Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Things people are looking forward to

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
I know that the site has been kind of grim and a little bit deprived of chatter since Anecorbie took a leave. So I just wanted to get a conversation started to keep the community going. Is anyone looking forward to something for the future of Pirate101.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
chiliman05 on Sep 15, 2020 wrote:
I know that the site has been kind of grim and a little bit deprived of chatter since Anecorbie took a leave. So I just wanted to get a conversation started to keep the community going. Is anyone looking forward to something for the future of Pirate101.
I am looking forward to this year's update; regardless of its content I believe it will be enjoyable for at least a while. I am also wondering what will happen in this year's birthday celebrations, they're due to start soon.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Lookit Light on Sep 16, 2020 wrote:
I am looking forward to this year's update; regardless of its content I believe it will be enjoyable for at least a while. I am also wondering what will happen in this year's birthday celebrations, they're due to start soon.
Same! While of course we should keep pushing for better content, we should also look forward to another birthday of our beloved game, and any updates to come!

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
I'll tell you what I wasn't looking forward to -- four random new housing items shoehorned into a free rewards code for Pirate101's 8th anniversary, along with some low-level pet snacks and gear, plus a RENTAL mount!

"And there was much rejoicing."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Ahoy there Lookit! Pleased to meet you, Halloween Chick and Chiliman. Captain Calamity is here. After a long cruise, I decided to set sail for Skull Island and poke my head in the tavern. Sorry I missed Captain Anecorbie, my friend. Perhaps she will see our signal flag. I shall have to dig out my party hat.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Calamity Finch on Oct 2, 2020 wrote:
Ahoy there Lookit! Pleased to meet you, Halloween Chick and Chiliman. Captain Calamity is here. After a long cruise, I decided to set sail for Skull Island and poke my head in the tavern. Sorry I missed Captain Anecorbie, my friend. Perhaps she will see our signal flag. I shall have to dig out my party hat.
Sigh, if there is any party hat to pull out. Have you noticed that there hasn't been any news on a game update yet? I'm concerned.

Administrator
Lookit Light on Oct 6, 2020 wrote:
Sigh, if there is any party hat to pull out. Have you noticed that there hasn't been any news on a game update yet? I'm concerned.
I'm talking with the team about providing news on what's happening for the rest of this year and what we're looking to try and do for the following year.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson on Oct 7, 2020 wrote:
I'm talking with the team about providing news on what's happening for the rest of this year and what we're looking to try and do for the following year.
Very well. I don't know what to expect at this point, but it's better that nothing.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
I will not be lured back into the Pumpkin Patch.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Ignore us, as usual, is my guess.

Not your fault, but it's so very frustrating to be told that in essence, we don't matter to KI.

Ensign
May 30, 2009
So, could you provide an estimated time to when exactly will that "statement" or "news" or whichever be released to inform us about the state of the game?

Administrator
PirateyLogan on Oct 14, 2020 wrote:
So, could you provide an estimated time to when exactly will that "statement" or "news" or whichever be released to inform us about the state of the game?
Yes! In about 5 minutes :). Standby.

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020
I don't mean to be pessimistic here at all but giving false hope to people isn't going to help the situation at all. You already gave us the answer we're looking for a year ago, there's no problem in saying you have no plans for this game. I guess no secondary skeleton key fight will come this year.

But I get it. This game didn't launch the way you'd hope for. It's been financially iffy for basically launch. So much cut content, etc. I completely understand why this game was completely written off after a year, and dare I say it makes complete sense from a business standpoint.

To be completely honest everyone's expecting to see this game close next year, and well, that's probably for the best, all parties considered.

Ensign
May 28, 2020
Bat Masterson on Oct 14, 2020 wrote:
Yes! In about 5 minutes :). Standby.
I am sorry if this comes across as rude or passive aggressive but, it seriously doesn't feel like the community is "cared about" at all despite what Falmea says. She is right in saying people are rediscovering this game. I have. But, the several years I have been gone, it has barely changed. The reason I rediscovered the game is because I love it so much but, it has been neglected horribly. The poor treatment was the main thing keeping me from coming back. At this point, it is incredibly evident that this game will shutdown soon so I am experiencing it for one last time before it does and all the files are lost to time and can never be played again. My money obviously won't do anything considering nearly a decade of money from tons of other people wasn't enough.