Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Underrated Companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 08, 2013
There are quite a few companions that a lot of folks say are ehh or not very good, yet I really like. So I thought it'd be fun to list a few:

Milo Graytail - This guy is basically a second Ridolfo Capoferro (and honestly better than him comparing the two), except he can't learn Riposte. However, that doesn't make him a bad Swashbuckler. In fact, he's one of the only Swash companions in the game who can learn Vengeance Strike! He is terrific for Bucklers and Muskets, as you'd have a great backup at the ready for if your Ridolfo or Fan were to go down.

Mormo - Easily the best water mole companion imo. Out of all the Witchdoctor companions I use on my Witchdoctor, Mormo seems to miss the least. Whenever he does however, he's able to give it a second go as he can learn Jobu's Ruse, which not even Scratch can learn. He's especially good once he has been promoted twice, as his Mojo Storm and Mojo Blade can be incredibly powerful if given a couple of mojo buffs. Not sure why this guy is generally considered mediocre, but I don't see him that way.

Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah - Going from one Witchdoctor to another with this guy. I got Eep on my Swash, and fighting him 25 times to buy him was worth it. He comes with an Assassin's Mist, which can be incredibly useful if given mojo buffs before used, and can learn Mojo Rising. Basically, as long as he's got his accuracy up, and he's given a couple of ranks of Mojo Rising and Mojo Echo, you've got yourself a troggy who can attack as wild as he looks, lol! And I can't imagine how crazy he must be on Witchdoctor....

Hawkules - This last one isn't as underrated as the others, but I still count him anyway because he is incredible on Buccaneer. A Whale's Might from both the pirate and Peter, and this guy is ready to throw down! Similar to Milo, he's a great alternative should one of your main companions go down, as he can learn the same epics most Buccaneer companions can. Not to mention his dialogue is hilarious XD

So there's my input on some underrated companions. What companions are underrated to you guys?

Strong Adam Warren - Level 70
Boris - Level 70
Wolf - Level 48

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Strong Adam Warren on Mar 16, 2021 wrote:
There are quite a few companions that a lot of folks say are ehh or not very good, yet I really like. So I thought it'd be fun to list a few:

Milo Graytail - This guy is basically a second Ridolfo Capoferro (and honestly better than him comparing the two), except he can't learn Riposte. However, that doesn't make him a bad Swashbuckler. In fact, he's one of the only Swash companions in the game who can learn Vengeance Strike! He is terrific for Bucklers and Muskets, as you'd have a great backup at the ready for if your Ridolfo or Fan were to go down.

Mormo - Easily the best water mole companion imo. Out of all the Witchdoctor companions I use on my Witchdoctor, Mormo seems to miss the least. Whenever he does however, he's able to give it a second go as he can learn Jobu's Ruse, which not even Scratch can learn. He's especially good once he has been promoted twice, as his Mojo Storm and Mojo Blade can be incredibly powerful if given a couple of mojo buffs. Not sure why this guy is generally considered mediocre, but I don't see him that way.

Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah - Going from one Witchdoctor to another with this guy. I got Eep on my Swash, and fighting him 25 times to buy him was worth it. He comes with an Assassin's Mist, which can be incredibly useful if given mojo buffs before used, and can learn Mojo Rising. Basically, as long as he's got his accuracy up, and he's given a couple of ranks of Mojo Rising and Mojo Echo, you've got yourself a troggy who can attack as wild as he looks, lol! And I can't imagine how crazy he must be on Witchdoctor....

Hawkules - This last one isn't as underrated as the others, but I still count him anyway because he is incredible on Buccaneer. A Whale's Might from both the pirate and Peter, and this guy is ready to throw down! Similar to Milo, he's a great alternative should one of your main companions go down, as he can learn the same epics most Buccaneer companions can. Not to mention his dialogue is hilarious XD

So there's my input on some underrated companions. What companions are underrated to you guys?

Strong Adam Warren - Level 70
Boris - Level 70
Wolf - Level 48
Another underrated Companion appreciator! I love your thoughts. And I agree that Eep is amazing, he's essentially a Musketeer disguised as a Witchdoctor. And yes, Hawkules is very funny.

One companion who I think is very underrated is Ju Hao. He's a swashbuckler companion that is available to all classes from a Side Quest in Mooshu. Problem is, he has zero Promotions, zero Powers, and zero usability. I fail to understand why an all-classes Companion is so universally awful, and I would love to see him get better.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012