope that you all have more patience than I currently do.
Same (about why I switched from wiz to pirate)

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
anecorbie on Mar 18, 2019 wrote:
I seem to recall that you DID ask Blind Mew whether there would be a reboot of book 15 and he flat-out told you no. Why continue pressing for it?
They should concentrate on continuing the story, not going back over old territory.
Well, yeah, that I remember, but, even though he said it to be, to quote, "practically impossible", he didn't give an explanation to why doing a reboot to Book 15 is not possible, even though he wished he could do it if he had such a chance, that he said, too. I mean, in my perspective, what are the blockades that stop them from doing it? Are there reasons, perchance, placed mandates?

So far, reasons to why it can't be done haven't been spoken yet. I don't know anyone who's versed into what mew does in a familiar routine in prior work that has such understandings.

I know, but I'm not sure how they would do it that would best the journey to El Dorado since they abruptly ended it. I mean, what would we even do at this point now?

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
479
Trimond297 on Apr 1, 2019 wrote:
Well, yeah, that I remember, but, even though he said it to be, to quote, "practically impossible", he didn't give an explanation to why doing a reboot to Book 15 is not possible, even though he wished he could do it if he had such a chance, that he said, too. I mean, in my perspective, what are the blockades that stop them from doing it? Are there reasons, perchance, placed mandates?

So far, reasons to why it can't be done haven't been spoken yet. I don't know anyone who's versed into what mew does in a familiar routine in prior work that has such understandings.

I know, but I'm not sure how they would do it that would best the journey to El Dorado since they abruptly ended it. I mean, what would we even do at this point now?
Blind Mew also said that the Armada clockworks would not be a companion........and they are now. So anything is possible.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10631
Oran from Urz on Apr 3, 2019 wrote:
Blind Mew also said that the Armada clockworks would not be a companion........and they are now. So anything is possible.
He said he wasn't in favor of recruitment, but if he could think of a way to do it, he would. Don't you realize this was just a financial gambit of KI's?
So anything is possible if money comes into the equation, but how would KI get money from a re-boot?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
anecorbie on Apr 4, 2019 wrote:
He said he wasn't in favor of recruitment, but if he could think of a way to do it, he would. Don't you realize this was just a financial gambit of KI's?
So anything is possible if money comes into the equation, but how would KI get money from a re-boot?
Well, if done right, doing a reboot to Book 15's storyline could bring many people back on to P101, even those who haven't played in such a long time. If a new chapter would be brought in to it, that'll have Crowns players spend some money on it to progress through, and/or Members to keep renewing their membership. That's one way to think and look at. Books 13 & 14 were a success, it got excited players to spend some money. The more money people spend on P101, the more KI's able to work updates on and guarantee P101's well being.

We've been having very few slow updates lately, but if Book 15's reboot turns out to be a good success, we'll likely be having more updates that pack more changes and content at a faster pace. Not everything has to be set in stone, you know.

Blind Mew asked us to help reach out to P101, and so far, we're doing our best, but the success to Book 15's reboot could benefit to bring in many more players to P101 and have KI's painted P101 canvas bigger than ever. And like he said, the more people play P101, the more content they can create. I can imagine that. Can you?

Ensign
Nov 29, 2012
2
Recently, if you have realized, the game has been loading quite slowly, like the loading of screens in between scenes, and that affected my game play. I have checked my internet connection and found no latency issues. Can the management conduct a quick maintenance for the servers? Thanks.

And by the way, I was playing Wizard for quite a few years before discovering about Pirate, and I adore the game very much.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2015
3
The sad thing is that all of us could be completely wrong and we will never know because no Kingsisle admin pays attention to us.

(Also I totally agree with the cheating bosses and collection quest problems in Wiz, that's why I stopped playing it before Avalon)

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
952
David Sandflame on Apr 7, 2019 wrote:
The sad thing is that all of us could be completely wrong and we will never know because no Kingsisle admin pays attention to us.

