Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

walk in shadows

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
Hi everyone.

I don't get the power - 'walk in shadows'.

I keep thinking I can walk around and stab enemies while in shadows but then it says, invisible until I attack.
So, that's confusing to me bcoz why do I need that power?
Then Im thinking ok, does it enable me to walk around undetected so I can sneak over to a statue I need to destroy or some big boss I can sneak up on from behind undetected?

Any Pirates out there able to explain it to me, pls?

I would love to use that power correctly.

TYIA
Sabrina

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
BonneyOcean on Sep 26, 2022 wrote:
Hi everyone.

I don't get the power - 'walk in shadows'.

I keep thinking I can walk around and stab enemies while in shadows but then it says, invisible until I attack.
So, that's confusing to me bcoz why do I need that power?
Then Im thinking ok, does it enable me to walk around undetected so I can sneak over to a statue I need to destroy or some big boss I can sneak up on from behind undetected?

Any Pirates out there able to explain it to me, pls?

I would love to use that power correctly.

TYIA
Sabrina
Being stealthed through Walk in Shadows or similar powers grants you the following abilities.
  • Your Weapon Power is doubled while you are Stealthed
  • You do not trigger opponent's Epic Talents (Overwatch, Hold The Line, First Strike, etc.), except if they specifically say they can detect hidden attacks or movements.

If you want to take advantage of this, here are some tips:
  • Do not use a basic weapon attack while hidden. The best way to use this power is by pairing it with Back Stab and it's upgrades to essentially deal quadruple your normal damage at once. If you aren't a Swashbuckler, other weapon attack powers should be able to serve as an alternative. Very powerful.
  • The 'hidden' quality only applies to one hit. If you make subsequent hits after (such as with Relentless), they will be normal hits and enemies can respond to them. Keep this in mind.
  • Most Powers will NOT get a boost from being hidden unless they specifically use Weapon Power to calculate damage.

Smooth sailing!

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
Thank you very much, Lookit Light.
Very informative. Much obliged.