For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Thought this might be fun :)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 27, 2020
2
Since we're all home and been playing all sorts of games recently, one of which for me is Pirate101, I thought I might start a thread where we all share our favorite memories from this game. No matter how long or short ago it occurred, just a place where we can all share a moment that touched us in a certain way and we look back on with joy. I'll start...
A long time ago, probably somewhere from 2013-2015, I was in Mooshu with my first ever pirate. Crazy to think about that now. But I was near the cave in Khotan where you have to collect the three crystals to get through the gateway. I could NEVER pass that thing, and it got me very upset...
But eventually, with tons of grinding, leveling up companions, and doing some promotions, I did it. I felt very accomplished and I felt a sense of completion in myself.
Sounds cheesy but this could be fun...
Please share below, I'll love reading them
Sincerely,
Flint

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
Once upon a time there was a wizard....
When I heard that KingsIsle was developing a new game, based on PIRATES ( ! ), and were looking for Beta testers, I signed on. Unluckily, I wasn't chosen. However, I checked the web site every day and tried to find out all I could about the game. I eagerly awaited the game's release.
Then that awesome day arrived: you could play the game pre-launch if you made a purchase of crowns or a game card!
I entered my wizard log in and I was sailing the skyway - simple tutorials with clear instructions made me very soon an "expert".

There was an imaginative and gripping story line and wonderful companions on my crew, each with a different personality, well acted by the voice talents at KI.
Is it any wonder that I am NOW angry at KI for neglecting this marvelous game that has the potential to blow W101 out of the Spiral?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
829
My favorite moments of this game would probably be playing the storyline.

Let me explain. My mother and I have been players of both Wizard and Pirate101 since the early days. When Pirate101 first came out, I remember being very excited.

My first Pirate on the Live Servers was a Witchdoctor named Smart Gabriel Otway. I progressed to about Marleybone before I took a break from the game.

Later, I came back with my current Pirate, a Musketeer called Merciless Brian Ornsley. On both Pirates, I adored the storyline. I loved the monster fights.

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
92
ShiverMeTimbers200... on May 12, 2020 wrote:
Since we're all home and been playing all sorts of games recently, one of which for me is Pirate101, I thought I might start a thread where we all share our favorite memories from this game. No matter how long or short ago it occurred, just a place where we can all share a moment that touched us in a certain way and we look back on with joy. I'll start...
A long time ago, probably somewhere from 2013-2015, I was in Mooshu with my first ever pirate. Crazy to think about that now. But I was near the cave in Khotan where you have to collect the three crystals to get through the gateway. I could NEVER pass that thing, and it got me very upset...
But eventually, with tons of grinding, leveling up companions, and doing some promotions, I did it. I felt very accomplished and I felt a sense of completion in myself.
Sounds cheesy but this could be fun...
Please share below, I'll love reading them
Sincerely,
Flint
I remember when It was my first time in cool ranch. LOL I kept running into buffaloon, and kept being knocked out. There was also when I first started playing. (2014) I thought the yum fruit were the troggies XD. ANd then when I forgot my password one day, I made this account ....

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
829
Amazingshot123 on May 14, 2020 wrote:
I remember when It was my first time in cool ranch. LOL I kept running into buffaloon, and kept being knocked out. There was also when I first started playing. (2014) I thought the yum fruit were the troggies XD. ANd then when I forgot my password one day, I made this account ....
The buffaloons are hilarious, they may be my favorite monster in all the Spiral!

Ensign
Jan 26, 2013
8
Oh my goodness. I remember back when I first started (many many years ago), I got stuck at the end of the free-to-play section. As a small-ish child at the time, I didn't have the money to continue and didn't want to bother my parents for it, so I decided I would just have to find some other way...

I could have tried grinding some boss fights, maybe. Perhaps accompanied some others on their travels?

Nope. I farmed batacuda in Skull Island Skyway. For months.

I somehow managed to get myself up to level 12 (a task of near-Hawkulean proportions, considering the xp given by those fishy rascals!) before finally getting tired. Thank goodness I have my own funds now and can buy crowns every once in a while! Sure makes leveling easier, and more interesting

(Other than that, my first times experiencing the music in every skyway were nothing short of magical.)

Ensign
Nov 05, 2011
1
Back in 2013, there was a hurricane and school got out early. As soon as I got home, I spent the rest of the day playing Pirate101. I distinctly remember being about halfway through Cool Ranch at the time. I wish I could go back to the game at its peak, there are so many good memories.

Ensign
May 07, 2020
1
My best memory in Pirate101. . . Uh, this is tough.

It's probably when I got Ratbeard for the first time, and yes, I know, not that impressive, but still you got Gunn's Treasure and Ratbeard so yea. It was nice.

-Level 34

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
DuckOfDeath524 on May 20, 2020 wrote:
My best memory in Pirate101. . . Uh, this is tough.

It's probably when I got Ratbeard for the first time, and yes, I know, not that impressive, but still you got Gunn's Treasure and Ratbeard so yea. It was nice.

-Level 34
Welcome to the message boards, DuckofDeath524! Yeah, that's a good memory!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
888
Some of my favorite memories are of hanging out with the ol' Message Board Marauders. One of the coolest moments was meeting some of the forum "celebrities" for the first time at an in-game party, as well as OEJ & Blind Mew a couple times.

I think the coolest P101-adjacent memory would be running into one of the former CMs & her husband at a renaissance faire! I was SO nervous, but she was super nice and that experience helped me gain the courage to start interacting with the community more.

Ensign
Apr 22, 2016
9
Well, I haven’t played pirate in quite awhile.. but one moment I will NEVER forget was when I came to the tree on the island where you have to fight the gorilla and there are poisonous troggies. When I saw the tree with the face I thought it was an enemy for a boss fight until I got a quest to talk to him. At that point I was scared of him until I finally talked to him and every time I think of it.. it just cracks me up