(Also I totally agree with the cheating bosses and collection quest problems in Wiz, that's why I stopped playing it before Avalon)
I notice that Bat Masterson still hasn't said anything, so I will.

The thought that they'll shut down the game? My answer: never! They would never shut down the game, because they actually care! You notice how Kingsisle feature Pirate first on the community livestream and Ki Live? This is an upward trend! Something is happening! Your brains are just envisioning the worst possible outcome, and then convincing you that it will happen. Something is going to happen this year, I just know it!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10631
Trimond297 on Apr 5, 2019 wrote:
Well, if done right, doing a reboot to Book 15's storyline could bring many people back on to P101, even those who haven't played in such a long time. If a new chapter would be brought in to it, that'll have Crowns players spend some money on it to progress through, and/or Members to keep renewing their membership. That's one way to think and look at. Books 13 & 14 were a success, it got excited players to spend some money. The more money people spend on P101, the more KI's able to work updates on and guarantee P101's well being.

We've been having very few slow updates lately, but if Book 15's reboot turns out to be a good success, we'll likely be having more updates that pack more changes and content at a faster pace. Not everything has to be set in stone, you know.

Blind Mew asked us to help reach out to P101, and so far, we're doing our best, but the success to Book 15's reboot could benefit to bring in many more players to P101 and have KI's painted P101 canvas bigger than ever. And like he said, the more people play P101, the more content they can create. I can imagine that. Can you?
Only if they give us new content with the subsequent level raises and companions. I'm NOT interested in re-playing a story line without extra experience or companions.

As to Blind Mew asking for our help in getting more players - I've done that by word of mouth,but,excuse me, that's not my job! It's up to KingsIsle to gain more players by advertising or providing timely updates.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10631
Lookit Light on Apr 8, 2019 wrote:
I notice that Bat Masterson still hasn't said anything, so I will.

The thought that they'll shut down the game? My answer: never! They would never shut down the game, because they actually care! You notice how Kingsisle feature Pirate first on the community livestream and Ki Live? This is an upward trend! Something is happening! Your brains are just envisioning the worst possible outcome, and then convincing you that it will happen. Something is going to happen this year, I just know it!
Too bad they don't take the time to actually TELL us something! If there's no news at all, then we're left with a "worst case scenario".

Ensign
Feb 08, 2015
3
anecorbie on Apr 8, 2019 wrote:
Only if they give us new content with the subsequent level raises and companions. I'm NOT interested in re-playing a story line without extra experience or companions.

As to Blind Mew asking for our help in getting more players - I've done that by word of mouth,but,excuse me, that's not my job! It's up to KingsIsle to gain more players by advertising or providing timely updates.
Could not agree more!

As paying members, it is up to Kingsisle to serve us and give us what we are paying for. If they need more money to that, then they can get it some other way. They are, in fact, a business. Asking paying members to create more revenue is only going to lead to people not renewing memberships and revenue dropping even farther below current levels, which only exasperates the problem(s).

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
147
Very, very late to this thread. I'm still alive, for one, and I was under the impression that losing my membership would make me lose my forum access! You've all done an excellent job of voicing my inner worries, and i still have some posts in this thread to Yar. I don't feel as though I can add much, but I really do appreciate this thread. Perhaps the hope we have kept alive for years shall finally become more than hope, more than just a fleeting wish. But, with Kingsisle, you can never really count on anything. Who knows what lies ahead?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
952
Bat Masterson? Blind Mew? Anyone there to give us an inkling of something?

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
479
anecorbie on Apr 9, 2019 wrote:
Too bad they don't take the time to actually TELL us something! If there's no news at all, then we're left with a "worst case scenario".
Over in this other thread, Bat indicated they are not able to make a new world at this time. So I assume any revenue generated by Pirate101 will go to quality of life updates (or Wizard101).

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/new-world-8ad6a42569cdb5880169d09e6b8c3745?page=1